2012 4* WR Cayleb Jones (Arizona signee)

smuphy72wde

This was from a long horn board..

OB: Per Suchomel: I just spoke to UT commit Cayleb Jones' father, Robert Jones, to get clarification on Cayleb's tweet that has generated so much discussion. A little background and clarification before I get into my conversation with Mr. Jones ... Cayleb tweeted yesterday that he needed more "fans" for when he took a visit to Auburn. People obviously took that and ran with it and wondered if his commitment to Texas was solid. The obviously took that and ran with it and wondered if his commitment to Texas was solid. The message was deleted, but Cayleb did later tweet that he's still going to Texas when someone asked. asked. To get further clarification, I spoke with his dad moments ago"I can assure you my son is not going to Auburn," Mr. Jones said. "His first cousin goes there and he wants to go see him. That's it." weekend to see Jones' cousin, Emory Blake, but with that game being a 2:30 kick-off and Cayleb playing Friday night, they were unable to make travel arrangements in time Instead, Cayleb will go to Auburn to see Blake play and hang out up there"It's hard to get tickets, it's hard for him to get there and he just wants to go see his cousin," Mr Mr. Jones said he doesn't believe the Texas coaches have any issue with the visit. The UT coaches are "secure" with their place with cayleb and his family.. Per his father.

pretty much what we all expected......but if there's no chance, I'd have a problem with our coaches allowing him to waste one of our 55 OVs on him.

I would not have a problem with. Just shows how important family is to this program. It's not a cliche. Our staff backs it up.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OB: Per Suchomel: I just spoke to UT commit Cayleb Jones' father, Robert Jones, to get clarification on Cayleb's tweet that has generated so much discussion. A little background and clarification before I get into my conversation with Mr. Jones ... Cayleb tweeted yesterday that he needed more "fans" for when he took a visit to Auburn. People obviously took that and ran with it and wondered if his commitment to Texas was solid. The obviously took that and ran with it and wondered if his commitment to Texas was solid. The message was deleted, but Cayleb did later tweet that he's still going to Texas when someone asked. asked. To get further clarification, I spoke with his dad moments ago"I can assure you my son is not going to Auburn," Mr. Jones said. "His first cousin goes there and he wants to go see him. That's it." weekend to see Jones' cousin, Emory Blake, but with that game being a 2:30 kick-off and Cayleb playing Friday night, they were unable to make travel arrangements in time Instead, Cayleb will go to Auburn to see Blake play and hang out up there"It's hard to get tickets, it's hard for him to get there and he just wants to go see his cousin," Mr Mr. Jones said he doesn't believe the Texas coaches have any issue with the visit. The UT coaches are "secure" with their place with cayleb and his family.. Per his father.

pretty much what we all expected......but if there's no chance, I'd have a problem with our coaches allowing him to waste one of our 55 OVs on him.

Is 55 OVs the limit per game? I had no idea there was a limit.

Per season I believe.

Per season I believe.

Oh wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the clarification.

With the way UTA has been going in the opposite direction recently, I would think we would have a fairly decent chance of landing this young man. UTA may possibility be looking at a coaching change if Mac cannot right the ship real soon. ALso, with the Big 12 going down the toilet as we speak, playing in the SEC becomes a lot more desirable than ever. How many slots do we have open now, and what positiions do you think will the remainling slots will go to. It lools like we are well on our way to having a great class!

WDE!!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

With the way UTA has been going in the opposite direction recently, I would think we would have a fairly decent chance of landing this young man. UTA may possibility be looking at a coaching change if Mac cannot right the ship real soon. ALso, with the Big 12 going down the toilet as we speak, playing in the SEC becomes a lot more desirable than ever. How many slots do we have open now, and what positiions do you think will the remainling slots will go to. It lools like we are well on our way to having a great class!

Wishful thinking but not gonna happen. He is just visiting his cousin Emory Blake.

Wishful thinking but not gonna happen. He is just visiting his cousin Emory Blake.

I don't think we have much of a chance with him but I think there is a little more to it than just visiting his cousin.  Getting him on campus is big for our coaches.  You never know what may happen when the kids get on campus.  How many have we heard about who fell in love with Auburn just by visiting the campus? 

I agree that if he's not even interested in Auburn and there's no chance of switching him, its not worth it to waste an official visit on him.  I'd rather have an another uncommitted 5-star who is unlikely than a committed guy who will not switch.

mack brown will be head coach as long as he desires....defineately not on the hot seat

And if he decides to retire from coaching, he will be the athletic director if he wants it.

mack brown will be head coach as long as he desires....defineately not on the hot seat

And if he decides to retire from coaching, he will be the athletic director if he wants it.

But what about Deloss Dodds? Do you think he's ready to move on, 'cause I'm quite sure he's thoroughly entrenched there?

• 1 year later...

Emory Blake's cousin and former 5* WR Cayleb Jones is transferring from Texas. He's been suspended since March for assaulting a Texas tennis player. His family says that he's ready for a fresh start. Do we even take a chance here?

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9507370&src=desktop

Of course his family says he's ready for a fresh start! They're on his side. In "assaulting" the UT tennis player, he fractured the guy's jaw. Initially the charges were felony assault but were later dropped to a misdemeanor. He's still under suspension at UT. Mack Brown is more than happy to let him go.

Not just no, but Hell No! Malzahn says it's a new day. All right, let's prove it by stop taking chances on athletes with known overt character issues. Let him find his way to OSU playing for Urban Cryer.

Of course his family says he's ready for a fresh start! They're on his side. In "assaulting" the UT tennis player, he fractured the guy's jaw. Initially the charges were felony assault but were later dropped to a misdemeanor. He's still under suspension at UT. Mack Brown is more than happy to let him go.

Not just no, but Hell No! Malzahn says it's a new day. All right, let's prove it by stop taking chances on athletes with known overt character issues. Let him find his way to OSU playing for Urban Cryer.

:thumbsup: ...or Les Miles if Urban don't want him

Emory Blake's cousin and former 5* WR Cayleb Jones is transferring from Texas. He's been suspended since March for assaulting a Texas tennis player. His family says that he's ready for a fresh start. Do we even take a chance here?

http://m.espn.go.com...370&src=desktop

Coach Malzahn loved him out of HS but the early word I am getting is no.

http://m.espn.go.com...370&src=desktop

Coach Malzahn loved him out of HS but the early word I am getting is no.

Thanks, E!

I say yes...

If we can give Cam Newton and Nick Marshall a second chance... I don't see the difference.

I say yes...

If we can give Cam Newton and Nick Marshall a second chance... I don't see the difference.

I second this motion. I believe we at least should let Gus sit down with him and his family to find out his maturity level and if indeed the kid has learned his lesson.

i'd love to take the moral high road here, but can he help us win football games while staying relatively out of the limelight?

if yes, then yes. take him.

Did Jones ever visit AU when he was being recruited in high school?

Yes. With Emory Blake, whom he is related to.

Sign him up!!!

CRL-CRG-CDC-CTH---------and CGM can show him the way of being too busy to mess around with his free ride. I believe THIS staff will let him know up front, how the Bus rolls..

Archived