Dorial Green-Beckham Suspended

PCBAuburnaFan

Here is to hoping he goes to JUCO straightens out and then transfers to Auburn.

Great talent and I like our track record with former SEC JUCO players.

remember the rules we have here. no link, NO POST...

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/24518148/missouri-wr-dorial-green-beckham-suspended-indefinitely

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way he goes to JUCO. Pinkel said they are working with him through the process, so unless he totally screws up he'll play for Mizzou this fall. Plus he'll be NFL draft eligible after this year, so if he does get kicked off the team, he'll likely go to an FCS school for one year then to the NFL.

Well, in that case - looks like a great catch for someone and AU seems to keep 'em straight under the new staff.

Doesn't look good. Being reported he is being investigated for assaulting a woman Sunday morning outside his apartment. Then he got in a dodge charger and drove off. You know pinkel and saban are friends. Seems both programs like dodge chargers

the story I heard on the radio, jox roundtable from 4/8/14 was that he was being investigated for felony drug charges.. possible third offense

Dudes a straight up thug - and yes, this is his 3rd or 4th strike. He can't stay off the weed and now possible domestic violence?

And his momma didn't want him going to Arkansas because he was offered beer on his recruiting visit? WTF?

What a mess. It sounds like jail might be the best thing that could happen to him. It is sad that no one is denying any part of this, not DGB, not his girlfriend, or any of the victims. Yet, no charges will be filed and DGB will almost certainly be reinstated with only a minimal slap on the wrist. So much for Pinckel being a strong disciplinarian.

Oh, but football is all he has, and without it he "wouldn't have nothing".

Yeah, and it sounds like he doesn't give a crap about that either.

Just disgusting.

LOL hey we recruited him and wanted him to sign with Auburn

Yeah, pre-multiple arrests. Surely you can see the difference between then and now?

And this is not a "second chance" deal. It is more along the lines of a Dyer-type situation.

Unfortunate for missou, i figured they would struggle next year and this certainly won't help. Always a shame when a great talent is wasted. Hopefully Green brightens up a bit.

Yeah, pre-multiple arrests. Surely you can see the difference between then and now?

And this is not a "second chance" deal. It is more along the lines of a Dyer-type situation.

I was more commenting on the fact that the guy obviously has character issues as well as lacking something in the common sense department and we still wanted him on the roster. It's not like the dude all of a sudden became an idiot, drug dealer, and woman beater when he got to Mizzou. :dunno: Surely after checking into this guy some red flags would come up about his personality, etc.

I was more commenting on the fact that the guy obviously has character issues as well as lacking something in the common sense department and we still wanted him on the roster. It's not like the dude all of a sudden became an idiot, drug dealer, and woman beater when he got to Mizzou. :dunno:/> Surely after checking into this guy some red flags would come up about his personality, etc.

I guess you're right on that point.

I imagine that more kids with those type red flags are signed than we all realize or would like to admit. It really is a gamble, and you're not going to win them all with an 80 plus roster.

I was more commenting on the fact that the guy obviously has character issues as well as lacking something in the common sense department and we still wanted him on the roster. It's not like the dude all of a sudden became an idiot, drug dealer, and woman beater when he got to Mizzou. :dunno:/> Surely after checking into this guy some red flags would come up about his personality, etc.

I guess you're right on that point.

I imagine that more kids with those type red flags are signed than we all realize or would like to admit. It really is a gamble, and you're not going to win them all with an 80 plus roster.

DGB was the #1 recruit in the nation as a WR. Everybody recruited him. It's very possible that his flaws exposed themselves in the process, though, and that's part of why he ended up at Mizzou and not elsewhere. Sometimes we know who backed off a recruitment first, and sometimes we don't.

Oh, and if an Auburn player did what is being reported that DGB did, then I would want him gone, regardless of how talented he is or whether or not he already had strikes against him.

Archived