RB Jalin Buie (AU commit)

Possible

4* DB Tony Bridges (AU commit)

4* DE Marquavius Lewis

4* WR Jason Smith (AU commit)

4* LB Roquan Smith

4* LB Darrell Williams (AU commit)

3* S Montavious Atkinson (AU commit)

3* FB Chandler Cox (commit watch if he attends)

Unlikely

5* DT Trent Thompson

5* DT Daron Payne

3* OL Marquel Harrell

Link to main recruiting board: http://www.aufamily....-updated-51514/

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those unfamiliar with BCW, this is a good start for an explanation: http://www.al.com/au...prospects.html.

Found this tidbit from UGA 2014 RB Nick Chubb. Gives a little insight into what goes on at BCW.

What was the most creative thing a college did to get your attention? “Probably Auburn for the Big Cat Weekend. They divided up the prospects and coaches on teams, and we went up against each other. We had pie-eating contest, water balloon fights, a scavenger hunt, and things like that. It was fun.”

Does anyone know why Trent Thompson isn't going to be able to make it? I didn't expect Daron Payne to come.

Same question; same expectation.

Also, does anyone know the chances of getting Cox and/or Ivey to visit for BCW?

Are JUCO's invited? I cant remember another coming in the past.

Don't know -- but at least it wouldn't conflict with prom.

;)

Yahh, we have our own AUF- BCW thread now and we can see who is coming. It looks like a good group is beginning to take shape. As far as JUCOs, Jovon is expected so I guess the answer is a yes on that one.

I'm surprised not to see a few more of our current commits on the list -- especially Tyler Queen. Any word on him or other current commits attending?

Thanks for the thread, Tivo48. I submit my humble vote for no full profiles on the OP, but instead a single link to the big recruiting board thread. A little easier to scroll through that way, particularly on mobile devices.

Some of them may have Prom that weekend.. that has been an issue in the past.

Who has prom on may 31st? I figured prom season would be done by mid-may. I seen Tre Williams prom pics like a month ago.

Almost every school in Alabama is out of school by May 31st... Don't know why anyone is talking about prom.

I'm surprised not to see a few more of our current commits on the list -- especially Tyler Queen. Any word on him or other current commits attending?

I've seen places say to expect a lot of current commits, but I'm having trouble with individual names. And McLoofus I'll put in a link as soon as I get home. If everyone is fine with that then it's less work on my end

I've seen places say to expect a lot of current commits, but I'm having trouble with individual names. And McLoofus I'll put in a link as soon as I get home. If everyone is fine with that then it's less work on my end

Thanks, Tivo. I'm sure everyone appreciates you posting the original thread and updates when you can.

:wareagle:

Found this tidbit from UGA 2014 RB Nick Chubb. Gives a little insight into what goes on at BCW.

What was the most creative thing a college did to get your attention? “Probably Auburn for the Big Cat Weekend. They divided up the prospects and coaches on teams, and we went up against each other. We had pie-eating contest, water balloon fights, a scavenger hunt, and things like that. It was fun.”

As I understand, this is not an "official visit" so the players have to pay their own travel and accommodations? Might be an issue for some people.

As I understand, this is not an "official visit" so the players have to pay their own travel and accommodations? Might be an issue for some people.

Issue or not, it's been working as an effective recruiting tool for years now. Kids seem to find ways to do things they want to do, right?

Issue or not, it's been working as an effective recruiting tool for years now. Kids seem to find ways to do things they want to do, right?

Well, except the ones that need to be paid for playing college football so they can have something to eat during the weekends.

Well, except the ones that need to be paid for playing college football so they can have something to eat during the weekends.

Let them eat cake.

Archived