Big Cat Weekend

There's 2 right there. Christian Kirk, Tyler Carr, Javon Patterson, and Jovon are publicly expected. There are more expected but I think they are premium info right now and can't be posted on AUF til they are posted on a reputable public outlet. To be honest I would prefer that someone like Cameron Crazy or another I know that does not have premium access start and manage a BCW thread. I don't want to do it because I will lose track as to who is premium and who is public.

If someone will start a BCW thread and update the OP with names then we'll just let this one fade.

***Removed content that is mostly premium***

Dude! IronMan70 rocks! IMHO, once something is posted on the 'net, it's no longer privileged information. At that point the cat is out of the bag anyway. But, we'll proceed as though we know nothing until somebody reads a pay-per-view page, posts that info elsewhere and then re-posts again here as though it came from a third party. That's how the game is played.

ellitor, you should open an account on some other site under some assumed name, maybe Joe Schmoe. Then read the privvy stuff, post it there as Joe Schmoe and then post it here with a link to Joe Schmoe. That way you'd always be the furstest with the mostest.

I'm traveling all day today, but if nobody beats me to it this afternoon I'll start one tonight.

That will be appreciated Tivo.

Dude! IronMan70 rocks! IMHO, once something is posted on the 'net, it's no longer privileged information. At that point the cat is out of the bag anyway. But, we'll proceed as though we know nothing until somebody reads a pay-per-view page, posts that info elsewhere and then re-posts again here as though it came from a third party. That's how the game is played.

ellitor, you should open an account on some other site under some assumed name, maybe Joe Schmoe. Then read the privvy stuff, post it there as Joe Schmoe and then post it here with a link to Joe Schmoe. That way you'd always be the furstest with the mostest.

now im curious

lol. I can't do that. There are other sites that allow for summarizing premium content. Regurgitating posts from those sites without a free link from the original source are not allowed on AUF because they in them selves are not original sources. The original source (usually AU recruiting reporters or recruits themselves) or an insider such as WDEWDE has to make the info public themselves before it can be posted on AUF. RIR and the rest of the admins have a great relationship with the pay sites and these are the rules they have chosen for AUF. There are more names out there but they are premium and are not allowed on AUF. This includes any summarized posts I make on another site since I am not an AU reporter or original source.

And for those wondering, If Tivo or someone does a BCW list thread, no I will not police it. That is why I ask someone else do and manage a list instead of me.

Ellitor, Why would you remove information that is a copy and paste of your words on your own thread at SECRant ? You posted the info in a public forum for anybody to read. You are the source so it's not premium any more. AUF readers shouldn't have the same public information ?

edit: I can see your "rationale" in your post to Mikey above.

now im curious

Just go to Auburn Sports main board @SECRant. Open the BCW thread on the first page. You can see some of the names coming to BCW.

Auburn Sports Main Board link: http://www.secrant.com/rant/b/208/Auburn-Sports.aspx

Ellitor, Why would you remove information that is a copy and paste of your words on your own thread at SECRant ? You posted the info in a public forum for anybody to read. You are the source in a public forum so it's not premium any more. AUF readers shouldn't have the same public information ?

I sent you a PM telling you why. I don't know why you came back to the forum with it. My posts on another site are summed up premium content 90% of the time unless I put a free link in the posts. When I post stuff over here it's free stuff I have found. Summed posts from other sites even from me, since I am not an original source or an insider, are not allowed by AUF rules. I understand the point of your question but the rules are pinned in the forum and are crystal clear on this issue. To be honest, one of the reasons I post on the other site is because there is stuff I can post there that I can't here. It is what it is as AUF rules are now.

Somebody please start a BCW list thread with the names already listed here and find the rest of the names publicly without using the SEC Rant. Names will get there first but will find there way to AUF at some point before BCW.

Ellitor, Why would you remove information that is a copy and paste of your words on your own thread at SECRant ? You posted the info in a public forum for anybody to read. You are the source in a public forum so it's not premium any more. AUF readers shouldn't have the same public information ?

I sent you a PM telling you why. I don't know why you came back to the forum with it. My posts on another site are summed up premium content 90% of the time unless I put a free link in the posts. When I post stuff over here it's free stuff I have found. Summed posts from other sites even from me, since I am not an original source or an insider, are not allowed by AUF rules. I understand the point of your question but the rules are pinned in the forum and are crystal clear on this issue. To be honest, one of the reasons I post on the other site is because there is stuff I can post there that I can't here. It is what it is as AUF rules are now.

No explanation in the IM, just a copy of my post that had pasted your post on the Rant. I also said in my earlier post that I saw your "rationale" in your post to Mikey, that you made while I was typing. No need for you to duplicate.

So if something was ONCE on a private board but is now on a public board it can't be posted here? That would eliminate somewhere around 80% of everything we read here. Or does the "once was private but now is public" ban only apply to stuff on SEC rant? Or only apply to AUF members on SEC rant? Or only apply to ellitor on SEC rant?

Confusing!

So if something was ONCE on a private board but is now on a public board it can't be posted here? That would eliminate somewhere around 80% of everything we read here. Or does the "once was private but now is public" ban only apply to stuff on SEC rant? Or only apply to AUF members on SEC rant? Or only apply to ellitor on SEC rant?

Confusing!

It is a confusing, cloudy, somewhat messed up web site we are addicted to.

Confusing!

It is a confusing, cloudy, somewhat messed up web site we are addicted to.

IDK MIkey but you have a good point there. :dunno: :dunno:

Good luck getting that sorted out!!

Archived