2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

I think McGriff will surprise a few LBs when he lines up in the slot. Kid's got great speed. A ton of those highlights were him running through the middle of the field and pulling away from DBs and safeties. If he can get his blocking down, I think he'll see good PT

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine a guy with this kind of speed, size, and catching ability in the Prosch role? Talk about a weapon! The mind goes wild with the possibilities!

Another piece in the brilliance that is Malzahn. He is finding guys that are versatile and putting them all on the field. When you game plan against us in the future, where do you focus? You can't double team receivers anymore, you can't key on a running only QB but you better account for it, you can't keep a lb zoned in on a particular tailback. But you better play sound disciplined defense or there will be smoke coming from the scoreboard.

It is crazy that some recruiting services have not rated McGriff yet. If 247 has him at 4 stars, all services should at least have him rated. I still love this guys film. He is very physical. With him and Kerryon on the field at the same time, we will be even more physical than we are now.

I saw where he has run multiple 4.3/40's recently. Am going to see if I can find it again, but if true, we just snagged one. Which we did anyway, but apparently AM is just now tapping into his true speed. His Coach said last year he ran a 10.9/100, and that was when he moved to Offense.

If 247 has him at 4 stars, all services should at least have him rated.

Not necessarily. 247 is the first service to get recruits rated most of the time. Per a tweet by Hoke Rivals was late getting his film but will have him rated in May.

I saw where he has run multiple 4.3/40's recently. Am going to see if I can find it again, but if true, we just snagged one. Which we did anyway, but apparently AM is just now tapping into his true speed. His Coach said last year he ran a 10.9/100, and that was when he moved to Offense.

It was from Magilla Guerilla. One of the few Bama posters on another board that AU people respect.

It was Magilla, must have been tRant, he use to post on AE didn't he? He isn't one to post much, so when he has info like that it is usually 100.

It was Magilla, must have been tRant, he use to post on AE didn't he? He isn't one to post much, so when he has info like that it is usually 100.

He used to post a decent amount. He must have gotten tired of us.

Guest jojo1515

This guy might mitigate my OJ Howard envy a bit (even if they only meet on the field one or fewer times).

McGriff is very talented, but I do not see him as a typical TE liek OJ Howard is., Howard is much bigger and taller. I think McGriff is more of an H Back/slot receiver with better speed than Howard and great athleticism.

Yeah, mainly the speed and athleticism that I was thinking about. In fact, I'll just be honest- I want a big kid to line up in the slot and do this:

You should get banned from posting for a week as punishment for posting that! What are you thinking posting a bama td on here????????????

please give this fella a shot at QB, his video is awesome. I believe with the Gus system, he would be a scoring machine, fast, as Marshall.

I do not think QB is the best position for McGriff in college. He is a great athlete but he has a long way to go with throwing mechanics, etc. I think he will be a force at AU, but in another offensive position.

please give this fella a shot at QB, his video is awesome. I believe with the Gus system, he would be a scoring machine, fast, as Marshall.

I do not think QB is the best position for McGriff in college. He is a great athlete but he has a long way to go with throwing mechanics, etc. I think he will be a force at AU, but in another offensive position.

Agree....we have some serious QBs on the hook now and I would hate to see AMc waste a year or two trying to play QB...riding the bench, when he could be contributing somewhere else pretty early in his career at AU. Seems we did this with someone else a few years ago and eventually the guy ended up doing well as a DB ? is that right?

MAYBE he lines up at Wildcat at some point, but that would be it. He is a LB who was found to be very fast and moved to QB as Leon HS was desperate. I wouldn't pigeon hole him into any one position yet. I would imagine that will be decided upon arrival. Based on physical growth and where he is needed/best fit. I am pretty excited to see how Gus is going to use these guys.

As AUE pointed out 2 or more page back his mechanicas arm wise and feet wise are not set up to be a QB in college.

MAYBE he lines up at Wildcat at some point, but that would be it. He is a LB who was found to be very fast and moved to QB as Leon HS was desperate. I wouldn't pigeon hole him into any one position yet. I would imagine that will be decided upon arrival. Based on physical growth and where he is needed/best fit. I am pretty excited to see how Gus is going to use these guys.

With his size and speed I definitely like the sound of him at LB!

With his size and speed I definitely like the sound of him at LB!

So does Mikey.

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Since we seem incapable of signing enough great LB prospects, maybe we can sign 'em as QB's and then move 'em to LB where we are in dire straights for both quality and depth. Does Tyler Queen play LB in his spare time? Whatever works to get some solid LB's on the field in Orange and Blue.

Another advantage to that: If they can call offensive signals as QB's, they can almost certainly play MLB and call defensive signals. That's something we've admittedly been short on lately.

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Since we seem incapable of signing enough great LB prospects, maybe we can sign 'em as QB's and then move 'em to LB where we are in dire straights for both quality and depth. Does Tyler Queen play LB in his spare time? Whatever works to get some solid LB's on the field in Orange and Blue.

Another advantage to that: If they can call offensive signals as QB's, they can almost certainly play MLB and call defensive signals. That's something we've admittedly been short on lately.

Granted this is the age of specialization but not that long ago colleges developed their own linebackers from guys who played Full Back...back in the day when Full Back was an actual position. What we do know is that most high schools put their best athlete at QB whether he knows anything about being a QB or not. That seems to be the situation with AMc who seems to have the size, the speed and toughness.

At some point in a kid's life a coach decides to make him a linebacker....and starts teaching him the position. JMO, but there is plenty of reason for AMc to make the move when he gets to college....at least at AU, the coaches can teach him the right way to play the position.

I learned this weekend that McGriff will be moved to RB and Wildcat this year as a new QB, who supposedly has a cannon arm, is moving over from Marianna to take over the position. My first nephew was the LT last year and has received a scholarship to Alcorn State next year, and now his younger brother is apparently moving over from guard to LT this year (he's only about 6-3 280, so he's got some growing to do to catch his older brother at 6-8.)

I learned this weekend that McGriff will be moved to RB and Wildcat this year as a new QB, who supposedly has a cannon arm, is moving over from Marianna to take over the position. My first nephew was the LT last year and has received a scholarship to Alcorn State next year, and now his younger brother is apparently moving over from guard to LT this year (he's only about 6-3 280, so he's got some growing to do to catch his older brother at 6-8.)

Devil,

Great post. This is good info to have. Cool about your nephews too.

Devil,

Careful now, according to some mods, posting personal source information without being able to provide a link constitutes "rumor" and is subject to deletion.

Devil,

Careful now, according to some mods, posting personal source information without being able to provide a link constitutes "rumor" and is subject to deletion.

LINK????

Devil,

LINK????

Dang, Dixie. I almost posted exactly the same thing (well, maybe with fewer question marks). That's scary.

:blink:

Personally, I don't get why folks feel the need to antagonize the mods. They generally do a great job, and they do it for free. People seem to get their feathers ruffled easily online, and also feel free to say what's on their mind in a way that they wouldn't face to face, I guess. Maybe it's cool to hate on the mods, and some folks will no doubt see me as a brown-noser. But I'm actually genuinely flummoxed by those who feel the need to hate on the mods.

Teasing mods is totally different, of course.

Thanks, AUDevil, for the info!

Archived