When are we going to have a defense again?

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jojo1515

2091....lol. jk...I'm guessing 2 years from now...maybe next year if we can pull a top notch juco LB or 2. Our D line should be nasty next year.

Definitely happy with where we are at, but also long for the days when you knew the game had to be one with a few great stops on defense, you had no worries. I almost had a heart-attack on Saturday night. I'm still having a difficult time realizing that we won that game.

My guess is that next year we will be better along the D-Line, but two years from now we should be just plain nasty on the front 7.

The D has improved a ton. The O is awesome . The O and the D helped GA get back in it. You can't just blame the D. Field position was bad at times.

Just wondering.

We have one now. Our D made some very good plays yesterday. We had an interception too. Dee Ford is playing at an elite level right now in my opinion.

Just wondering.

We have one now. Our D made some very good plays yesterday. We had an interception too. Dee Ford is playing at an elite level right now in my opinion.

Love this answer!!!

I just long for the days of the nasty Dye and Tuberville defenses. Even though we made some good plays yesterday, giving up 38 points down the stretch is unacceptable. If not for a freak play, defense would have lost us the game yesterday.

I just long for the days of the nasty Dye and Tuberville defenses. Even though we made some good plays yesterday, giving up 38 points down the stretch is unacceptable. If not for a freak play, defense would have lost us the game yesterday.

Can't put it all on the Defense. The Offense could not get a first down in the 4th quarter. The Defense was on the field a lot in the final 12 minutes. Also, I love the way Clark punts and limits the returnable punts, but he picked a terrible time to shank a 30 yarder in the 4th.

The D players we signed last year combined with another class or two and we'll be nasty. They are recruiting some elite ballers. Our talent level on D is currently below where it needs to be- that is changing very soon.

Going to take a couple of years at least to get "good" AU needs LBs in the worst way and is very thin at CB. Get those positions shored up and it will come along. But this is the age of the offense. Penalties and schemes are all in the offense's favor thus making defense really tough to play. I think CEJ has a good scheme and a good mind for defense, it's just going to take the right athletes to play his style. He has had some very good defenses in the past so he knows what it will take.

I was worried at the end of the 3rd when we were leaning on the UGA D and then waited for the quarter to end before taking another snap. The offense relies on being able to stretch and press the defense when plays are working. We gave them a break during the quarter change and had to settle for a FG. Going up by 24 instead of 20 would have been huge. We settled for too many field goals yesterday.

Our D couldn't get enough pressure on Murray....they played pitch and catch during the 4th quarter. Fatigue? This bye week is coming at a great time. I expect Gus and company will have some new wrinkles for the UATaters. After the first downfield catch by Sammie (then ruled incomplete????), it seems like we didn't stretch the defense much after that. I think we will see more downfield passing in a couple of weeks.

Thrilled with being 10-1!! Rest up boys and be ready for Bama!!!!

If you are going to blame the defense for yesterday, then you must not have seen the game at all. Putting the blame on the defense is simply not accurate.

I love it that we are 10-1 and we have people complaining. The stuff during the game thread about how we "suck" and all other similar type of nonsense makes me sick. I think some of our fans are not worthy of the team we have both offense and defense. Those guys kill themselves all year to get better and have produced a truly remarkable season and yet there is still a substantial minority on this board that are willing to dog them as a unit or an individual at the drop of a ball or one missed tackle. I love this damn team - maybe my favorite in 40+ years of following AU football. WDE!

We are not going to face many QB's as good as Murray. He makes most defenses look bad. I thought the D was playing real well until the last 10 minutes. A lot of the problem late was due to the offense going totally cold, going 3 and out repeatedly and giving UGA great field position. Had they ran off a few first downs, killed some clock and gave the D a rest if never would have been close. Another problem was the offense repeatedly settling for field goals when they could have put the game away. The offense left 19 points on the field in the red zone.

Definitely happy with where we are at, but also long for the days when you knew the game had to be one with a few great stops on defense, you had no worries.

When was this?

I am very proud of this team. These guys go out every week and play their hearts out. They have gone from being 3-9 to 10-1 in less than a year. And a chance for more wins. No one expected this from them. All is not perfect, but looking back to last year, I love what these guys have done. They will be even better next year on both offense and defense.

My thanks to the coaches and players for all their hard work, sweat, and tears from them this year.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

Archived