2015 5* ATH Terry Godwin (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

Thanks, guys. It was one of the most surreal, harrowing experiences I've ever endured. If there's ever an all-things-cancer thread (unlikely), I have lots to say on the matter.

One final thought, and this can't be said enough: Early detection is your best shot at beating cancer, regardless of type.

WDE!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B7mo5z2IMAA4-t0.jpg

5 star uga commit tweeted this ^ pic.

Chuck Oliver says " there's nothing to it ", as in, don't read it as he's coming to AU.

OK, fair enough. But why stress that point over and over ?

He's clearly on our list of guys we'd want, right ?

So if he's so rock solid going to uga, why so adamant about him NOT flipping ? Is Chuck trying to send a message out to other potential recruits at that same position that there's nothing to worry about, Godwin won't be taking up any scholarships and bump you out, if you choose to come to AU ?

Just seemed odd.

Listening to the Hoak and Keith podcast yesterday and giving a rundown of the weekend, sounds like we have Godwin something to really think about. His sister plays basketball at UGA, but it seems that AU made a really really good impression on him. Hoak and Keith said that his mom LOVED Gus. And that's big. His dad loves DCraig too and he's been recruiting him hard. He was promised that he could play baseball and football at AU, and met Sonny Galloway and Gabe Gross too I believe. Hoak and Keith sounded like he'll come down to NSD still debating. But he does love UGA though.

B7mo5z2IMAA4-t0.jpg

Chuck Oliver says " there's nothing to it ", as in, don't read it as he's coming to AU.

So if he's so rock solid going to uga, why so adamant about him NOT flipping ? Is Chuck trying to send a message out to other potential recruits at that same position that there's nothing to worry about, Godwin won't be taking up any scholarships and bump you out, if you choose to come to AU ?

Just seemed odd.

Looks like you have your post backwards. It looks like you mean Chuck Oliver should be saiyind nothing to worry about dawg fans. It makes 0 sense for him to say nothing to worry about AU.

Anyway Dawg reporters are addressing this and other Godwin stuff solely because of the way Goodwin has handled his recruitment. Even though he has been committed to UGA for a long time he hasalways said he was going to enjoy the ride and make his final decision on NSD with an announcement ceremony.

Listening to the Hoak and Keith podcast yesterday and giving a rundown of the weekend, sounds like we have Godwin something to really think about. His sister plays basketball at UGA, but it seems that AU made a really really good impression on him. Hoak and Keith said that his mom LOVED Gus. And that's big. His dad loves DCraig too and he's been recruiting him hard. He was promised that he could play baseball and football at AU, and met Sonny Galloway and Gabe Gross too I believe. Hoak and Keith sounded like he'll come down to NSD still debating. But he does love UGA though.

It's spelled Hoke FWIW.

It's spelled Hoke FWIW.

Oops, my fault

Chuck Oliver is an Auburn grad but always seems to bad mouth Auburn - I guess to show he doesn't play favorites - but it definitely skews his view of anything that relates to the University we all are proud to call our alma mater.

Chuck Oliver is an Auburn grad but always seems to bad mouth Auburn - I guess to show he doesn't play favorites - but it definitely skews his view of anything that relates to the University we all are proud to call our alma mater.

Chuck is right. Very slim chance AU gets Godwin to decommitt from the home state U. and come to AU instead. We will finish second to some of the GA kids. Notables Trent Thompson and Terry Godwin. The way he says it does play well for the GA crowd and he knows this. He still likes AU a lot.

I think Mr. Godwin is closer to 5'10 than he is to 6'.

Don't forget, Gus is upwards of about 6'3"-6'4" if I remember correctly

Anyone see Terry on television last night, where he stated his first love was baseball and didn't say he was 100% committed to UGA and would sit down and discuss things with his mom and dad after the weekend of the 30th? Could he turn out to be a Surprise and a very good one for this Tiger class?

Anyone see Terry on television last night, where he stated his first love was baseball and didn't say he was 100% committed to UGA and would sit down and discuss things with his mom and dad after the weekend of the 30th? Could he turn out to be a Surprise and a very good one for this Tiger class?

He could be but it's more likely he's just enjoying the ride.

B7mo5z2IMAA4-t0.jpg

Just seemed odd.

Looks like you have your post backwards. It looks like you mean Chuck Oliver should be saiyind nothing to worry about dawg fans. It makes 0 sense for him to say nothing to worry about AU.

No, that's pretty much what I was saying.

" don't read it IF as he's coming to AU. " - because he's not. Or so, we're told he's not.

Anyway Dawg reporters are addressing this and other Godwin stuff solely because of the way Goodwin has handled his recruitment. Even though he has been committed to UGA for a long time he hasalways said he was going to enjoy the ride and make his final decision on NSD with an announcement ceremony.

I guess we're in the same boat w/ other guys committed to AU. I just felt it odd that Chuck would go out of his way to stress that the kid isn't coming to AU.

I think AU gave him a lot to think about. He will probably sign with UGA, but I still think we have a shot.

If he had any conversations with tray, then he has a LOT to think about

You would have to think with only one receiver committed (and he may not qualify and maybe moving Jason Smith to receiver we would have two)coach Craig being the top recruiter he is,he would have more commits or have some suprize on NSD.Maybe Godwin?

You would have to think with only one receiver committed (and he may not qualify and maybe moving Jason Smith to receiver we would have two)coach Craig being the top recruiter he is,he would have more commits or have some suprize on NSD.Maybe Godwin?

I would guess that he's got a couple plan Bs in the chamber.

Whether this guy has given us any real indication that he might ever be interested or not, I'm glad we're still keeping the relationship open.

• 2 weeks later...

Any new information on him? Lots of banter and speculation on twitter about our chances but somehow he has slipped to page 3 on this site. I would take him over Gibson as an athlete any day, if for no reason other than he seems to carry less baggage. All the early articles written on him were that he was blowing away the competition in the summer camps this past year.

Most thinking Godwin sticks with UGA. There has been a lot of talk that another GA receiver, taller guy, Slayton may actually be a high potential get for us now. He would be a good one and fill our tall receiver need.

Godwin is a great kid by all accounts.

So...

Probably not the type to leave the UGA coaches hanging on NSD with a surprise switch?

Archived