2012 4* WR Cayleb Jones (Arizona signee)

smuphy72wde

I think Trooper could do it, seeing as he coached at OSU for a while.

Also, the fact that Texas failed to get two of our coaches makes it awully believeable when the coaches say this place is special.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He projects to be one of the top WR in the country...he is Emory Blakes cousin, is he one of the main targets for us at WR this year?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Cayleb-Jones-98700

He's definently already got the size and has a nice offers list so far

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=30369.0

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND!!!  ;)

Actually before I ask I want to know if any of the mods recommend me not doing that.

Not a MOD but it is harmless. Emory will just think you're a huge AU football fan and that you follow recruiting. Just be like "Hey man, I hear your have a cousin named Cayleb who is a baller! Wouldn't that be cool if ya'll played together as part of the AU family!"

Ha yeah. I'll probably just say "Hey, so I see there's this stud reciever out of Austin named Cayleb Jones. I was wondering if you knew anything about him."

And he'd be like, "Yeah we're related."

And I'll be like, "Oh that's good to know. So what would you think about him coming here?"

Note: This is just a sample outline  :P

And then be like, "That's cool....can me and all my friends assault him on facebook?"  :laugh:

Too funny -- but did anything come of this?

He projects to be one of the top WR in the country...he is Emory Blakes cousin, is he one of the main targets for us at WR this year?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Cayleb-Jones-98700

He's definently already got the size and has a nice offers list so far

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=30369.0

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND!!!  ;)

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=11980.0  should we merge this one, into that one lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The Auburn Eagle page on facebook just said he is going to visit AU on an official, but no date set yet. Any chance we flip him? (I'll take my gold star for using the search function any time  :P)

Emory Blake & Cayleb Jones on twitter today:

EB_TXmade Emory Blake

by Cayleb_JonesTx4

s/o to my Cuzzo @Cayleb_JonesTx4 he needs more followers!! He says he needs some AU fans so follow the number 1 receiver in the 2012 class

@Cayleb_JonesTx4 Cayleb Jones

AU is not in a Slump y'all wait till @EB_TXmade is Healthy Bama upset on the way!

Some Texas Fan:  :laugh:

@cnh22 cnh

@Cayleb_JonesTx4 y u talkin up Auburn man?? Thought you were a Horn, what changed? Was excited to see you in burnt orange man,disappointed

Cayleb responds:

Cayleb Jones

@cnh22 my cousin goes there...relax

I wouldn't get too excited...I think he'll give us a shot b/c he's a good kid taking a visit, but don't think there's too much going on here other than just visiting his cousin.

Emory Blake & Cayleb Jones on twitter today:

EB_TXmade Emory Blake

by Cayleb_JonesTx4

s/o to my Cuzzo @Cayleb_JonesTx4 he needs more followers!! He says he needs some AU fans so follow the number 1 receiver in the 2012 class

AU is not in a Slump y'all wait till @EB_TXmade is Healthy Bama upset on the way!

Some Texas Fan:  :laugh:

@cnh22 cnh

@Cayleb_JonesTx4 y u talkin up Auburn man?? Thought you were a Horn, what changed? Was excited to see you in burnt orange man,disappointed

Cayleb responds:

Cayleb Jones

@cnh22 my cousin goes there...relax

:laugh:

per JCShurburt on his commitment to UT and his upcoming official to Auburn, " can't really say anything about what's going on,” Jones said. “My parents told me not to say anything, so I really can't talk. All I can really say right now is, 'No comment'.”

Sounds like more than just a trip to visit Emory to me....

Also interesting response from Texas fans... They are saying if he visits AU, Mack Brown should just let him go, pull his offer... it's a totally different recruiting game to them. They get %80 - %90 of their recruits committed in February, 1 year before NSD! This could get interesting...

Also interesting response from Texas fans... They are saying if he visits AU, Mack Brown should just let him go, pull his offer... it's a totally different recruiting game to them. They get %80 - %90 of their recruits committed in February, 1 year before NSD! This could get interesting...

Hope Caleb gets to see and read those responses about how the Texas fan base is!!

per JCShurburt on his commitment to UT and his upcoming official to Auburn, " can't really say anything about what's going on,” Jones said. “My parents told me not to say anything, so I really can't talk. All I can really say right now is, 'No comment'.”

Wow! Yeah that does. I just basing it off the tweets. Are we looking do take 2 more WRs? Diggs and possibly Jones?

per JCShurburt on his commitment to UT and his upcoming official to Auburn, " can't really say anything about what's going on,†Jones said. “My parents told me not to say anything, so I really can't talk. All I can really say right now is, 'No comment'.â€

Wow! Yeah that does. I just basing it off the tweets. Are we looking do take 2 more WRs? Diggs and possibly Jones?

We want 1 more true WR in Diggs, but we still will push for Jones. However, we are recruiting him mainly as a CB, with a possible option of getting a look at WR

[/quoteIt's the same way Little Debbie Man works so we are used to it.

His visit is probably just to appease his cousin.  However, would anyone say it's possible that our recent struggles at the WR position have any effect on him?  Either our coaches have turned on the interest, or the depth chart could now look more favorable for early starting time?

Guest Tigereagle03

This was from a long horn board..

OB: Per Suchomel: I just spoke to UT commit Cayleb Jones' father, Robert Jones, to get clarification on Cayleb's tweet that has generated so much discussion. A little background and clarification before I get into my conversation with Mr. Jones ... Cayleb tweeted yesterday that he needed more "fans" for when he took a visit to Auburn. People obviously took that and ran with it and wondered if his commitment to Texas was solid. The obviously took that and ran with it and wondered if his commitment to Texas was solid. The message was deleted, but Cayleb did later tweet that he's still going to Texas when someone asked. asked. To get further clarification, I spoke with his dad moments ago"I can assure you my son is not going to Auburn," Mr. Jones said. "His first cousin goes there and he wants to go see him. That's it." weekend to see Jones' cousin, Emory Blake, but with that game being a 2:30 kick-off and Cayleb playing Friday night, they were unable to make travel arrangements in time Instead, Cayleb will go to Auburn to see Blake play and hang out up there"It's hard to get tickets, it's hard for him to get there and he just wants to go see his cousin," Mr Mr. Jones said he doesn't believe the Texas coaches have any issue with the visit. The UT coaches are "secure" with their place with cayleb and his family.. Per his father.

OB: Per Suchomel: I just spoke to UT commit Cayleb Jones' father, Robert Jones, to get clarification on Cayleb's tweet that has generated so much discussion. A little background and clarification before I get into my conversation with Mr. Jones ... Cayleb tweeted yesterday that he needed more "fans" for when he took a visit to Auburn. People obviously took that and ran with it and wondered if his commitment to Texas was solid. The obviously took that and ran with it and wondered if his commitment to Texas was solid. The message was deleted, but Cayleb did later tweet that he's still going to Texas when someone asked. asked. To get further clarification, I spoke with his dad moments ago"I can assure you my son is not going to Auburn," Mr. Jones said. "His first cousin goes there and he wants to go see him. That's it." weekend to see Jones' cousin, Emory Blake, but with that game being a 2:30 kick-off and Cayleb playing Friday night, they were unable to make travel arrangements in time Instead, Cayleb will go to Auburn to see Blake play and hang out up there"It's hard to get tickets, it's hard for him to get there and he just wants to go see his cousin," Mr Mr. Jones said he doesn't believe the Texas coaches have any issue with the visit. The UT coaches are "secure" with their place with cayleb and his family.. Per his father.

pretty much what we all expected......but if there's no chance, I'd have a problem with our coaches allowing him to waste one of our 55 OVs on him.

pretty much what we all expected......but if there's no chance, I'd have a problem with our coaches allowing him to waste one of our 55 OVs on him.

Not if it's Emory's cousin and a good player. That's how his father feels at this moment, but anything can happen.

Archived