2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw his stats in his first game and he had a very good week. I think he caught 4 balls for around 90 yards and he also ran the ball for 60 or so yards.

This kid may be the best athlete we sign this go around. Super excited to see what Gus can do with a player like this.

Considering he is from the Tally area, I am surprised FSU hasn't pushed for him any harder than they have . I agree with the above poster in that he could be a game changing player.

Considering he is from the Tally area, I am surprised FSU hasn't pushed for him any harder than they have . I agree with the above poster in that he could be a game changing player.

They are recruiting him as a RB and already have a 4* commit and lead for Jacques Patrick.

Cokely's at Leon now? He was terrific at cross town north Florida Christian before I think going to Georgia high school ball. A real gentleman, I've reffed his well coached teams many times. I'm sure his classiness will rub off on Leons guys like it did NFCs players.

• 3 weeks later...

Alabama is looking for another running back in this class. They didn't sign one last year and they still don't have one in this year's class (unless they intend on playing Flowers at RB). So it'll be interesting if they try to sell McGriff on the idea of playing RB for them instead of WR for us.

Alabama is looking for another running back in this class. They didn't sign one last year and they still don't have one in this year's class (unless they intend on playing Flowers at RB). So it'll be interesting if they try to sell McGriff on the idea of playing RB for them instead of WR for us.

Or that he's the next Amari.

Great point!

Great point!

They will supposedly get the Bo Scarborough kid in January as well but it is no secret they want one more running back.

Should the AU family be worried about D'Anfernee flipping?

Not IMO, it was a marque matchup that he was invited to attend and he is a FL native. I feel good about his commitment to AU.

Not right now. He is not a take for FSU and likely is not a take for Bama either.

No. Considering the way our passing game is coming along, not to mention the showcase of Jeremy Johnson's arm in the first half vs. Arkansas, I don't think we're going to have too much trouble finding receivers; ergo, even in the off chance that he DOES flip (which is highly unlikely), we'll just move on to the next guy up...and it's quite likely that the next guy up would actually be more highly regarded, just because the stock of playing receiver at Auburn is skyrocketing right now.

Sounds like a lot of teams won't take him. Odd.

Not really. Bama is recruiting him as an RB and is only taking one in this class. I don't think DM is at the top of their list right now. FSU is recruiting him as a RB also. They are taking 2 and have theirs lined up with Jaques Patrick and the other kid committed to them.

I would be very disappointed if he flipped. He has been one of my favorite recruits this class.

Finally I can agree with somebody on something today. :laugh:

It's funny that RB is being mentioned because I have been thinking about that but never posted on it. I had been thinking that even though we are loaded at RB, with his size, speed and the way he has been playing at RB this year, we should consider him at RB. Sounds like some others have had the same thoughts.

It's funny that RB is being mentioned because I have been thinking about that but never posted on it. I had been thinking that even though we are loaded at RB, with his size, speed and the way he has been playing at RB this year, we should consider him at RB. Sounds like some others have had the same thoughts.

He's also been very good at WR this year before he had to move back to QB when his team's QB got hurt early this season. With us already being loaded at RB and Duke and possibly Sammy going pro after this year it's more likely we'll need him as a mismatch nightmare at WR.

I know UAT are pushing pretty hard to get D'Afernee McGriff and Darrell Williams to flip. UAT has been telling McGriff that he could their next big running back,

Archived