2015 4* QB Deondre Francois (FSU signee)

WarEagle84

I doubt it. I don't know why y'all are thinking that.

Why would he spoil his own announcement? The over-emphatic actions right before an announcement often signal a kid trying to rile up attention, this typically happens when a kid wants to try and make some sort "surprise" choice...in this case everyone thought he was going to FSU for a long time, then a few days before he starts suspiciously spamming AU stuff.

Well from what I've read he has loved every visit he has taken to Auburn. When Tray Matthews was transferring from UGA he was deciding between Louisville and Auburn. His twitter feed gave it away that he was going to transfer to Auburn. I think y'all are just thinking into it too much. We'll all see tomorrow. I just don't like it when people assume kids are trolling other teams for fun. As of right now, Francois has been pretty mature about handling the recruiting process.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think y'all are just thinking into it too much.

Unfortunately, it's become a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. Stick a microphone or a tape recorder in a kid's face and beg him to talk enough times, and he's sure enough going to say something eventually. A whole lot of people obsess over every single word and action that comes out of these recruits. Information technology has allowed that to spiral out of control. The demand is there, so many of the recruits are more than happy to feed the beast. Not all of them do- certainly hoping Francois isn't doing that- but the cynicism is understandable.

Feel like he is FSU bound, but if he does pick AU, it is gonna be a HUGE SURPRISE.

Almost all Crystal Balls have him at FSU.

The crystal ball isn't always accurate. It's kind of irrelevant. Remember when Rashaan Evans picked bama when they had a 2% chance and Auburn had a 96% chance

Feel like he is FSU bound, but if he does pick AU, it is gonna be a HUGE SURPRISE.

The crystal ball isn't always accurate. It's kind of irrelevant. Remember when Rashaan Evans picked bama when they had a 2% chance and Auburn had a 96% chance

Ughhh...i thought we banned that name from being spoken? :dead:

The crystal ball isn't always accurate. It's kind of irrelevant. Remember when name not to be mentioned picked bama when they had a 2% chance and Auburn had a 96% chance

Didn't say it couldn't or wouldn't happen. Said it would be a surprise to everyone.

Until the AU or FSU change their crystal ball picks from FSU to AU Dre is likely FSU bound.

Based on his twitter feed @Deondre_3 it seems like he is going to pick Auburn tomorrow. A lot of his retweets and favorites have been Auburn related.

The general consensus is that his twitter is playing with us.

:bigblush: :bigblush:

Based on his twitter feed @Deondre_3 it seems like he is going to pick Auburn tomorrow. A lot of his retweets and favorites have been Auburn related.

The general consensus is that his twitter is playing with us.

:bigblush:/> :bigblush:/>

So Golf, what do you think Dre is going to do?

I know my opinion doesn't count but I will say it again. I'm more than happy that we have Tyler Queen and I don't think we need another QB in this class.

Three weeks ago we were talking about how bad we want this guy. Today it's how we don't need him. Tomorrow it will be "can't wait to see what Gus will do with this kid'" Smh

Can someone explain why we need or want another bench warmer QB in this class....aren't we already stacked?

And with the show that's going to begin, shouldn't we likely get a WAY better selection come next year?

The staff wants 4 quality QBs on roster at all times. If we take 1 in this class we'll only have 3. And Dre may not be a bench warmer. He arguably has the most arm talent in this class. And no we are not stacked by staff's standards.

Thanks.... for the informative (and educational) response.

In an unquoted post made just before, I had mentioned this wasn't a Dre thing, but instead a question about number of slots. So no, I don't doubt his skill's.

Guest jojo1515

Three weeks ago we were talking about how bad we want this guy. Today it's how we don't need him. Tomorrow it will be "can't wait to see what Gus will do with this kid'" Smh

If it makes you feel better, I've had him as my number 1 q.b. since I first saw his film. That said, if he picks FSU, we don't need him and if he picks AUBURN, I can't wait to see what Gus will do with this kid :)

I'm just trying remember the last 5* QB we signed out of High school. We seem to have a hard time landing those guys. We've signed a lot of 3* and 4* QB's.

I don't get this have to sign a 5* QB deal. Sign the QB that best fits your program. And by that I mean in terms of fitting in with players, coaches and running your system. If that is a high 3* then so be it. Star gazers in recruiting are going to be disappointed more times than not.

Manziel, RG III were 3 stars , I believe.

FSU.

We the coaches go hard after Lamar Jackson now or be happy with TQ and get 2 QBs next year?

Not sure.

FSU was the word last night. DF has not told AU one way or the other so there is still a little hope.

To be perfectly honest, I think the top 3 QB's for 2016 and the top 3 QB's from 2014 would be the top 6 for this cycle. These are some talented guys but this was just not the year of the prized QB recruits. I would be happy with TQ and Dre, but happier with White and would love to have Pass or Patterson (little hope for him now) out of next years group.

I say this with nothing I would have to retract from previous posts.

Archived