2016 5* OLB Lyndell (Mack) Wilson

RunInRed

Wait, they don't read stuff like recruiting boards remember?

I'm sure a bammer graciously pointed out the article. Good ole Bryan Matthews. He better have plenty of evidence to back this up.

For those of us who don't know, what did Matthews do?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Matthews broke the news on his twitter account that we are no longer recruiting wilson because our coaches did not think he was a fit for our defense. Or maybe the truth is our coaches realized he is a lock for bammer and decided not to waste time continuing to recruit him.

@Iam__MW3: How a college expect a ball player to show interest when they doesn't show any interest

Like him choosing to go to LSU instead of Big Cat

Good! Way to go Gus! I'm glad that we are taking out the trash early this year. Let's not play their games. I'm sure the headlines will still say that he chose the turds over us(even though we told him to take a hike).

Why do we have beat writers that are incompetent? If he's a lock to Alabama, then just say so. To say that he doesn't fit our defense is completely stupid and he looks ridiculous for reporting it. Mack Wilson was the #1 player on our coaches board at the beginning of this recruiting cycle. He just won LB MVP at the Rival's 5 star challenge. This kid could fit in any defense.

Why do we have beat writers that are incompetent? If he's a lock to Alabama, then just say so. To say that he doesn't fit our defense is completely stupid and he looks ridiculous for reporting it. Mack Wilson was the #1 player on our coaches board at the beginning of this recruiting cycle. He just won LB MVP at the Rival's 5 star challenge. This kid could fit in any defense.

Agree.

I don't know if it's been verified with the coaches, but Allie confirmed accuracy via Twitter. It was from a premium War Room update that was screenshotted and sent to Mack. If that's all that he needed to blow AU off, then it was never going to happen anyways. It's so obvious that he and Davis have already decided on Bama it's not even funny. My only worry is them pulling Marlon into it. I've seen plenty of recent 5* LBs that AU wanted pick Bama, still not phased!

Unlike Ruben Foster, Wilson is the real deal. I hate that he is choosing to play for the dark side, but one player does not make a team.

Marlon is an absolute beast! He looks like Ndamong Suh protege.

Auburn will be just fine. I am sure Lance Thompson had lots of inside scoop on the methods of UAT and the ins at each school.

It;s not ridiculous if reports of Mack having a cavalier attitude in feeling he has already arrived as a ball player & feels hard work is not needed is true. Boom does not put up with that, especially at a position he coaches personally.. If the report is true then Mack would be a very bad fit, for Boom specifically.

I think after yesterdays drama it is safe to move this to the rivals forum so it will be done.

Kid's attitude was not good anyway. I can tell you that much from personal experience around him

And I'm told that Wilson lied to Lance Thompson. Not sure what he lied about.

This may not be right but what I saw was it was his interest in AU. He BSed Lance. Lance caught it & cut him. That's the story anyway.

This may not be right but what I saw was it was his interest in AU. He BSed Lance. Lance caught it & cut him. That's the story anyway.

I really like that our staff isn't putting up with the BS no matter how big the recruit is.

That seems right.

Glad to hear that our Staff is cutting through the BS and moving on when needed. Hopefully word will get around to other recruits to be honest and open with the staff. Because you don't want to burn bridges as you may need that contact later, if you happen to need to switch schools etc...Not every school is right for each recruit especially at that age some don't know what they really want in a school as they are not that interested in academics, etc...

I would just be shocked if he made it through his career at bama without some legal troubles. Serious character issues

Archived