2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really look forward to your updates, Eagle, but I've been patiently waiting for you to give us a hint on top priorities for WR. Is it still an unknown or maybe some differences of opinion among your sources? I also noticed that you have changed TE priority from GWilliams to Hentges. Is this because we feel HH is the better athlete (personally I think he probably is) or that we think our chances are better to land the Mizzou kid. Thanks and great job!!

Both of them will be a take right now for TE. Not sure about top priorities for WR but McGriff is on commit watch.

I've heard Jovon say a lot of great things about uat. This is way I believe he'll sign with the "them."

Huhh?? When, he has been to Auburn 2 times in the last 3 weeks and we visited him today. I was under the impression we are looking Golden for him

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/A-look-at-the-top-of-the-board-for-Auburn-recruiting-28336432

Top of the Board

Keith Neibuhr

AUC has been told the AuburnTigers will sign between 21-23 prospects for 2015. Factoring in the usual attrition within a program and the possibility someone could leave early for the NFL, our best guess is the number might be up to 24 or 25.

This will change during the next 10 months, but here is what we believe to be the breakdown, by position, as of today:

QB: 1-2

RB: 2

TE: 1-2 (one 3-back)

WR: 2-3

OL: 5 -6

DE: 2

DT: 2

LB: 2

Star: 2

CB: 2

Safety: 2

And now, a quick look at each position — who’s committed and who we think MIGHT be the top remaining targets for Auburn.

QUARTERBACK

Committed: Tyler Queen

Top of the board: Torrance Gibson — 5-star prospect may visit Auburn for Big Cat Weekend. Auburn-Ohio State-Tennessee battle brewing? Tigers very much in the mix.

RUNNING BACK

Committed: Kerryon Johnson

Top of the board: Jovon Robinson — No. 1-ranked junior college running back is a star at Georgia Military College. Has visited Auburn twice this month, most recently last weekend for A-Day Weekend. Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee was at his school this week.

TIGHT END/3-BACK

Committed: None

Top of the board: Chandler Cox — No. 2-ranked fullback visited Auburn in February, and again last weekend. He may return in late May for Big Cat Weekend. There are several quality tight ends for 2015, but at 3-back — where Cox would play —elite players are harder to find right now.

WIDE RECEIVER

Committed: D’Anfernee McGriff, Jason Smith. (Smith is an offensive athlete with a lean toward WR)

Top of the board: Jayson Stanley — Auburn is looking at several high-quaity prospects at this position, and it was hard to single out one. But Stanley, a Peach State standout, is an elite-leve receiver in the eyes of the Tiger staff.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Committed: Marquel Harrell, Kaleb Kim, Bailey Sharp

Top of the board: Martez Ivey — Ivey is the No. 1 OT prospect in the country, and he plans to give Auburn an official. The question is, can the Tigers get him on campus before that? If Cox — his teammate at Apopka (Fla.) — goes to Big Cat, perhaps Ivey will ride along.

DEFENSIVE END

Top of the board: Natrez Patrick — A 4-star prospect from Atlanta, Patrick is a major priority for Auburn. Right now, the Tigers, Alabama and Georgia are thought to be in his lead group with the Dawgs perhaps holding an edge.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Top of the board: Trent Thompson — The No. 1 overall prospect in the 247Composite is a Georgia lean, but the 5-star DT has visited Auburn a bunch. With Auburn having so much success on the recruiting trail right now, might that influence Thompson? Right now this is an uphill battle.

LINEBACKER

Top of the board: Jeffery Holland — A 4-star standout from Jacksonville, Holland is a top-100 prospect. He has visited Auburn twice, most recently last weekend for A-Day. Afterward, he named Auburn his leader. Also can play the Star position.

STAR

Committed: Montavious Atkinson, Elijah Sullivan

Top of the board: Auburn likely is done, though someone such as Holland or Jordan Colbert also can play this position.

CORNERBACK

Committed: Tony Bridges

Top of the board: Darius Slayton — The Atlanta-area standout is tall and rangy, just what Auburn wants at cornerback. He attended A-Day with his family, and has been to Auburn a few times already. The Tigers might be the team to beat.

SAFETY

Committed: Ben Edwards

Top of the board: Jordan Colbert — The 4-star standout from Georgia visited Auburn last weekend with family, and calls the Tigers his leader. A commitment could be imminent. He’s the No. 18 prospect in Georgia, and can play either safety position — and the Star.

Quote:"AUC has been told the AuburnTigers will sign between 21-23 prospects for 2015. Factoring in the usual attrition within a program and the possibility someone could leave early for the NFL, our best guess is the number might be up to 24 or 25."

Assuming we don't sign any more before May 31, there will be 29 slots available for 2015 if we can get four early enrolee guys. Their guess of 21-23 is way off and 24-25 is low, unless we have a horrible recruiting year and simply can't get the quality prospects we'd like to sign.

These are the same people that said 21 or 22 last year. We ended up with 24 and would have taken more except for several notable late swings and misses.

Quote:"AUC has been told the AuburnTigers will sign between 21-23 prospects for 2015. Factoring in the usual attrition within a program and the possibility someone could leave early for the NFL, our best guess is the number might be up to 24 or 25."

Assuming we don't sign any more before May 31, there will be 29 slots available for 2015 if we can get four early enrolee guys. Their guess of 21-23 is way off and 24-25 is low, unless we have a horrible recruiting year and simply can't get the quality prospects we'd like to sign.

These are the same people that said 21 or 22 last year. We ended up with 24 and would have taken more except for several notable late swings and misses.

It states quite explicitly that they were told 21-23 and that their guess is 24-25.

CameronCrazy, thanks for posting. Good supporting documentation for WarEagleAU's big board.

For the record, AUC and Auburn Rivals said 23-25 last year.

If so, where did you get the 22 you were projecting? They may have changed to 23-25 after it became apparent we were nowhere near done at 22, but early on 22 was all the talk from everybody but a few idiots like me that thought 25 would be the low.

PS: If the transfer from Texas, Parks and/or Golson are added next month, we could yet sign 27 guys for the 2014 class.

For the record, AUC and Auburn Rivals said 23-25 last year.

If so, where did you get the 22 you were projecting? They may have changed to 23-25 after it became apparent we were nowhere near done at 22, but early on 22 was all the talk from everybody but a few idiots like me that thought 25 would be the low.

PS: If the transfer from Texas, Parks and/or Golson are added next month, we could yet sign 27 guys for the 2014 class.

1. I was saying 23-25 not 22 because that's what both sites had said since last summer. 2 The number in this class can also drop 1 more potentially to 26 if the DE Robison who transfered from Texas Tech goes on scholly before next June. People always forget about him and that he will count to a initial 25 counter limit if he goes on scholly before he finishes 2 years at AU.

Auburn will not be bringing Jovon back per numerous sources. Not worth listing him unless there's a major change.

Never know. Have to see how it plays out. It's part of 'cruiting...

Don't think so in this case. I believe Auburn made an agreement with the NCAA to not bring him back.

Auburn will not be bringing Jovon back per numerous sources. Not worth listing him unless there's a major change.

Never know. Have to see how it plays out. It's part of 'cruiting...

Don't think so in this case. I believe Auburn made an agreement with the NCAA to not bring him back.

As in any situation regarding recruiting, things change daily. Right now, I'd say the door is closed but not locked. Hint: The previous staff created the problem, not the current staff. Jovan will soon become one of the hottest commodities in the market for 2015.

Ellitor was actually wrong once

Ellitor was actually wrong once

I have been wrong many times but that was not one. As pointed out in the Jovon thread when we were first cleared to recruit Jovon, I was just passing along what I was told to so as to not get people's hopes up

What was it that some were saying about our slow recruiting start? Patience...patience. A-Day weekend was clearly a success. I had a lot of non-Auburn fans and fans from other conferences comment to me that we looked great during A-day they don't see anyone stopping us. Also mentioning how we'll be even better on offense this year. Hope so. My only concern far as recruiting is hoping we pick up a good bit of DEs, DTs and LBs but i'm not too worried about that. WDE!

What was it that some were saying about our slow recruiting start? Patience...patience. A-Day weekend was clearly a success. I had a lot of non-Auburn fans and fans from other conferences comment to me that we looked great during A-day they don't see anyone stopping us. Also mentioning how we'll be even better on offense this year. Hope so. My only concern far as recruiting is hoping we pick up a good bit of DEs, DTs and LBs but i'm not too worried about that. WDE!

I was preaching patience as some whined and worried, and now we have the #2 class in the composite, with J. Robinson, J. Stanley, J. Holland, another 4 star LB, another 4 star QB, two more 4 star OLs, two more 4 star DLs, and one rating bump at a minimum. This will be an outstanding class.

I was preaching patience as some whined and worried, and now we have the #2 class in the composite, with J. Robinson, J. Stanley, J. Holland, another 4 star LB, another 4 star QB, two more 4 star OLs, two more 4 star DLs, and one rating bump at a minimum. This will be an outstanding class.

Exactly right. I am quite happy with the direction we r headed in

Archived