a no-win situation vs. UT?

CarolinaTiger

either we blow them out, and the talk is, "we should have...have you seen the way they played the last 2 games...3rd string QB...etc."

we barely beat them, and we struggled vs. a hurting opponent...

we lose.

thoughts?

Unless we make it to the Orange Bowl, that's how it will be for the remainder of the season.

Obviously, Tennessee is a worthy opponent, clearly capable of beating Auburn but on paper, many will expect a big win by Auburn. Hopefully the Auburn players will be focused on Tennessee and just winning the game.

If we win but only move onto the Sugar Bowl, will our team have a letdown because they feel they should be in the Orange Bowl? This happened to K-State a few years ago, when they thought they should have been in a BCS Bowl and were sent to the Alamo Bowl, where North Western tooled on them. Coach Snyder later stated that his team's heart wasn't there for the lesser bowl. What if we get stuck with a 4 or 5 loss team from the Big East? :(

Just win the :sec: baby!!!!

The projection is the winner of the Miami vs. Virginia Tech game goes to the Sugar. Both are playing good football now and would be a formidable foe. I would prefer Miami, simply for any possible South Florida recruiting benefits a win could generate.

If AUBURN were to get the shaft to the Orange Bowl, I would hope that the team and coaches would look at it as a motivator.

They will be ready to play. There's an outside shot at a split national title on the line v/s Miami or V.Tech. I think a win over either would be worthy.

But first we must beat UT!

Guest Tigrinum Major
If we win but only move onto the Sugar Bowl, will our team have a letdown because they feel they should be in the Orange Bowl? This happened to K-State a few years ago, when they thought they should have been in a BCS Bowl and were sent to the Alamo Bowl, where North Western tooled on them. Coach Snyder later stated that his team's heart wasn't there for the lesser bowl. What if we get stuck with a 4 or 5 loss team from the Big East?  :(

127042[/snapback]

I don't think that will happen with this group. I am not "on the inside" or anything, but the way they appear on TV and in quotes in newspapers, this is a good group of young men that will stay focused.

Bill Synder is a dictator of a coach who, IMO, doesn't know what it takes to motivate beyond fear and working the snot out of a football team...

Archived