2015 4* QB Deondre Francois (FSU signee)

WarEagle84

Who was the last 5* QB that we signed since 2000 or in the 90s. Was Cam a 5* QB coming out of junior college.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who was the last 5* QB that we signed since 2000 or in the 90s. Was Cam a 5* QB coming out of junior college.

Cam was a 5* out of JUCO.

Nick, Jeremey, Sean..... we already got'em, as in why do we need another right now ((this is not a Dre attack))... more like why get 2 this year?

During Dre's first year in uniform Nick will be gone and Jeremey will be a junior, Johnathan will be a senior but will also be eligible to transfer with a degree. Sean will be in his second year. With TQ we could only have three scholly QB's on the rooster with out Dre(two signees) for this class.

Freaking roosters...keep shaking QBs off...

I'm just trying remember the last 5* QB we signed out of High school. We seem to have a hard time landing those guys. We've signed a lot of 3* and 4* QB's.

BTW, I need help moving some furniture and was thinking of asking the offensive line - do you think there is anyone that couldn't help? ;D (Yes, this was all in fun)

I'd help but I just pulled this muscle in my back. I think ellitor is good to go... Got beer? I might get better if there's beer.

That is a dumb question!!!!!

I'm just trying remember the last 5* QB we signed out of High school. We seem to have a hard time landing those guys. We've signed a lot of 3* and 4* QB's.

Very few QBs are 5 star on Rivals or 247. Frazier was a 5 star on Scout. We have not signed another 5 star QB except Cam. I'd take a shot at Gibson and try to get him straightened up.

C'mon everyone. Stop worrying. We're stacked at QB regardless and the 2016 class is a great class of QBs as well. I personally think DF will commit to the good guys on Thursday. I could be wrong, but it's just a guy feeling. If we miss on him, there's plenty more QBs to choose from next year. No worries! War Eagle!

I certainly agree about not having any worries if he doesn't commit. We're in great shape regarding QBs but i just don't like it when a recruit plays us for a fool. We'll just have to wait and see what he decides but if he commits to FSU then why tweet "WDE" last night and now a photoshop Auburn jersey knowing he's going to FSU? Those would be my questions if he did choose FSU. He's handled his recruitment very well....don't be like Gibson and create a circus show. Again...we'll just have to see what he decides.

To create suspense. It's all apart of the recruiting game. Don't take it personally.

Can someone explain why we need or want another bench warmer QB in this class....aren't we already stacked?

And with the show that's going to begin, shouldn't we likely get a WAY better selection come next year?

The staff wants 4 quality QBs on roster at all times. If we take 1 in this class we'll only have 3. And Dre may not be a bench warmer. He arguably has the most arm talent in this class. And no we are not stacked by staff's standards.

I don't get this have to sign a 5* QB deal. Sign the QB that best fits your program. And by that I mean in terms of fitting in with players, coaches and running your system. If that is a high 3* then so be it. Star gazers in recruiting are going to be disappointed more times than not.

C'mon everyone. Stop worrying. We're stacked at QB regardless and the 2016 class is a great class of QBs as well. I personally think DF will commit to the good guys on Thursday. I could be wrong, but it's just a guy feeling. If we miss on him, there's plenty more QBs to choose from next year. No worries! War Eagle!

I certainly agree about not having any worries if he doesn't commit. We're in great shape regarding QBs but i just don't like it when a recruit plays us for a fool. We'll just have to wait and see what he decides but if he commits to FSU then why tweet "WDE" last night and now a photoshop Auburn jersey knowing he's going to FSU? Those would be my questions if he did choose FSU. He's handled his recruitment very well....don't be like Gibson and create a circus show. Again...we'll just have to see what he decides.

To create suspense. It's all apart of the recruiting game. Don't take it personally.

I know the games played in recruiting but if a recruit hasn't resulted to those type of antics before...don't start now. Make your decision and keep it moving. It's expected from a recruit like Gibson or Foster b/c it was a "show" with them from the start.

I know the games played in recruiting but if a recruit hasn't resulted to those type of antics before...don't start now. Make your decision and keep it moving. It's expected from a recruit like Gibson or Foster b/c it was a "show" with them from the start.

I'm not that hip on twitter but looks to me like someone made a picture of DF in an AU jersey, tweeted it the picture to DF and DF retweeted War Eagle? MY GOD. :dunno:

It's a show with many of the kids when it comes down to money time whether they were quiet before or not. Best thing to do is just accept that as part of the game because it ain't changing anytime soon.

I'm not that hip on twitter but looks to me like someone made a picture of DF in an AU jersey, tweeted it the picture to DF and DF retweeted War Eagle? MY GOD. :dunno:

lol. Could be. It's nothing horrible. Not trying to make a big deal of it. He seems like a really good kid. Just saying...remain classy that's all. I'm sure he's dealing with a lot of crazy fans from both teams though. I saw a picture of a correspondence where some young man was asking a current recruit for his home address so he could send him items to sign. SMH. The nerve of some people. Borderline stalkers.

It's a show with many of the kids when it comes down to money time whether they were quiet before or not. Best thing to do is just accept that as part of the game because it ain't changing anytime soon.

Not upset about E. Just saying. I know how all of this works.

If he picks fsu instead of AU, he will regret it! And if he's reading this, son u have a great opportunity to play with and for a Legendary coach in the making, don't miss out, pick AU!

Based on his twitter feed @Deondre_3 it seems like he is going to pick Auburn tomorrow. A lot of his retweets and favorites have been Auburn related.

Based on his twitter feed @Deondre_3 it seems like he is going to pick Auburn tomorrow. A lot of his retweets and favorites have been Auburn related.

The general consensus is that his twitter is playing with us.

I doubt it. I don't know why y'all are thinking that.

Agreed

Why would he spoil his own announcement? The over-emphatic actions right before an announcement often signal a kid trying to rile up attention, this typically happens when a kid wants to try and make some sort "surprise" choice...in this case everyone thought he was going to FSU for a long time, then a few days before he starts suspiciously spamming AU stuff.

Archived