***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

22 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I just read somewhere that Mond threatened A&M with his commitment if they bring in Stidham. I will see if I can find it again but that would be huge. If Stidham chooses A&M, we get Mond and if he chooses us well then we get him..

That is contrary to Mond's Nov 16 statement to "Campus Insiders" that he would not shy away from competing against Stidham at aTm.

27 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At the same time, I bet everyone in Texas is trying to sell him on being the man who brings A&M back to the elite status they once had (prior to 1940).

I agree with you. Just that I think Stidham is taking account in that we have more players and playmakers in place compared to Texas A&M. I imagine he is seeing a real chance for him to shine brighter with us than it is with them. 

One of the posters on SEC RANT AU passed along info that said that Stidham wants to go to A&M, but A&M saying no b/c of Mond. Any idea if this is true?

could just be insiders saying stuff to make A&M look good. Though if he does want A&M, this signing will drag on as long as possible IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

The same message that was sent when they went after John last year. You've got to earn the job.  Sean did, and he'll do his best to do it again next year if we land Stidham.  I'm sure Woody will too.

Last year when we signed JF3 a lot of the posters said a running QB poor SW he will be second string next year. SW went out and won the job. If Stidham comes here, he looks really good and it would be easy to say he will win the job but don't count SW out. He is a competitor and if he loses the job it will only be because Stidham beat him on the field not because we think it is Stidham's job. 

I hope Stidham plays as well as so many think he can and that SW pushes him to be better every practice and at the end we will have a stud starting QB and a stud backup either way the competition goes. By the way I also hope WB pushes them both also so the coaches have a really tough choice next fall between all 3 studs.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Last year when we signed JF3 a lot of the posters said a running QB poor SW he will be second string next year. SW went out and won the job. If Stidham comes here, he looks really good and it would be easy to say he will win the job but don't count SW out. He is a competitor and if he loses the job it will only be because Stidham beat him on the field not because we think it is Stidham's job. 

I hope Stidham plays as well as so many think he can and that SW pushes him to be better every practice and at the end we will have a stud starting QB and a stud backup either way the competition goes. By the way I also hope WB pushes them both also so the coaches have a really tough choice next fall between all 3.

I basically said everything you just said in another thread, so I definitely agree.  I do think, if Stidham comes in, Sean will have to beat him and not the other way around.  Stidham has shown that he has more tools. Based on his performance at Baylor, as a freshman without playing a full season, he has the skills to be a top 5 QB. Sean has to get the deep ball down and stay healthy.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I hope Stidham plays as well as so many think he can and that SW pushes him to be better every practice and at the end we will have a stud starting QB and a stud backup either way the competition goes. By the way I also hope WB pushes them both also so the coaches have a really tough choice next fall between all 3 studs.

Well the coaches had really tough time picking a guy this year when it wasn't really close so I would hate for them to have to make a tough call 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Franklin was always at a disadvantage of winning the job because of his passing deficiencies. 

That isn't the case with Stidham. If he signs with AU, he will beat out White by a country mile. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I know nothing about recruiting...what is the difference between an unofficial and official visit? 

Unofficial, the cost is all on the player and I believe it limits some of the things the University can do.  Official, the university foots the bill and they can pull out all of the legal stops.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No one is going to transfer. White would have to sit out for a year and Woody hasn't even taken a snap at QB. 

We'll see. I just don't see WB waiting until his senior year to start, assuming we land JS & he doesn't leave early. If he was already tweeting about not playing now...what about 3 years from now? I wouldn't blame him. I wouldn't wanna wait that long.  This is just my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Unofficial, the cost is all on the player and I believe it limits some of the things the University can do.  Official, the university foots the bill and they can pull out all of the legal stops.

Correct^^^ plus, Officials are limited to 5. unofficials are unlimited.

• Like 1

Auburn shouldn't guide their philosophy or strategy based on making a young man happy so that he stays. If WB don't want to wait for his turn, then his has every right to transfer to a school that will provide him with the opportunity to play sooner. Playing is important, but so is growing up and becoming a man. A kid that leaves without understanding how important the "team" concept is, is only hurting himself. I respect him wanting to do what is best for himself, but he's young he probably don't even know what is best for himself. Besides if he leaves we have Gatewood scheduled to come on board to work with Stidham IF he stays his entire time. Barrett is good and he's important, but no one player is more important than what is best for the Auburn football team. JMHO  :dunno:

• Like 2

I just spent 45 minutes splicing several responses to "What message are we sending" post I had made, with some very well articulated and thought provoking answers. Then I $&@#%*% deleted it, son of a $&&%*%^^ poop pie

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I just spent 45 minutes splicing several responses to "What message are we sending" post I had made, with some very well articulated and thought provoking answers. Then I $&@#%*% deleted it, son of a $&&%*%^^ poop pie

Been there done that join the club.

Everything seems to be trending in the right direction for the good guys with Stidham. I believe he really is the missing piece in the offensive puzzle for Auburn. 1 or 2 years of being under Stidham should really help Barrett shape into a very good QB and prepare Gatewood for the future.

Edited by Timeslider 6

5 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

I agree with you. Just that I think Stidham is taking account in that we have more players and playmakers in place compared to Texas A&M. I imagine he is seeing a real chance for him to shine brighter with us than it is with them. 

I think TAMU has as many or more playmakers than AU. Not sure that factor is tipping the scales in our favor.

7 hours ago, brad5628AU said:

One of the posters on SEC RANT AU passed along info that said that Stidham wants to go to A&M, but A&M saying no b/c of Mond. Any idea if this is true?

could just be insiders saying stuff to make A&M look good. Though if he does want A&M, this signing will drag on as long as possible IMO.

Well the info I got is from the TAM website and it says pretty much the same thing. TAM is once again backing off of JS according to them because they want Mond. 

As long as he ends up at AU I don't care The reason why. And once he gets here for good he will love "God's country". 

Edited by gr82b4au