***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

3 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Do we still say 'Boom', or is that not cool anymore?

:hellyeah:

Well it already got said so... 

I'm happy as a possum eating a persimmon. 

When is the date to sign? The 12th? I'm tickled pink over his commitment, but I will be cautiously optimistic until he actually signs or takes classes. 

He seems to be a mature kid. Hopefully everything turns out as we all hope it will. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well it already got said so... 

I'm happy as a possum eating a persimmon. 

When is the date to sign? The 12th? I'm tickled pink over his commitment, but I will be cautiously optimistic until he actually signs or takes classes. 

He seems to be a mature kid. Hopefully everything turns out as we all hope it will. 

Wouldn't worry too much about that but I understand being cautious. 

• Like 2

The last missing piece of the puzzle has just been found. May your career at Auburn be a very successful one that yields us a National Championship, and the Heisman Trophy to boot.

Welcome home & a hearty WDC/WDE to you!

One more thing......Will JS be able to enroll early?

Edited by doc4aday
early enroll

This is great news, very exciting. Do y´all think both SW and JF3 will stay at AU for next year? 

On 12/9/2016 at 7:33 PM, augolf1716 said:

6 or 7 hours in a few strip joints smoke a few cigars have a few drinks smoke a few joints/maryjane for the old farts and we're done

Told you it would work...Had a great time

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

This is great news, very exciting. Do y´all think both SW and JF3 will stay at AU for next year? 

Why would Sean leave?  Worse case he's 2nd team. 

I'll tell you! This is about as big of a fish we have caught in a long time at qb. Potentially , has one of the best upsides of any qb we've had not named Cameron! War Eagle! IGTBAAT! 

• Like 1

Yeah.  Sean isn't exactly the type to concede a race. He's going to bust his tail trying to hold onto a job that is currently his. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

John might leave, but he'd be FAR better off staying and finding a new roll that allows him to bring his speed to the NFL. He has 0 chance of going pro as a QB.

• Like 1

Sean is known on the team as "Rambo!"  I would advise Jarrett that he has a worthy competitor for QB1 status.  Whatever happens in that competition we will not be faced with the collapse we had this year when QB1 gets injured.   Whatever happens, as Phillip Marshall says, it will be fun to watch.

• Like 5

Great news! Welcome to the family Jarrett!  My next wish is that he goes ahead and takes only a very short immediate vacation with family and decides to take in these 20 or so practices for the bowl game.

6 minutes ago, Richard78 said:

What about Barrett? Is he content to likely have no starting chance for another year?

imo yes he will but you never know what goes on in a kids mind. No one know for sure whats going to happen next year at QB

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Richard78 said:

What about Barrett? Is he content to likely have no starting chance for another year?

How do we know he doesn't?  maybe he's amazing...

Maybe Gus and Hand could parley this good news to work on Letherwood. NCM, KD, ES and DS better get ready for a heck of a off season work out with SW and JS battling.