***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

32 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If he does commit to us in the next week, it is going to be a quite an uneasy and very uncomfortable time for SW and JF3 to work with him, knowing that they will have to play the bowl game, but come spring practice, unless a disaster hits, they will simply be playing for the backup to JS.

I can't speak for John, but based on everything I read about Sean, he'll take it in stride. He apparently thrives on competition and certainly wouldn't look at Stidham coming in as an instant demotion to back-up.  In any case, they will be far more focused on getting ready for the game than they will on a QB that can't play until next year.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes but JS would not hurt us every year like he would at LSU. If Coach O takes Briles they will be 10 times higher competition for Stidham than UF ever thought about being.

What @lionheartkc said. But losing Stidham would hurt us no matter who he goes to (especially if we can't get another serviceable QB).

Edited by Linayus

11 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Can you elaborate more on this?

giphy.gif

/s

Edited by Bigbens42
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

giphy.gif

/s

I had a sneaking suspicion that before this thread was done, we would see this meme/gif!  

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Can you elaborate more on this?

He means that the coaches are pretty darn confident as of today that he is going to go to AU. Still not set is stone, but it looks really good. 

Edited by gr82b4au

1 minute ago, wareagleguy said:

I had a sneaking suspicion that before this thread was done, we would see this meme/gif!  

You always hope to see this in the recruiting threads. That is a good thing most of the time. Haha

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

He means that the coaches are pretty darn confident as of today that he is going to go to AU. Still not set is stone, but it looks really good. 

Even before the coaches are done with the 12-hour visit? And they are letting recruiting insiders know WHILE they're meeting with him?

26 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

You always hope to see this in the recruiting threads. That is a good thing most of the time. Haha

Hate to ask, but was that gif posted in the Kouandjio / Yeldon / Foster / Evans threads?

*ducks*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AidiAU said:

As someone who admittedly knows nothing about recruiting, what do they do for 12 hours at an in home visit? Talk about AU, q & a with the families, address concerns...for 12 hours?! But I really am asking do they just talk and eat or go do stuff around the town? 

6 or 7 hours in a few strip joints smoke a few cigars have a few drinks smoke a few joints/maryjane for the old farts and we're done

• Like 4

7 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We have a 4 star QB that is waiting in the wings to become our QB. Is JS that much better than Woody?  Is KB that great of an OC?  Is there any off field coaching position that KB could move to? Just questions folks. I honestly do not know if Art is as bad a villain he is being made out to be. No one except Art and the Good Lord know this and time will tell the story no doubt. I might get hammered on this, but I try to give folks the benefit of doubt if possible. The situation at Baylor is bad no doubt and I hope they get things straightened out soon. The kids on that team deserve to have some stability. I suspect though, that Baylor will fall down to the cracks of hell and will stay there a good while.

I just hope it is not as bad as what happened to SMU. That team has yet to recover from the death penalty. I do believe that schools should be penalized for their infractions no doubt in that if the NCAA goes light on schools, we will have a huge mess that will destroy college football. Is what happened at Baylor something that the NCAA could bring the hammer down? Just asking folks.

NCAA should have squashed penn state for their criminal and immoral conduct. Much worse. Aaahhhh, but joe pa was such a good guy. Sure he was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

6 or 7 hours in a few strip joints smoke a few cigars have a few drinks smoke a few joints/maryjane for the old farts and we're done

It would be an honor to hang out with you sir. :)

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It would be an honor to hang out with you sir. :)

It would be fun...jello at 3, murder she wrote at 4, and follow it up with a warm glass of ovalteen right before bed at 5:30

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It would be fun...jello at 3, murder she wrote at 4, and follow it up with a warm glass of ovalteen right before bed at 5:30

Can't forget Matlock!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Even before the coaches are done with the 12-hour visit? And they are letting recruiting insiders know WHILE they're meeting with him?

Coaches don't talk with recruiting reporters often. It's the people closely connected to the program who talk to them annonymously.

3 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Are you liking what your reading? 0-10 how much?

I can't put a number on it because I'm not happy til he is signed or enrolled at AU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Just one more thing to finish it off with dinner. A few PBRs. His only beer!