2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

Come on guys, make fun of ME if you just have to pick on someone. We can't always see the person on the other end of the intrawebz. I don't say that from a sanctimonial, holier than thou pulpit. I was guilty of the same until someone older and wiser showed me the error of my ways. I know he is behind some days, but my understanding is that there is a medical/mental explanation for this.

Agree. For a website predicated on being a 'family' this bunch is certainly quick to criticize others.

You are crazy!

I waited two days to post that, so as not to be "too quick" to criticize! :big:

You are welcome. ;)

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: Is it possible that we could end up in the scenario of taking too many recruits early on, preventing us from taking some of the higher rated prospects who do not plan on commiting until late in the year? Specifically I mean in the OL and LB posiiton. We still seem to lead or at least be in great position for many more top prospect recruit in those positions. I just want to know if this could be a concern.

Question: Is it possible that we could end up in the scenario of taking too many recruits early on, preventing us from taking some of the higher rated prospects who do not plan on commiting until late in the year? Specifically I mean in the OL and LB posiiton. We still seem to lead or at least be in great position for many more top prospect recruit in those positions. I just want to know if this could be a concern.

IMO no. Guys like Holland and Ivey are takes all the way no matter the circumstances.

IMO no. Guys like Holland and Ivey are takes all the way no matter the circumstances.

I mean more so in a case where we somehow we could take Ivey, Tyler Carr, Darryl Williams, Brandon Kennedy and Javon Patterson on the OL side and Jeffery Holland, Roquan Smith, Richard McBryde, and McMillon on the LB side. Would we not be over our limit? I know this is being very optimistic but we are in very good positions with all of these guys so it is still realistic.

How many scholarships will we have available? I know we can sign up to 28 or 29 this year with early enrollees, but we still have to stay under the 85 total limit. We have 85 on scholly now. How many seniors are on the team? If we graduate or otherwise lose fewer than 25 and a 5* commits on NSD, will we ask one of the other recruits to grayshirt?

I mean more so in a case where we somehow we could take Ivey, Tyler Carr, Darryl Williams, Brandon Kennedy and Javon Patterson on the OL side and Jeffery Holland, Roquan Smith, Richard McBryde, and McMillon on the LB side. Would we not be over our limit? I know this is being very optimistic but we are in very good positions with all of these guys so it is still realistic.

In that case higher rated does not mean higher on the staff's board which is the important thing. Ivey is a take no matter what. We are taking 1 Center. Williams is the front runner there. Kennedy does not have an AU offer. I don't know about Harrell but I know Kim is higher on the staff's board than Carr and Patterson. We may take 6 on thew OL so all the guys you mentioned who have AU offers may have a spot in the class if we miss on Ivey and Richmond. If we get Ivey or Richmond then 1 or 2 of the guys you mentioned will not have a spot but none of them are #1 on the staff's board right now at their position.

At LB you forgot Josh Smith in your names. We are taking 2 to 3 LBs as things stand now. Holland and maybe Ro has a spot no matter what. Between McBryde and Smith it's likely first come first serve...And yes you are being very optimistic. Of those LBs Holland and McBryde are the only ones we are in good shape for right now. We are now likely #3 for Ro behind UGA and UF. We trail Bama and Vandy for Josh Smith. We are not even much of a factor with McMillion right now and I don't even know that he's a take for the AU staff anyway with Darrell Williams committing at that spot yesterday.

How many scholarships will we have available? I know we can sign up to 28 or 29 this year with early enrollees, but we still have to stay under the 85 total limit. We have 85 on scholly now. How many seniors are on the team? If we graduate or otherwise lose fewer than 25 and a 5* commits on NSD, will we ask one of the other recruits to grayshirt?

You should check Mikey's post history. He posts most of this info and numbers on a weekly to biweekly basis. Staying under the 85 always works itself out. We will actually have 84 not 85 when the new kids come in May, June, and August. There are 19 schollied seniors right now. from now to next August chances are good we have 10 natural attritions that will make room under the 85 should we sign 29 in the 2015 class.

In that case higher rated does not mean higher on the staff's board which is the important thing. Ivey is a take no matter what. We are taking 1 Center. Williams is the front runner there. Kennedy does not have an AU offer. I don't know about Harrell but I know Kim is higher on the staff's board than Carr and Patterson. We may take 6 on thew OL so all the guys you mentioned who have AU offers may have a spot in the class if we miss on Ivey and Richmond. If we get Ivey or Richmond then 1 or 2 of the guys you mentioned will not have a spot but none of them are #1 on the staff's board right now at their position.

At LB you forgot Josh Smith in your names. We are taking 2 to 3 LBs as things stand now. Holland and maybe Ro has a spot no matter what. Between McBryde and Smith it's likely first come first serve...And yes you are being very optimistic. Of those LBs Holland and McBryde are the only ones we are in good shape for right now. We are now likely #3 for Ro behind UGA and UF. We trail Bama and Vandy for Josh Smith. We are not even much of a factor with McMillion right now and I don't even know that he's a take for the AU staff anyway with Darrell Williams committing at that spot yesterday.

I didn't mean to say higher rated but yes, higher on the coaches board. There are always more prospects on our list than we can actually take do to the uncertainity of who a prospect may sign with when it's all said and done so of course we take them first come first serve...but what happens when those who were higher on priority list decide to commit very late? My thing is, it's only May, there is still a lot of time until NSD which leaves a lot of time for change. I really think we will have such an outstanding season that it is going to shoot us to the top of the list of a good few of our high priority prospects. I know Missouri shot itself in the foot last year by taking too many prospects too soon, just wondering if it's possible for us to do the same.

but what happens when those who were higher on priority list decide to commit very late? My thing is, it's only May, there is still a lot of time until NSD which leaves a lot of time for change. I really think we will have such an outstanding season that it is going to shoot us to the top of the list of a good few of our high priority prospects. I know Missouri shot itself in the foot last year by taking too many prospects too soon, just wondering if it's possible for us to do the same.

It's possible just as anything technically is but very, very, very unlikely. The elite kids in our staff's eyes will have a spot no matter when they commit. I have basically said that twice already. Mizzou is not AU. We draw from a better talent pool than them. For example. our quality through the first 13 commits in the class is 3.7 star rating. Mizzou's last year before the season started was 2.9. And I am not buying the they took too many early stuff. They took 6 kids on the last week and a half before NSD.

An outstanding season will not dramatically shoot us up the board with kids in this class, especially since it's now expected by most nationally after having an outstanding season last year. Having an outstanding year this year will have a much bigger effect on 2016 and 2017 kids. What will determine this year's class is the relationships our staff has built with those kids.

but what happens when those who were higher on priority list decide to commit very late? My thing is, it's only May, there is still a lot of time until NSD which leaves a lot of time for change. I really think we will have such an outstanding season that it is going to shoot us to the top of the list of a good few of our high priority prospects. I know Missouri shot itself in the foot last year by taking too many prospects too soon, just wondering if it's possible for us to do the same.

It's possible just as anything technically is but very, very, very unlikely. The elite kids in our staff's eyes will have a spot no matter when they commit. I have basically said that twice already. Mizzou is not AU. We draw from a better talent pool than them. For example. our quality through the first 13 commits in the class is 3.7 star rating. Mizzou's last year before the season started was 2.9. And I am not buying the they took too many early stuff. They took 6 kids on the last week and a half before NSD.

An outstanding season will not dramatically shoot us up the board with kids in this class, especially since it's now expected by most nationally after having an outstanding season last year. Having an outstanding year this year will have a much bigger effect on 2016 and 2017 kids. What will determine this year's class is the relationships our staff has built with those kids.

Just a comment. We are not settling for lower ranked commits now. We have 13 commits, and 9 of these are 4 star recruits. We also feel some of the 3 stars will become 4 stars before all is said and done and a couple of 4 stars could easier become 5 stars (Kerryon is one that comes to mind). The bottom line is we are experiencing some great success on the recuiting front right now. We have an exciting team that kids want to play for!

Just a comment. We are not settling for lower ranked commits now. We have 13 commits, and 9 of these are 4 star recruits. We also feel some of the 3 stars will become 4 stars before all is said and done and a couple of 4 stars could easier become 5 stars (Kerryon is one that comes to mind). The bottom line is we are experiencing some great success on the recuiting front right now. We have an exciting team that kids want to play for!

I do not believe for a moment that we are getting lower ranked commits; it's only because of incredible success that I am asking this question. We are pulling recruits in so fast that it is scary. I was mainly looking at the needs count that we had on the recruiting board that we have on this site and saw that we could very well exceed those numbers (specifically in the LB and OL depoartment).

I do not believe for a moment that we are getting lower ranked commits; it's only because of incredible success that I am asking this question. We are pulling recruits in so fast that it is scary. I was mainly looking at the needs count that we had on the recruiting board that we have on this site and saw that we could very well exceed those numbers (specifically in the LB and OL depoartment).

"We're recruiting so well, it's scary. No, seriously, y'all. It's kinda scary." I hear ya. I love it. WDE

There's room. The staff expects to sign 24 as things stand now. They could sign up to 29 if they want.

Then there's this: As ugly as it sounds, a verbal commitment from a player and an offer from a school are both non-binding. Every year several kids around the southeast that had offers and committed are told "sorry" at the last minute. It may not be the "Auburn Way" but there's no such thing as getting hemmed up without a spot if Mr. Superman wants to sign with AU late. There are ways to make room.

The short answer is, no, it's not a concern.

The short answer is, no, it's not a concern.

LB and OL are the two spots where you take more than planned if you can get really good ones IMHO.

Hey Dixie,

You wanted to say DL and OL but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you knew Mikey was watching.

Didn't you?

Are you scared of Mikey?

You scared.

Hey Dixie,

You wanted to say DL and OL but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you knew Mikey was watching.

Didn't you?

Are you scared of Mikey?

You scared.

He's not scared, per-se. It's just that I control the bourbon whiskey flow into East Alabama and he doesn't want to cross me.

Hey Dixie,

Didn't you?

Are you scared of Mikey?

You scared.

He's not scared, per-se. It's just that I control the bourbon whiskey flow into East Alabama and he doesn't want to cross me.

I wouldn't think a BOB like Dixie would be scared of anything or anyone but, you kinda hit him right where he lives.

Wow! Sure great to see Auburn in the mix for so many great players. My "wish list" always starts at defensive tackle and, every time that Auburn has great DT's the team has done well. I hope we land some of those big fish. As for Jovon Robinson, I don't believe we would be recruiting him if we had a deal with the NCAA. I hope he comes back. He has great size and talent. Sure don't want to see him elsewhere, even languishing on the bama bench (which is what will happen if he goes there).

Wow! Sure great to see Auburn in the mix for so many great players. My "wish list" always starts at defensive tackle and, every time that Auburn has great DT's the team has done well. I hope we land some of those big fish. As for Jovon Robinson, I don't believe we would be recruiting him if we had a deal with the NCAA. I hope he comes back. He has great size and talent. Sure don't want to see him elsewhere, even languishing on the bama bench (which is what will happen if he goes there).

Well, Mikey might argue we need LB's more so than DT's. I would love to have another MA in this class though. Regarding Jovon, we have been given a green light by the NCAA to recruit him, so we are all over him. On Jovon at Bama, he would play and play a lot at any school including the dark side. He is ready for the NFL now.

Mack and/or Thompson (preferably and) are real needs and i hope we get both. DT is always a tough position to fill. Coach Tuberville said it was the toughest. As to linebackers, the reason they are so important is that we've under recruited the position for years, both in terms of numbers and quality plus some bad luck with injuries, etc.. We have ground to make up there, due in large part to some very publicized swings and misses. We need to double up and catch up at LB.

Would LOVE to grab both Mack and Thompson.. I hope we can sign (2) really good DT's, but I sincerely hope we can sign at least (4) really good DE's.

Being that we are thin in the DE position, I hope to see our c/o2014 DE's step up in the rotation this fall.

Would LOVE to grab both Mack and Thompson.. I hope we can sign (2) really good DT's, but I sincerely hope we can sign at least (4) really good DE's.

Being that we are thin in the DE position, I hope to see our c/o2014 DE's step up in the rotation this fall.

The plan as of now is to sign 2 DEs in this class. We are not as thin as people think at DEs. We will have 9 schollied DEs plus Tech transfer Robison. We will have up to 10 schollied DEs in 2015 as things stand now.

Since I am blocked from making a thread, who all will be coming "BIG CAT WEEKEND LIST"? I just read that, "Bummer about Thompson not coming to Big Cat. Do you know if Holland is planning on coming for BCW?"

Anyone know any defiant attending?

Archived