2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

According to metafour we didn't try to keep A.J. Johnson and Foster last year, heck didn't really even want 'em...we only recruited Evans this year because he's from Auburn High... we never spent a minute's time recruiting McMillan or SDH this year... I do believe metafour lives on some planet in an alternate universe.

I didn't say a single one of those things but you've been destroyed so badly on this argument that I'm not surprised at all at the elite level of spin you are trying to employ in an effort to save whatever is left of your miniscule football rep on this board.

You may want to re-examine your recollection of the SDH recruitment BTW. Thanks for bringing him up, as he makes my point. To re-jog your senile memory, like Josh Casher he tried to rekindle the Auburn relationship once we started winning but the staff told him to stick with Alabama because they were tired of playing the game with him.

In each of these last two years we'd have gladly taken four if we had been able to land the ones we wanted. That's the proof of the pudding right there.

You seem to have a serious inability to understand how recruiting works. You repeatedly bring up 5-star elite recruits that fall under their own set of rules and then try to work their recruitment as some sort of proof that the staff wanted 'X' number of players when it flat out does not work like that. The numbers game of recruiting first and foremost starts with how many scholarship athletes they want at each position each year. For linebackers that number is about 8. After that number is filled (which we DID fill with 2 signees) you then get into the recruitment of elite players that are takes no matter what as long as you can make the numbers work, which in our case we could make work because we had slots open.

Yes we would have happily taken McMillon. We would have taken him because he is too good to pass up like any other elite-level recruit. That doesn't help your argument one iota. The staff would probably take three 5-star QBs in one class if it was possible, does that therefore mean that they "wanted 3 QBs"? Absolutely not.

You are grouping special cases (elite recruits that are takes no matter what) with the actual needs of a class and pretending like its the same thing when it absolutely is not.

The staff wanted four quality players at LB and we weren't able to land four.

...and here we ****ing go again.

The staff wanted 4 but you're telling me that after coming a minute short of winning a National Championship we could "only" land 2? Seriously?

No. The staff WANTED 2-3 but would have taken 4 if those other 2 were kids that were too good to pass up. There is a freaking difference.

That is why they would have taken McMillon but yet made absolutely zero attempt to recruit Kevin Mouhon after he was a numbers-casualty at Tennessee. Get it Mikey? We could have easily taken Mouhon if we wanted him. He wasn't elite so there was no reason to push over our NEED number to take him. Our NEED number to fit 8 on roster was 2. Anything after that only goes to elite level recruits...hence McMillon, Evans.

dude chill out

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....... how many linebackers do yall think we take in this class? :dunno:

But surely we need at least 4!

:big:

Sure we need four, but past history indicates three is about the best we can hope for.

Im gunna agree with mikey on one note and that is we need as many linebackers as we can get until we start getting really solid play at the position. Dont know if i agree that we can only get 3 but we gotta fix the problem that has been our LB corps

Dixie,

I did not lump everyone together, I just didn't have the time to read a frickin' 10 page thread to discern who started what. Snark leads to insults and cussing and what not. Some are worse than others, but it's not like anyone is a doe-eyed innocent when it comes to message board behavior here. I simply asked everyone to dial it back a notch. How that managed to get your feathers ruffled is an open question.

My two cents after finally reading through all this: metafour is right but has a bull in a china shop manner of expressing it.

Directives that apply to metafour and a few others (and some will apply to all participants):

1. Lose the cursing (especially evading the profanity filters).

2. Stop the personal insults.

3. Tone down the rhetoric.

4. If you want to be able to discuss something calmly, dial back the level of sarcasm and snark in your responses.

Dixie,

I did not lump everyone together, I just didn't have the time to read a frickin' 10 page thread to discern who started what. Snark leads to insults and cussing and what not. Some are worse than others, but it's not like anyone is a doe-eyed innocent when it comes to message board behavior here. I simply asked everyone to dial it back a notch. How that managed to get your feathers ruffled is an open question.

My two cents after finally reading through all this: metafour is right but has a bull in a china shop manner of expressing it.

Directives that apply to metafour and a few others (and some will apply to all participants):

1. Lose the cursing (especially evading the profanity filters).

2. Stop the personal insults.

3. Tone down the rhetoric.

4. If you want to be able to discuss something calmly, dial back the level of sarcasm and snark in your responses.

Anybody know where Travis Williams was last year? :rimshot:

Anybody know where Travis Williams was last year? :rimshot:

Some don't know that any better than they know Auburn's LB recruiting situation and needs. Which returns us to the subject...since we've already got one LB commitment for 2015 I'm thinking that once again we'll try real hard to land four. I just hope we don't fall short this time.

Some don't know that any better than they know Auburn's LB recruiting situation and needs. Which returns us to the subject...since we've already got one LB commitment for 2015 I'm thinking that once again we'll try real hard to land four. I just hope we don't fall short this time.

"We will originate out of a four-man front, with two inside linebackers and five defensive backs. It's a three safety defense."

It appears that we have 0 Linebacker commits Michael. Zero. Not one, zero.

Zero: as in the amount of football knowledge you possess.

"We will originate out of a four-man front, with two inside linebackers and five defensive backs. It's a three safety defense."

It appears that we have 0 Linebacker commits Michael. Zero. Not one, zero.

Zero: as in the amount of football knowledge you possess.

Will the both of you please give it a rest. The mods have asked you to as nicely as they can. Mikey quit making digs at metafour. Metafour just ignore the digs. It's that simple.

]Will the both of you please give it a rest. The mods have asked you to as nicely as they can. Mikey quit making digs at metafour. Metafour just ignore the digs. It's that simple.

Dude, you're a little confused about who is doing all the cussing and shouting in the thread. Look at what you just quoted. Who had the super-sized shouting? I haven't mentioned that guy since sometime yesterday.

]Will the both of you please give it a rest. The mods have asked you to as nicely as they can. Mikey quit making digs at metafour. Metafour just ignore the digs. It's that simple.

Dude, you're a little confused about who is doing all the cussing and shouting in the thread. Look at what you just quoted. Who had the super-sized shouting? I haven't mentioned that guy since sometime yesterday.

It doesn't matter who was shouting or cussing. You clearly tried to stir something up in your above post. If you want to do that, please direct message each other so we don't have to see it. We all would appreciate it.

That being said....This recruiting year is setting up to be a good one...GO!

I choose team Mikey :)

I choose team Mikey :)

In!

When we recruit 2 top sec caliber LB's each year who use 4 years of eligibility and don't get injured then 2/yr is perfect ...

Since I don't remember the last time that happened -> 3-4/yr

Ironman, it seems we have high 4* and 5* guys interested in auburn at various levels. Will be interesting to see how many keep AU on their top Tier and vice verse.

It doesn't matter who was shouting or cussing. You clearly tried to stir something up in your above post. If you want to do that, please direct message each other so we don't have to see it. We all would appreciate it.

That being said....This recruiting year is setting up to be a good one...GO!

Actually it does. As I stated to one of the principals, there is difference between simply disagreeing vs doing so by crossing a line to use profanity or demeaning language. The former is acceptable, the latter is not. An example of the former is that you and I are simply disagreeing.

As far as recruiting, we are off to a great start imo. I don't think I have seen as many 5* and high 4* recruits in the mix at one time this early before. Especially on the OL, it looks like we have several very good linemen interested in Auburn.

Both sides have room to dial it down. Some more than others. Via PM, you know who you are. It's hard to keep emotions in check when both sides constantly take personal swipes (even without cursing).

It's frickin' recruiting not life and death, people.

Both sides have room to dial it down. Some more than others. Via PM, you know who you are. It's hard to keep emotions in check when both sides constantly take personal swipes (even without cursing).

It's frickin' recruiting not life and death, people.

But, but but... :angry: Daaaaaaaaaad!

Archived