***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

Hopefully this # 3 will be as good as previous players with this number.  i.e. Al Del Greco and Kevin Porter. I'm sure there are others that I am missing.

Just now, milehighfan said:

If Stidham is everything he is billed to be, I hope he's not gone after one season.

If he turns out to be what a lot of us think he will......well......let's just enjoy him while we have him. WDE

As far as I'm concerned, JS is a fine prospect who can *compete* for the starting QB position next year at Auburn. Everyone everywhere thought Coker would step in as the new QB at Bama when he arrived. It didn't happen. I'm eager to see what WB can do. But frankly, I think it has got to be between those two guys. I appreciate all that SW has done for Auburn, but he's fragile as granny's china. Let's go with a DT guy with some resilience.

• Like 1

Sorry to bring up bad memories but what exactly does the "whirley bird" look like? I'm sure I saw it because I watched that Clemson debacle but I'm not sure what it was. I do remember screaming obscenities at Gus the whole game, especially on JJ's fourth down dance.

Whatever it is, let's leave it behind in 2016.

Edited by AUwent

30 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Oh. Well Southwestern Baptist Louisiana Women's College calls timeout then

Georgia Southern will work all offseason to beat us. The game changed a lot today. 

7 minutes ago, AURex said:

As far as I'm concerned, JS is a fine prospect who can *compete* for the starting QB position next year at Auburn. Everyone everywhere thought Coker would step in as the new QB at Bama when he arrived. It didn't happen. I'm eager to see what WB can do. But frankly, I think it has got to be between those two guys. I appreciate all that SW has done for Auburn, but he's fragile as granny's china. Let's go with a DT guy with some resilience.

The difference is JS actually played as a true freshman and showcased his talent, unlike Coker who barely saw any time his first three years of collegiate football. Barring injuries, JS honestly should be just fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

Coker was a career backup who competed against a senior.  Stidham's competing against a RS freshman who's never played a down of college ball.  And that's not even taking SW into account.

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

World of difference between Coker and Stidham. Coker backed up Manuel and then lost the battle to Winston, he was a career backup. Stidham has actually seen the field as a starter while a true freshman at Baylor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

Been a good day - Army beats Navy, and now we pick up JS!

War Eagle!

It certainly was a good day! :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Georgia Southern will work all offseason to beat us. The game changed a lot today. 

Ha, would they not have been working all offseason to beat us before? :)

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha, would they not have been working all offseason to beat us before? :)

I was just pointing out that Ga. Southern isn't SBLWT. ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Not a moment too soon.  If the thread had reached 100 pages,,,,well, generally ends in heartache.

The thread passed the old 100 pages threshhold a long time ago. Those threads on AE were 10 posts per page. AUFamily is using 25 posts per page which made 40 pages the new 100. We are on what would be pages 234 now. The curse is broken my friend.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

When is the date to sign? The 12th?

14th but unless it's in a story saying otherwise he may not sign and just start classes in January.