AU voted 9th by one SEC SID

MDM4AU

@YahooForde: I'm not a find-him-and-stone-him guy when it comes to outlier poll voters. But the SEC SID who voted Auburn 9th? http://t.co/Zr8NJtIBq5

Probably one of the guys who voted Spurrier coach of the year over Chiz....or named the UT tennis player the male athlete of the year over Cam.

These conference polls have no credibility in my eyes because of this kind of crap. It's obvious from some of the votes and awards that some ADs and SIDs don't take this stuff seriously....or else take it so seriously that they use the opportunity for some petty retribution.

This isn't just any old outlier vote. Everyone else voted us top 3, with 9 of the 13 votes being #1 (6) OR #2 (3). tHIS IS SOMEONE WITH A DULL AXE TO GRIND. mY GUESS WOULD BE aRKY.

my guess is south carolina. Anybody that leaves tebow off the first- team sec ballot is just plain crazy

This isn't just any old outlier vote. Everyone else voted us top 3, with 9 of the 13 votes being #1 (6) OR #2 (3). tHIS IS SOMEONE WITH A DULL AXE TO GRIND. mY GUESS WOULD BE aRKY.

report was that it came from the East.....so USCe or maybe Mizz?

http://collegespun.com/sec/missouri/sec-sid-poll-picks-alabama-to-win-the-conference-south-carolina-to-win-sec-east-preseason-all-conference-teams

Here is another link showing the votes separated by division. Auburn gets 2 first place votes and 4 second places votes by SIDs representing western division teams. So it's obviously a eastern voter who voted Auburn 9th. My guess would be Georgia.

http://collegespun.c...onference-teams

Here is another link showing the votes separated by division. Auburn gets 2 first place votes and 4 second places votes by SIDs representing western division teams. So it's obviously a eastern voter who voted Auburn 9th. My guess would be Georgia.

Ah! Hadn't seen that separated poll. In that case, I'd guess Georgia, too.

http://collegespun.c...onference-teams

Ah! Hadn't seen that separated poll. In that case, I'd guess Georgia, too.

Same here. Georgia.

Doubtful it was Mizzou. Does not seem to fit their style.

Every time I think about it, I still ticked off that a bunch of clowns voted Spurrier over Chizik for coach of the year.

Doubtful it was Mizzou. Does not seem to fit their style.

Agreed. Georgia is most likely culprit because as "hurt" as the Bammers are over the end of that game, the Dawgs are still puking over the Ricardo tip.

Who was the one SEC SID that voted Auburn 9th?

We don't know.

We're trying to figure it out. But we do know that it was someone from the SEC East. Most of us are guessing Georgia (but we have no proof of that).

I think there is a chance it is USC. If UGA did this, my feeling about the AU-GA rivalry being a friendly one is way, way out the door. The GA rivalry has been pretty ugly the last 4 years or so.

I think there is a chance it is USC. If UGA did this, my feeling about the AU-GA rivalry being a friendly one is way, way out the door. The GA rivalry has been pretty ugly the last 4 years or so.

Yeah, I think it's gotten progressively less friendly in the past decade.

Possibles: UGA, SC, FLA

Not likely: Ky, Tenn, Mizzou, Vandy

I'd say most likely UGA just based off the sour grapes from last November.

Agree except,for UT. They have been butthurt by AU ever since we have beaten them in a few recruiting battles. (Lawson and Lambert's signing day switch). Plus, they are very afraid of losing This years recruiting battle to is on Gibson. They need a QB soo bad, and we still will most likely get Gibson.

Finally, they feel we ran the score up on them last year on their own home field.

Agree except for UT. They have been butthurt by AU because AU has been winning several of the recruiting battles against each other. Examples are Lawson, and the signing day flip of Lambert.....plus we piled on the points against them last year on their home field. UT does not like AU.

And if youve ever been to their campus (esp lately), you can see that they obviously don't make good decisions. This would be another bad one if it were them.

Agree except,for UT. They have been butthurt by AU ever since we have beaten them in a few recruiting battles. (Lawson and Lambert's signing day switch). Plus, they are very afraid of losing This years recruiting battle to is on Gibson. They need a QB soo bad, and we still will most likely get Gibson.

Finally, they feel we ran the score up on them last year on their own home field.

To me at least, the main point about all this speculation is that it was a "personal" thing and almost certainly was not an honest assessment of where AU is likely to end up this season....and it was personal on the Chiz and Cam snubs too.......and maybe some more that were not so obvious. And all those snubs are good reasons why the concept of SEC loyalty is on shaky ground with so many AU people.

To me at least, the main point about all this speculation is that it was a "personal" thing and almost certainly was not an honest assessment of where AU is likely to end up this season....and it was personal on the Chiz and Cam snubs too.......and maybe some more that were not so obvious. And all those snubs are good reasons why the concept of SEC loyalty is on shaky ground with so many AU people.

I agree....it has to be. With UGA I could see it being the most "personal"...going back to Cam and Fairley, the tip and just their general butt hurt over their failures and our success. UF - somewhat since CWM is against the Gus offense. SC - another oversight similar to the one that happened with Tebow. Tenn - maybe a tad personal with Lawson and Lambert.

The rest? nada.

Why does it matter who voted us 9th? Are you going to hold a special grudge against that team because their SID had a hair up his butt when he submitted his ballot? The poll is meaningless, whether they voted us #1 or #14.

I suspect, whichever team it was, you already hate them enough that this vote won't change anything.

Yeah, I think it's gotten progressively less friendly in the past decade.

UGA has beat AU 6 times in the last decade, we should be the one's pissed no them. :angry:

Why does it matter who voted us 9th? Are you going to hold a special grudge against that team because their SID had a hair up his butt when he submitted his ballot? The poll is meaningless, whether they voted us #1 or #14.

I suspect, whichever team it was, you already hate them enough that this vote won't change anything.

You are correct this time...but unfortunately this crap also goes on when it does matter (conference awards, all star teams, etc) and deserving people get shafted because some nitwit chooses that moment to get back at someone(s) over some personal grievance with a school, coach or a player.

Archived