***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

8 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Just one more thing to finish it off with dinner. A few PBRs. His only beer! 

Don't forget about the nightly dose of geritol taken at his 8:00 pm bedtime.  Don't you guys know anything?

4 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Don't forget about the nightly dose of geritol taken at his 8:00 pm bedtime.  Don't you guys know anything?

8:00 is the midnight snack for Golf.

• Like 1

Back to Stidham. I forgot to mention I don't think he plans to do any bowl prep even if he signs next week. His plan has been to commit next week then go on a vacation with his family. That vacation would be during AU's bowl practices so he can't do both.

• Like 1

It seems that Stidham is trending towards Auburn and that would be a game changer for us with the type of talent we have returning.

Edited by TigerWar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Coaches don't talk with recruiting reporters often. It's the people closely connected to the program who talk to them annonymously.

Makes sense, but reporting back during the visit seems premature.

Just me because I'm in sales...it's typically bad karma to report back to camp the big sale is a "matter of time" or "done deal."

And you know if we're getting this feedback, so is the Stidham camp, and so is the Kendal camp, which makes me uneasy.

16 minutes ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

So is now about the time the coaches and Stidham get into their PJ's and have pillow fights?  Break out the Karaoke machine and casette tapes?

Staff left a couple of hours ago.

11 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Makes sense, but reporting back during the visit seems premature.

Just me because I'm in sales...it's typically bad karma to report back to camp the big sale is a "matter of time" or "done deal."

And you know if we're getting this feedback, so is the Stidham camp, and so is the Kendal camp, which makes me uneasy.

I don't know that there is reporting back being done. From the time info actually occurs to getting to sources to getting to reporters to getting to readers often takes hours if not a few days and that's with the good reporters. This very well could have been info sources got last night.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't know that there is reporting back being done. From the time info actually occurs to getting to sources to getting to reporters to getting to readers often takes hours if not a few days and that's with the good reporters. This very well could have been info sources got last night.

So we have no clue what event triggered "matter of time."  Interesting.

57 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Now I understand your profile name .. haha.  Seriously, you are absolutely right about bad karma.  I, too, am in sales and have missed out on a "big order coming!"

That's why I am cautiously opportunistic JS will sign or enroll soon.

Edited by AUBwins
Prevent thread derailment

Just now, AUBwins said:

Now I understand your profile name .. haha.

Nah. It was my very first sports username, dating back to 2000, when the AF2's Tennessee Valley Vipers were the new football team in Huntsville. There were literally about 5 fans on the internet following the AF2 then. Haven't followed them in 10 years, but the name stuck.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Seriously, you are absolutely right about bad karma.  I, too, am in sales and have missed out on a "big order coming!"

Yeah and it sucks big time. I once had a couple of frosty beverages a few hours prior to a close, thinking it was a slam dunk. Wasn't a big sale lost, but it taught me early on to never think it's in the bag.

I've seen too many recruits announced on forums as a "done deal", only to have them slip through AU's fingers.

I will do cartwheels through my house if Stidham signs...and break my neck doing so...but NOT until that signature is done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So any news on how the visit went last night? 

alan evans was in touch with Stidhams parents and said DO NOT sign off on Gus until they have seen him dance. Gus brought his own music because he was not gonna mess up another situation like R evans grandfather birthday party when kirby schooled him doing the mamba. Gus threw on some hungry eyes and BROUGHT DOWN THE WHOLE STIDHAM HOUSE with his dance moves! he has been getting private lessons ever since he lost! BOOOOOM! HE COMING! It sealed the deal last night.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

alan evans was in touch with Stidhams parents and said DO NOT sign off on Gus until they have seen him dance. Gus brought his own music because he was not gonna mess up another situation like R evans grandfather birthday party when kirby schooled him doing the mamba. Gus threw on some hungry eyes and BROUGHT DOWN THE WHOLE STIDHAM HOUSE with his dance moves! he has been getting private lessons ever since! BOOOOOM! HE COMING! It sealed the deal last night.

This is a joke right?

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

alan evans was in touch with Stidhams parents and said DO NOT sign off on Gus until they have seen him dance. Gus brought his own music because he was not gonna mess up another situation like R evans grandfather birthday party when kirby schooled him doing the mamba. Gus threw on some hungry eyes and BROUGHT DOWN THE WHOLE STIDHAM HOUSE with his dance moves! he has been getting private lessons ever since! BOOOOOM! HE COMING! It sealed the deal last night.

Please don't ever mention Alan Evans. Especially when it comes to recruiting. 

So no real news? 

Edited by Auburn2Eugene
  • Like 2

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

^tough crowd

tell me about it. I put a lot of work in to that post. :[ gonna take my ball and go home!!! haha

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

tell me about it. I put a lot of work in to that post. :[ gonna take my ball and go home!!! haha

I enjoyed it. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I enjoyed it. :)

appreciate it fam! Got to pay tribute to ridiculous recruiting battles of yesteryear.

Nothing yet on Stidham?  I hope we get some news soon. Some accurate information regardless of it is good or bad would be much appreciated. The Doc has been shut down today. Been having severe chest pains for 3 days, and the MD says that it is not my heart. He said that I have severe hiatal hernia issues. Maybe tomorrow will bring relief to this old run down MD.

Being a former MD and to have my career shot down with becoming extremely allergic latex did me in. It was a fast and furious fun time when I was able to help folks get over their health issues. I met so many MDs out there that have no business being in the medical profession. Anyhow, it is time to get back on my feet and start back playing golf in 34 degree weather!

Edited by doc4aday

Just now, doc4aday said:

Nothing yet on Stidham?  I hope we get some news soon. Some accurate information regardless of it is good or bad would be much appreciated. The Doc has been shut down today. Been having severe chest pains for 3 days, and the MD says that it is not my heart. He said that I have severe hiatal hernia issues. Maybe tomorrow will bring relief to this old run down MD.

:[ not good. Hope you are on the mend soon! WDE! And the only news out there is Auburn continues to feel good but have to wait out just a little bit longer to see where if anywhere KB ends up at.  Seems like that has been stidhams plan all along.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

:[ not good. Hope you are on the mend soon! WDE! And the only news out there is Auburn continues to feel good but have to wait out just a little bit longer to see where if anywhere KB ends up at.  Seems like that has been stidhams plan all along.

Is there any on field offensive coaches that could be moved to an off field position with the promise to keep his current salary and get back as an on field position as soon as an opening comes about. Make KB an OC in waiting. Give KB a salary comparable to what he was paid this year at Baylor. 

29 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Is there any on field offensive coaches that could be moved to an off field position with the promise to keep his current salary and get back as an on field position as soon as an opening comes about. Make KB an OC in waiting. Give KB a salary comparable to what he was paid this year at Baylor. 

now that I cannot answer. probaly better suited for E and others more plugged in.

I have heard good and bad about KB's coaching skills. I would hate to hire someone who is a flop. I would hope that JS is the QB of the decade or more. If we go to the ends of the world to get JS and KB, I hope that the return on the investment with both guys will pay off handsomely. I think I watch too much HGTV sometimes. Watching the Flip or Flop show gives me ideas about what a good investment can yield.

I know Chip and Joanna and am friends with them. They are the real deal and are some of the best folks I have ever met. I hate the whole Baylor issue for good folks like the Gaines. I know they love Baylor and attend sporting events. This is a real heart break for those folks. Baylor was one of the schools that we really loved for my son. He had a full scholarship to go there that paid for everything for him. His girlfriend of many years, could only get a partial scholarship to Baylor, and her folks just could not afford the cost difference. I offered to pay the difference on her scholarship, but her parents would not take this in that they are hard working proud folks that I care a lot about.

I do hope things will turn out good with landing JS and possibly KB.