2014 5* OT Damian Prince (Maryland signee)

Elephant Tipper

"One of the busiest Auburn assistants on Thursday will be offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, who is expected to visit recruits around the country on his first day back on the trail. Lashlee's first stop came in Baltimore where he reportedly visited with 5-star offensive tackle Damian Prince. The massive lineman, who is also considering, Florida, Florida State and South Carolina among others, is not currently scheduled to take an official visit to Auburn and the Tigers landing one of his final weekend visit spots would be considered a major upset victory for Auburn."

http://www.al.com/sp...f_meet_wit.html

4_913933.jpg

Damian Prince, OT

District Heights, MD (Bishop McNamara

Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 295 | 40: 5.00

Offers: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Buffalo, California, Clemson, East Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Maryland, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Washington and West Virginia, among others.

Composite & 247: 5*, #2 OT, #26 overall: 4*, #3 OT, #40 overall

Rivals: 5*, #2 OT, #10 overall

ESPN 4*, #3 OT, #26 overall

Scout: 4*, #5 OT, #59 overall

He has quick feet for 6-5, 300-pounder and sinks well into his base to handle pass rushers. He is physical and moves well. He keeps his pad level low and gets up under defenders. He is able to square up and lock on a player to drive block, and he keeps a solid base that enables him to remain balanced. -- Brian Dohn

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6046239

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like to land 3 big time o linemen. You can't have to many

We don't have room for three more. Two more is pushing it.

He looks very good in the highlight film I was very impressed by how quick he got to people as big as he is. He then pancaked them which was less impressive because most of the people against him were much smaller not saying he couldn't do it against bigger guys but I didn't see any. To be a 5* he must have shown out in the camps I am assuming in the camps he played against other elite players closer to his size and did well. Can anybody in the know confirm if I am correct in my assumption about the camps.

Is this guy in the mix? Would be nice to pull another great player out of Maryland. I like Auburn being able to attract kids from that region. Not to much of an in-state program I guess. If they are flying up to see them there must be a chance.

Is this guy in the mix? Would be nice to pull another great player out of Maryland. I like Auburn being able to attract kids from that region. Not to much of an in-state program I guess. If they are flying up to see them there must be a chance.

Won't know til he decides to visit or not. If he does not OV then no. If he does then maybe.

According to @JHokanson on twitter, we are in the mix.

"@JHokanson: #Auburn in contention for 5-Star OT Damian Prince http://t.co/VLQ86nwmPd @Rivals"

Obviously this is premium content, but the tweet is free to see. I don't have a Rivals account, but I did see that tweet this morning on BleacherReport

Id like to land 3 big time o linemen. You can't have to many

We don't have room for three more. Two more is pushing it.

The problem is...we don't get all that we go after so I guess it's necessary to go through the process with most of the top guys that show interest ...until you have the number of reliable commits you need. JMO but no harm in doing the interviews, finding out how we are perceived, etc. and establishing relationships with the schools and coaches. Glad to see us talking with best kids in the nation....and not just fighting it out with UGa, Bama and LSU for the kids in our region for the kids that grew up dreaming to play for.....(fill in the blank).

"@JHokanson: #Auburn in contention for 5-Star OT Damian Prince http://t.co/VLQ86nwmPd @Rivals"

Obviously this is premium content, but the tweet is free to see. I don't have a Rivals account, but I did see that tweet this morning on BleacherReport

Justin overstated things in his tweet. If we get an OV then we will be in the mix. If not, we won't. Simple as that. If I had to bet right now my money is on LSU getting his last OV.

With all that said though Auburn is pulling out all the stops trying to get him down here.

When will we know something about his OVs? Signing Day's right around the corner.

When he decides when and if he will take the last OV. He can OV after NSD. You don't have to sign on NSD.

When will we know something about his OVs? Signing Day's right around the corner.

When he decides when and if he will take the last OV. He can OV after NSD. You don't have to sign on NSD.

Has Alex Kozan committed yet? :bow: :nopityA:

Random question on OV's. Has a kid ever exceed the number you can take and if so who, if anyone may get in trouble (the kid or the school who was visit number 6? I've never heard of this happening but thought I would ask and by know means do I mean to get of the topic of D. Prince. If we could somehow manage to get both Prince and Smith (doubtful) and then look at putting 75% of our eggs in the Hyatt basket next year.

Random question on OV's. Has a kid ever exceed the number you can take and if so who, if anyone may get in trouble (the kid or the school who was visit number 6? I've never heard of this happening but thought I would ask and by know means do I mean to get of the topic of D. Prince. If we could somehow manage to get both Prince and Smith (doubtful) and then look at putting 75% of our eggs in the Hyatt basket next year.

Never heard of anyone taking a 6th but if they did then the my guess is the kids family would have to reemburse that school thus making it an unofficial visit.

Never heard of anyone taking a 6th but if they did then the my guess is the kids family would have to reemburse that school thus making it an unofficial visit.

Sounds like the most logical thing to me.

Sounds about right but figured and waste a little dead time. Not sure I would want a kid he can't keep up with 5 visits and try and take an extra one.

Yeah, Pops, but he's lost in the depth charts.

I wouldn't say lost on the depth charts. He played a lot this past season and is expected to play a lot in 2014.

Justin overstated things in his tweet. If we get an OV then we will be in the mix. If not, we won't. Simple as that. If I had to bet right now my money is on LSU getting his last OV.

With all that said though Auburn is pulling out all the stops trying to get him down here.

...so you're saying there's a chance! ;D

I wouldn't say lost on the depth charts. He played a lot this past season and is expected to play a lot in 2014.

I think you need to turn your humorizer on, Tigermike!

...so you're saying there's a chance! ;D

"...Yeah!!!! I read ya."

I think you need to turn your humorizer on, Tigermike!

It's too damn cold to turn it on.

E - I saw where you stated in another thread that Damien Prince would a mid-week visit if he visited. Does that mean that LSU or Penn State got his last official on the 1/31?

E - I saw where you stated in another thread that Damien Prince would a mid-week visit if he visited. Does that mean that LSU or Penn State got his last official on the 1/31?

No. He has taken 3 OVs. He has 2 left. One is to Florida on the 31st. Auburn, Penn St, and LSU are battling for the last one.

Archived