finally got around to watching AU/UA

CarolinaTiger

hey guys & gals...i just got around to watching the bama game...having read on here & in the papers many accounts.... here are my thoughts.

1) COULD THE ANNOUNCERS HAVE BEEN ANY MORE PRO-BAMA? i don't think so. especially TB...he seemed almost giddy at bama's play in the 1st quarter, and downright heartbroken (crestfallen even!) when bama threw the INT down at the goalline. i can understand hoping for a close game, but hey...that was ridiculous

2) save bama's last drive, our defense totally dominated the game. now, i didn't see the 1st drive of bama's...my wife didn't start teh tape on time :roll: game balls to all the defense.

3) i have not read on here or elsewhere how HUGE the dropped pass by bama's fella was on their 4th down play in the 4th. he catches that (or the QB runs for 1st down) and we could've been looking at a much differnt game.

4) ...stay tuned...i'll be back.

You didn't mention the holding by Bamar that would have probably NEGATED their 4th quarter TD. :au:

And also that Wesley Britt was the leading tackler in the game. Of course that's hard to do since he plays offense. Well maybe it wasn't so hard for him to do, seeing how he held and tackled his defensive man on just about every play.

Interesting how you only see the penalties that UA commit that dont get flagged. Surely you don't think AU plays perfect, penalty free football....

Oh well...you won and you're still whining about the refs. And you guys say we make excuses and whine?

please

You didn't mention the holding by Bamar that would have probably NEGATED their 4th quarter TD.  :au:

126640[/snapback]

yeah...i missed that one...i need to go back & watch that part again. i had heard people talking about it, but didn't look carefully enough to see it.

was it on the TD play or an earlier play in that drive?

Interesting how you only see the penalties that UA commit that dont get flagged. Surely you don't think AU plays perfect, penalty free football....

Oh well...you won and you're still whining about the refs. And you guys say we make excuses and whine?

please

126666[/snapback]

My orange and blue glasses filter out any and every thing that AU did wrong. Wouldn't have it any other way. In my view, AU played a penalty free game. Those damned refs were the only reason UA was in the game. ;););)

please

126666[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Have you considered counseling?

please

126666[/snapback]

And you guys are still whining about the NCAA...so what's your point? Actually, BG, the NCAA and the refs should be two things that we can both agree on...yes? :big:

its also interesting how consistent BS is in his defense of all-things-UAT here on an aubie board. yet that's another story for another time.

completing my thoughts on the game...

4) i like ronnie brown. i'll not commit the unpardonable here, but i'll just leave it at saying that i'm very comfortable w/ him in the game.

5) mike shula does not convey a feeling of confidence when you see him on the sidelines. he's gotta get some film of himself and watch it in order to help rid himself of that 'deer-in-the-headlights' look he has. he also looks like he's tad too whiny to be as unsuccessful as he's been throughout his career. finally, he seems to be hoping for an outcome rather than planning for one. but hey...i hear his wife is goodlooking...

6) i gotta say there has been less enjoyment of this victory over bama for me than any other than i can remember. and i'm one of those "i'd take 1-10 as long as it's bama" kind of guys. i grew up during the 70s...still vividly remember the streak... i love beating alabama...yet this year, it has brought less satisfaction than in other years. i think that this stems from our record, and the expectation some had of a pending blowout. i mean, we only beat them by 8 at their place, after all. not meeting someone else's expectations has ended up taking off some of the luster for me! boo!!!!

it could be that beating alabama has finally become 'old hat'.... :big:

5) mike shula does not convey a feeling of confidence when you see him on the sidelines.  he's gotta get some film of himself and watch it in order to help rid himself of that 'deer-in-the-headlights' look he has.  he also looks like he's tad too whiny to be as unsuccessful as he's been throughout his career.  finally, he seems to be hoping for an outcome rather than planning for one.  but hey...i hear his wife is goodlooking...

Not fair!!!! He's way too %*#^%$ busy to be worried about your **^&% opinion of his *^(#&(&$ confidence...so you can take your #@!@%$^& deer in the headlights *%&$ back to where you &*%((%# came from!!!!

Sorry...I just had to.... :big::big::big::au::au::au:

Not fair!!!! He's way too %*#^%$ busy to be worried about your **^&% opinion of his *^(#&(&$ confidence...so you can take your #@!@%$^& deer in the headlights *%&$ back to where you &*%((%# came from!!!!

Sorry...I just had to....  :big:   :big:   :big::au:   :au:   :au:

126787[/snapback]

duly noted!!!

please

126666[/snapback]

I think he is saying, in spite of the obvious holds by your "All-World" lineman, we still plastered your @$$! By the way, how is that #1 defense thing working for you guys this week? :roflol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

please

126666[/snapback]

Whining is for losers. The fact is, Wesley Britt isn't as great as everyone thinks he is. His little brother was a cheap shot artist in football and basketball (Iwitnessed the latter with my own eyes) and Wesley holds every play, he was quoted last year as saying that was how he was coached.

He won't excel at the next level. Chris Samuel runs circles around this guy...

I agree. When he gets to the next level, they will either coach it out of him or he will return home and deliver papers for the bamaham news. :big:

Hey CT. Did you pick up on the most pivotal point in the game.

At halftime, CTT changed from his blue pullover to an orange one.

Guess us fans aren't the only ones who are "cautious".

please

126666[/snapback]

Whining is for losers. The fact is, Wesley Britt isn't as great as everyone thinks he is. His little brother was a cheap shot artist in football and basketball (Iwitnessed the latter with my own eyes) and Wesley holds every play, he was quoted last year as saying that was how he was coached.

127179[/snapback]

Either way he's a sure fire 2nd rounder and maybe a 1st rounder. So he must do something right.

Very good tackler. Could play D-line. :D

Glad to see him move on. I mean, if the refs aren't gonna' call it, why have the rule? B):poke:

Guest Tigrinum Major

please

126666[/snapback]

127179[/snapback]

Either way he's a sure fire 2nd rounder and maybe a 1st rounder. So he must do something right.

127233[/snapback]

Touche'. And he will be making more money than all of us put together...

Oh, well, wanna make a friendly wager he is chosen after Caddy, Ronnie, McNeil if he goes pro, and just to give you a sportin' chance, JC? Throwing you one of those can't miss bets here, BG...

Something else about the game, not sure if anyone noticed...the Best Marching Band in America (a.k.a. the AUMB) learned the "Hard Fighting Soldier" locker room song and played it near the end of the game! The cameras even picked up some of the players singing along!! To me, that's just another reason why it's great to be an Auburn Tiger!! :D:cheer:

Yes, I noticed that too. I was at the game and heard them start playing "Hard Fighting Soldier", and then looked toward our bench to see if the players could hear it. They started to notice it one by one, and then they started singing along. It was awesome. Way to go AUMB! We are proud of you too!

WDE! :au:

Archived