2015 4* S Rashad Roundtree (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

Maybe a good questions would be Why is everyone so sure Matthews will stay for that long? Safeties are considered hot commodities in the NFL today and I don't think Matthews will be at AU for the love of the university. So should he get a good draft grade I expect him to be gone. But maybe you guys know something I don't.

There will be crazy good competition at safety next year. None of y'all have even mentioned RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! Word is he may have passed Moncrief to start this year.

I read that about Rudy too. He is a great athlete. I thought he ran the ball well last year when given the opportunity. I thought he passed Moncrief because he was progressing well and Moncrief had been out for a while with a nagging injury. That being siad, I think both Rury and Moncrief are showing good improvement at safety.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a good questions would be Why is everyone so sure Matthews will stay for that long? Safeties are considered hot commodities in the NFL today and I don't think Matthews will be at AU for the love of the university. So should he get a good draft grade I expect him to be gone. But maybe you guys know something I don't.

There will be crazy good competition at safety next year. None of y'all have even mentioned RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! Word is he may have passed Moncrief to start this year.

I read that about Rudy too. He is a great athlete. I thought he ran the ball well last year when given the opportunity. I thought he passed Moncrief because he was progressing well and Moncrief had been out for a while with a nagging injury. That being siad, I think both Rury and Moncrief are showing good improvement at safety.

I have heard same- that Moncrief's injury was a factor in possible depth chart movement. That said, CEJ has gone out of his way to praise Rudy, so I'm sure he's legit. And that's good.

Pure conjecture, but maybe safety is a position where coaches feel they can always go the juco route if they don't land an elite talent out of high school.

I have heard same- that Moncrief's injury was a factor in possible depth chart movement. That said, CEJ has gone out of his way to praise Rudy, so I'm sure he's legit. And that's good.

Pure conjecture, but maybe safety is a position where coaches feel they can always go the juco route if they don't land an elite talent out of high school.

Yeah. Moncrief's injury is a factor. He missed some instilation days. It takes a bit of time to catch up when a player misses a few days to a week of installing new stuff to the O or D.

Yeah. Moncrief's injury is a factor. He missed some instilation days. It takes a bit of time to catch up when a player misses a few days to a week of installing new stuff to the O or D.

Hopefully both Rudy and Moncrief will get playing time. Rudy works so hard I would love to see him in the games and Moncrief is a little bigger than Rudy and I heard he packs a pretty good wallop.

Hopefully both Rudy and Moncrief will get playing time. Rudy works so hard I would love to see him in the games and Moncrief is a little bigger than Rudy and I heard he packs a pretty good wallop.

Both are expected to play a lot.

Hope they are on the field at the same time.

Possibly to spell Whitehead some. Otherwise if they are on the field at the same time that would mean JW would be hurt and we don't need that

Possibly to spell Whitehead some. Otherwise if they are on the field at the same time that would mean JW would be hurt and we don't need that

If either one knows the scheme as much as whitehead I wouldn't be worried at all

If either one knows the scheme as much as whitehead I wouldn't be worried at all

JW is more of a leader and more valuable back there than I think some realize.

Then you can worry, because they don't know the scheme as well as Whitehead. Do you realize how many games and how many years Whitehead has been playing there? Nobody else on our team is even close, and experience counts.

• 2 months later...

This was a guy that I was really hoping to land! Hopefully he'll follow the pattern of former UGA secondary players and transfer to Auburn in the next 2 years.

Archived