2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

I think differently. I think committing then decommitting then committing and then decommitting is pretty bad. So if that does happen, he will be dead to me. I won't wish him success and I wont wish for anything that is negative upon him. And I can't sympathize with him for not being able to make a decision because you can enjoy the recruiting game without committing or decommitting 2 or three times. Stove may decommit (hopefully he won't) but he hasn't created such a circus with his recruitment even though he has been open with taking visits. Likewise, because he was professional about his recruitment, I'd definitely wish him well if he did decommit.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's just having fun and trying to build drama

FTR #DawgsOnTop is a tag a # of UGA recruits use apparently.

Does it mean that the dogs are on top for the ones that use it? Or is it supposed to be some silly rallying cry, like "Spurs up!" Lol

It doesn't really bother me at this point. This class is looking awesome on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball; he either wants to be a part of it or he doesn't. Wasn't he recruiting for us recently though, or am I thinking of another d-line recruit?

Does it mean that the dogs are on top for the ones that use it? Or is it supposed to be some silly rallying cry, like "Spurs up!" Lol

Or like War Eagle?

It doesn't really bother me at this point. This class is looking awesome on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball; he either wants to be a part of it or he doesn't. Wasn't he recruiting for us recently though, or am I thinking of another d-line recruit?

He posted that he was looking forward to playing with another recruit at Auburn or something like that.

Or like War Eagle?

I would say our equivalent is "Booooom!" unless "Spurs up!" is their battle cry.

And Gotch ya

A team's recruiting slogan.

Or like War Eagle?

I would say our equivalent is "Booooom!" unless "Spurs up!" is their battle cry

You're right. I was a bit over the top there. But #DawgsOnTop is a thing that UGA recruits tweet and not a message from Marshall that UGA is his leader.

And, in my own defense, Auburn recruits tweet #WDE in much the same way. It's been said by many a kid who was headed here for a visit but who never committed to us.

I would hate to be an 18 year old having grown men (coaches) whom I respect telling me that it's okay to commit and decommit again and again.

Yes, some players succumb to those pressures more than others, and yes, it sometimes appears that players are creating a "circus" for their own benefit, or for attention. That might be true in the cases of some, but I suspect it has more to do with this:

A lot of kids, regardless of background, don't grow up being made to feel as loved or wanted by the men in their lives as coaches make them feel during their recruitment. In fact, I would imagine that for many, that paradigm shift is so overwhelming that some recruits are willing to continuously respond to the courtship of different schools just so they can can experience more of it, and frankly because they are afraid of losing it by staying firm to one school, or letting a coach who has invested so much in them down.

Every player is different, but I seriously doubt that many, if any at all are playing games in order to thumb their noses at anyone. These kids have insecurities that coaches prey on, which causes confusion and indecision. As a result, fans start to feel like recruits are taking direct shots at their school of allegiance. Unless I know a kid personally, I assume that they are only doing what most of us did as young men, trying to please the father figures in their lives. That I can only sympathize with.

Per usual, Barnacle is more thoughtful and diplomatic than I am.

Make no mistake, it is the fans and the hype machine that our demand for constant information has created that are the circus. It's not the kids.

Make no mistake, it is the fans and the hype machine that our demand for constant information has created that are the circus. It's not the kids.

So, now you're saying the kids are clowns?!

:poke:;)

So, now you're saying the kids are clowns?!

:poke:;)

THERE'S ONLY ONE CLOWN AROUND HERE, BRITT and, sigh, he's typing right now

Just saw this on Twitter, hate it bc he's the best under the radar recruit in this class. All signs pointing to: He Gone.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/auburn-commit-david-marshall-had-a-great-official-visit-to-uga-plans-to-return

Just saw this on Twitter, hate it bc he's the best under the radar recruit in this class. All signs pointing to: He Gone.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/auburn-commit-david-marshall-had-a-great-official-visit-to-uga-plans-to-return

Look at the positives. Derrick brown doesnt look too happy in that picture. Lmao

Look at the positives. Derrick brown doesnt look too happy in that picture. Lmao

'zacktly!

Maybe. He responds to attention. We'll see.

Yeah he looks like Marshall has been kickin his seat and laughing obnoxiously loud the whole game lol

Don't care if we can afford it or not. He is gone. We should publicly pull his offer and move on. Offer or not he's going to georgia. And good riddance I say.

We should publicly pull his offer

Can't discuss unsigned recruits punlicly. Recruiting violation.

In this case, I think it's worth whatever minor violations they would find. We could accidentally let it leak out. I think that's what AUTuger was suggesting.

In this case, I think it's worth whatever minor violations they would find. We could accidentally let it leak out. I think that's what AUTuger was suggesting.

It's not worth it. You also run the risk of burning bridges w/ area high schools on future recruits in a very fertile area for AU. I would definitely pull it privately but i'd never let that news hit the light of day.

It's not worth it. You also run the risk of burning bridges w/ area high schools on future recruits in a very fertile area for AU. I would definitely pull it privately but i'd never let that news hit the light of day.

Yet, with coach speak - one commit is being talked into staying, while at the same time another is being asked to decommit from elsewhere.

Sort of a twist on Aesop's morals for kids?

Archived