2015 4* S Rashad Roundtree (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

Not neccessarily because of listed measurables, but most schools want to lay eyes on you now. With all the years experience on this staff they know what they are looking for as far as body types.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith Neibhur crystal-balled him to UGA over the weekend, so that certainly isn't a good sign.

Seems as though UGA is the School he is leaning to these days.

Auburn doesn't seem to be leading with many of the big-time prospects on our board at the moment. The best thing that we can hope for is for these guys to wait and commit later in the process. Hopefully by then BIg Cat Weekend & Summer Camps will have made a big impression!

Check this out. Saw this on the AJC.

Posted: 11:30 am Friday, April 18th, 2014

Auburn’s Gus Malzahn and UGA assistants bump into 5-star at the Masters

• 0 1 111 205

< Georgia’s top two basketball prospects could both be free agents soon (UPDATED)

By Michael Carvell

While working at the Masters golf tournament last week, 5-star Rashad Roundtree bumped into some celebrities and college football coaches.

Roundtree, who is a rising senior safety at Lakeside-Evans High School, worked as a sales assistant and stock person in the main pro shop at Augusta National for the second year in a row.

rashad_roundtree_4321342314.jpg?w=640

5-star Rashad Roundtree (JDMphotos)

Roundtree, who was easily recognizable by his hair, said he heard “Go Dawgs” from around 30 UGA fans.

Among the celebrities Roundtree saw during the week were Johnny Manziel, Alonzo Mourning and Condoleezza Rice.

On Saturday, Roundtree looked up and saw Auburn head football coach Gus Malzahn.

“I think (Malzahn) gets tickets and is out there every year,” Roundtree said. “I really didn’t get the chance to speak to him, so I just shook his hand and said hey. Other people started recognizing him then, I believe.”

The next day, Roundtree said he bumped into UGA’s coordinators, Jeremy Pruitt and Mike Bobo. “I just told them hello. We didn’t have much time to talk because I was on the clock.”

Give Auburn and UGA credit for finding one of the most creative and unique ways in NCAA history to get exposure to a 5-star prospect.

(How many college coaches reading this are thinking “I sure hope there’s another 5-star working at the Masters next year so I can convince our boosters to get me tickets?”)

Back to Roundtree: Ironically, even though he hasn’t listed any leaders, UGA and Auburn are considered the two frontrunners for his services.

“I was impressed,” Roundtree said. “It’s fun to have everybody come and see you.”

Roundtree won’t be visiting anywhere this weekend because he has his high school prom. He is still deciding on other college visits this spring.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm thinking the longer he waits to commit, the better

Can't hurt. Question still is whether or not we are looking to take another safety this class after BEs decomittment.

Can't hurt. Question still is whether or not we are looking to take another safety this class after BEs decomittment.

There's no question about this guy. We'll take him if he wants to come here. Maybe we're not looking at more run-of-the-mill safety prospects but there's always room for a top guy, at all 22 positions.

There's no question about this guy. We'll take him if he wants to come here. Maybe we're not looking at more run-of-the-mill safety prospects but there's always room for a top guy, at all 22 positions.

Agree 100%

Agree 100%

Yep.

We're done at safety in this class and have cooled quite a bit on recruiting RR.

We're done at safety in this class and have cooled quite a bit on recruiting RR.

If he says he wants to come here, we'll take him.

Uhhhhh...

Uhhhhh...

:popcorn:

We would take him, no doubt. We are looking good at Safety, but you make room if you have to.

Yep! You always have room for a top level prospect, regardless of position. Boards are made so that an eraser can be used on them, and they are that way for a reason.

Plus in this case, it's rather clear that we are willing to take another safety. After all, we had another one before Edwards decommitted. That ain't rocket science, it's simple arithmetic.

We would take him, no doubt. We are looking good at Safety, but you make room if you have to.

Yep! You always have room for a top level prospect, regardless of position. Boards are made so that an eraser can be used on them, and they are that way for a reason.

Plus in this case, it's rather clear that we are willing to take another safety. After all, we had another one before Edwards decommitted. That ain't rocket science, it's simple arithmetic.

I think AU was willing to take another safety before fall camp. But the way the younger guys, Ford - Matthews - Moncreif & Boston - have performed so far I'm not sure AU takes another safety. Matthews will start for AU for three years. He would jump Whitehead, from what I'm told, this year id he could play. And Moncreif is just plain nasty.

My worry about that mind set is that Moncrief will be a senior next year and Matthews a redshirt sophomore. Meaning one will be gone and the second could be gone after next year. I was glad to hear about Roberts and Bosten looking good because its the underclassmen that should be considered when discussing recruiting needs. As far as recruits should be concerned upper classmen don't exist because they will be gone by he time freshmen should be playing.

Maybe a good questions would be Why is everyone so sure Matthews will stay for that long? Safeties are considered hot commodities in the NFL today and I don't think Matthews will be at AU for the love of the university. So should he get a good draft grade I expect him to be gone. But maybe you guys know something I don't.

Maybe a good questions would be Why is everyone so sure Matthews will stay for that long? Safeties are considered hot commodities in the NFL today and I don't think Matthews will be at AU for the love of the university. So should he get a good draft grade I expect him to be gone. But maybe you guys know something I don't.

May be the off year and having to re-establish himself as a commodity that would require a second year of actual playing time. Not sure but could be part of the equation.

I think AU was willing to take another safety before fall camp. But the way the younger guys, Ford - Matthews - Moncreif & Boston - have performed so far I'm not sure AU takes another safety. Matthews will start for AU for three years. He would jump Whitehead, from what I'm told, this year id he could play. And Moncreif is just plain nasty.

Rudy has def been a nice surprise

• 2 weeks later...

There will be crazy good competition at safety next year. None of y'all have even mentioned RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! Word is he may have passed Moncrief to start this year.

Archived