2014 Schedule

Randman5000

Look at the silver lining in our schedule ... We do not have back to back road games all year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win the SEC, with this schedule, I think we get into the playoff even with two losses -- unless K State is one of the losses.

I still think we run the table, though.

Look at the silver lining in our schedule ... We do not have back to back road games all year.

That's a big advantage I didn't realize we had. Now we need players to behave so they can be on the field to take advantage of it.

If we win the SEC, with this schedule, I think we get into the playoff even with two losses -- unless K State is one of the losses.

I still think we run the table, though.

Casual fans would tear the playoffs a new butthole as being biased if they let a two loss team in over team from a major conference with a better record. Only chance of that happening is if it's like an 11-1 Big 12 team and an 11-2 SEC, then there's a chance. 99% of the time, just like pre playoff, you need an undefeated or at worse a one loss year to play for it all. Only true exception was 2007 when no team was truly greater than any other team.

Btw, I think a 2 loss major team gets in over undefeated little guys. A committee won't let them get in by playing a schedule of teams that major schools warm up on.

Nope not with 2 losses

This year especially. Looking at schedules, you could easily have undefeated ACC, B1G, and BIG XII champs while the SEC and PAC12 cannibalize themselves. I think 2-loss SEC and PAC12 champs would both deserve to get into the CFP, but I don't see the committee leaving out an undefeated Power 5 conference champ. The good news for Auburn is that with the 2nd toughest schedule in the nation (based on ESPN projections), we would be in as good a position as anyone to argue for inclusion if strength of schedule is a major determiner in making the playoff.

But then there are always major surprises in every college football season, so while it's fun to speculate, we won't know anything until the games start. Is it August 30 yet?

We will need to redefine history, cuz we haven't had back to back 10 win seasons since 88'-89',we just need to take it one game at a time and not look to far ahead and we're in there like swimwear!

We will need to redefine history, cuz we haven't had back to back 10 win seasons since 88'-89',we just need to take it one game at a time and not look to far ahead and we're in there like swimwear!

Well, the players sure. Fans, not so much.

Nope not with 2 losses

This year especially. Looking at schedules, you could easily have undefeated ACC, B1G, and BIG XII champs while the SEC and PAC12 cannibalize themselves. I think 2-loss SEC and PAC12 champs would both deserve to get into the CFP, but I don't see the committee leaving out an undefeated Power 5 conference champ. The good news for Auburn is that with the 2nd toughest schedule in the nation (based on ESPN projections), we would be in as good a position as anyone to argue for inclusion if strength of schedule is a major determiner in making the playoff.

But then there are always major surprises in every college football season, so while it's fun to speculate, we won't know anything until the games start. Is it August 30 yet?

I think our schedule is so tough that the committee would have a hard time excluding a 2 loss Auburn SEC champ.

tons of people on here say "we" and "our" cuz they feel apart of the team....wonder why you decided to respond when i do it...interesting

tons of people on here say "we" and "our" cuz they feel apart of the team....wonder why you decided to respond when i do it...interesting

Other people have said virtually the same thing about taking it one game at a time and US (fans) not looking ahead. I just don't buy the notion of fans taking it one game at a time. Had the post been: let's hope the team stays focused and takes it one game at a time, I would have agreed.

Nope not with 2 losses

I think our schedule is so tough that the committee would have a hard time excluding a 2 loss Auburn SEC champ.

If the projections hold true, you're probably right, but we could also end up with a SoS as low as 50 if the pundits are wrong. What is extremely unlikely this year would be a one-loss Auburn as SEC runner-up making the playoff, even if our SoS is as tough as everyone expects.

Other people have said virtually the same thing about taking it one game at a time and US (fans) not looking ahead. I just don't buy the notion of fans taking it one game at a time. Had the post been: let's hope the team stays focused and takes it one game at a time, I would have agreed.

ok simple misunderstanding, i got you, a lot of fans feel that way i agree

Certainly a luxury we get as fans. I expect the same one game at a time focus from Gus and company.

Nope not with 2 losses

If we are somehow able to repeat as SEC Champs with this horrible schedule, we're in the playoffs even with two losses. No question about it.

Nope not with 2 losses

If we are somehow able to repeat as SEC Champs with this horrible schedule, we're in the playoffs even with two losses. No question about it.

In reality, yes, we would have a great chance to get there even as a 2 loss champ. Only issue is that we may have trouble making it to the SECCG as a 2 loss team, and it does put us at the mercy of some other teams.

Archived