2015 5* ATH Terry Godwin (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pic. Good luck to Godwin wherever he goes. I hope it's AU

+1

Best of luck to him wherever he chooses, but I do hope he comes to AU and is part of a monster class!

War Eagle!!

Considering what they're going through? Huh, wonder what that means.

Until it's reported otherwise- if ever- I will assume it's a personal/family matter that I need not be concerned with.

It has been reported. His father was in the hospital. They have not specified for what but you could tell from the photos of coach Craig during the in-home visit, Papa Godwin was still in a hospital gown.

It has been reported. His father was in the hospital. They have not specified for what but you could tell from the photos of coach Craig during the in-home visit, Papa Godwin was still in a hospital gown.

Ahh, that's right. Thanks. Best wishes to Terry's dad for a speedy recovery.

Yeah I had a bout with cancer myself (kidney) I wish their family and his father well no matter where he signs

Definitely sending prayers his way that he beats it. Some things are bigger than football. May God bless him and his family wherever he signs.

Damn. They're all bad but that's a pretty bad one I believe..

It is. But it can be beat. My grandfather had it while in his 70s, had surgery, and it was removed. He lived happily for another 22 years before he died. My point being, if a 70 year old can make it through the surgeries and chemotherapy, then I have FULL confidence young Mr. Godwin can overcome this with a full recovery.

I had colon cancer that had spread to the lymph nodes....that was 8 years ago.....plus, two years ago, I had prostate cancer that was caught fairly early....so, I am a two-time survivor.....cancer is no longer the death sentence that it once was

I had colon cancer that had spread to the lymph nodes....that was 8 years ago.....plus, two years ago, I had prostate cancer that was caught fairly early....so, I am a two-time survivor.....cancer is no longer the death sentence that it once was

Congratulations! God Bless!

Damn. They're all bad but that's a pretty bad one I believe..

Survival rate for colon cancer depends on how early it's diagnosed and the Stage designation of the disease. Stage I colon cancer has a 92% cure rate. Stage IV has an 11% survival rate. Generally speaking, Stage IV anything is terminal, primarily because it means there are three or more other types of cancer present.

I was diagnosed with Stage I of relatively rare but ultimately treatable type. I was living in East Baltimore at the time and my neighborhood clinic happened to be the best cancer treatment hospital in the world, Johns Hopkins. Lucky me, right? While in treatment they discovered second rare, far less treatable Stage I. The next three years were horrible, but I'm seven years out and I'm good.

WDE!

Archived