Is it just me? Serious question...

Dixie1860

Alexava is right. You all are jumping on anything that supports your political paradigm.

http://www.nytimes.c...murky.html?_r=0

Why did President Obama bypass Congress to do this? He knew that he didn't have enough support from even his own party. There was bipartisan opposition to the prisoner swap. It wasn't just Republicans that were against this deal.

I think we'll eventually find that intelligence led him to pull the trigger now without delay.

The same intelligence that said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? Will the president be ridiculed for following this faulty intelligence?

Iraq did have WMD...it ended up in Syria. But that's not at play here.

While there is intel to back your claim and video evidence to support it, WMDs were not confiscated in Iraq. That fact alone created great satisfaction among the naysayers and it spread like wildfire in the media. It is a topic for another day, but far far to many in this country follow blindly without research. They simply hear it and consider it fact. All of us here can recall the Cam Newton fiasco, so you get the drift. Sad, but true.

That's an interesting take, considering that's the REASON given for the war. No wonder it "spread like wildfire" in the media.

Good grief! :no:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexava is right. You all are jumping on anything that supports your political paradigm.

http://www.nytimes.c...murky.html?_r=0

Why did President Obama bypass Congress to do this? He knew that he didn't have enough support from even his own party. There was bipartisan opposition to the prisoner swap. It wasn't just Republicans that were against this deal.

I think we'll eventually find that intelligence led him to pull the trigger now without delay.

The same intelligence that said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? Will the president be ridiculed for following this faulty intelligence?

Iraq did have WMD...it ended up in Syria. But that's not at play here.

While there is intel to back your claim and video evidence to support it, WMDs were not confiscated in Iraq. That fact alone created great satisfaction among the naysayers and it spread like wildfire in the media. It is a topic for another day, but far far to many in this country follow blindly without research. They simply hear it and consider it fact. All of us here can recall the Cam Newton fiasco, so you get the drift. Sad, but true.

That's an interesting take, considering that's the REASON given for the war. No wonder it "spread like wildfire" in the media.

Good grief! :no:

Read the whole thread Homey. Pay particular attention to Syria, WMDs, movement, intel, etc. Good grief is right!

I find the talking point - "this what happens when a war ends,..POWs are released," to be laughable. My question is ..does the Taliban know the war is over? Have they all had spontaneous conversions and now love America? Im tired of hearing that this is what Washington and Roosevelt did. When those men released POWs there was no war to return to. Releasing these guys is tantamount to releasing 5, 4 star generals in that they were Sr operatives in the Taliban and known killers and they will kill again. They are real jihadists, not the republican variety that Reid and Obama repeatedly called jihadists. It would be nice if the Obama team would treat real jihadists with the same harsh sense of urgency they did those mean ole TEA Partiers...I guess now Holder and his minions are free to focus all their effort on domestic terrorists, aka anyone who disagrees with them politically.

I find the talking point - "this what happens when a war ends,..POWs are released," to be laughable. My question is ..does the Taliban know the war is over? Have they all had spontaneous conversions and now love America? Im tired of hearing that this is what Washington and Roosevelt did. When those men released POWs there was no war to return to. Releasing these guys is tantamount to releasing 5, 4 star generals in that they were Sr operatives in the Taliban and known killers and they will kill again. They are real jihadists, not the republican variety that Reid and Obama repeatedly called jihadists. It would be nice if the Obama team would treat real jihadists with the same harsh sense of urgency they did those mean ole TEA Partiers...I guess now Holder and his minions are free to focus all their effort on domestic terrorists, aka anyone who disagrees with them politically.

Did the North Vietnamese stop fighting after we exchanged prisoners? Did we honestly think we would? Did we release prisoners that had tried to kill Americans?

What I find troubling is the Pentagon Flag Officers who tried to project this false narrative that the PFC (will never consider him a NCO) was in dire need of rescue, thus the need to set five high-level talaban operatives loose.

"This episode will be examined by congressional committees, if they can pierce the administration’s coming cover-up, which has been foreshadowed by the response to congressional attempts to scrutinize the politicization of the Internal Revenue Service. If the military stalls on turning over files to Congress pertaining to the five years of Bergdahl’s absence, we will at least know that there is no national institution remaining to be corrupted."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-f-will-when-a-president-goes-rogue/2014/06/04/bb172cc2-ec12-11e3-93d2-edd4be1f5d9e_print.html

Well, SECDEF, your response?

"A Taliban commander close to the negotiations over the release of U.S. Army Sgt. (PFC) Bowe Bergdahl told TIME Thursday that the deal made to secure Bergdahl’s release has made it more appealing for fighters to capture American soldiers and other high-value targets.

“It’s better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people,” the commander said, speaking by telephone on condition of anonymity..."

http://time.com/#2826442/taliban-kidnappings-bergdahl/

As I said in this thread Afghanistan just got a lot more dangerous for our soldiers. Thank you Mr. Commander in Chief.

Did the North Vietnamese stop fighting after we exchanged prisoners? Did we honestly think we would? Did we release prisoners that had tried to kill Americans?

There is a big difference in the North Vietnamese and the taliban. One is a country the other a terrorist organization.

There is a big difference in the North Vietnamese and the taliban. One is a country the other a terrorist organization.

The Viet Cong engaged in guerrilla tactics we would now call terrorists attacks.

The Viet Cong engaged in guerrilla tactics we would now call terrorists attacks.

And that's still not the point. The Viet Cong were fighting for a country the Taliban are made up of terrorist from several countries. The Taliban is now, has always been and will always be a terrorist organization.

And that's still not the point. The Viet Cong were fighting for a country the Taliban are made up of terrorist from several countries. The Taliban is now, has always been and will always be a terrorist organization.

The Taliban ruled Afghanistan until we invaded the country and overthrew them.

And we signed a peace treaty in Paris with the Vietnamese...and we stopped fighting them and, more importantly, they stopped fighting us.... some people don't even try on here with half-assed responses.

and we actually signed a peace treaty with the North Vietnamese and they stopped fighting us when we left. Kind of a big difference, huh. Al Qaeda doesn't/hasn't/won't stop fighting us; just read any of their websites. They pretty clearly are at war with us.

As I said in this thread http://www.aufamily....-we-know-now/ Afghanistan just got a lot more dangerous for our soldiers. Thank you Mr. Commander in Chief.

So, instead of killing our soldiers, they will attempt to capture them? If captured, instead of chopping their heads off, they will keep them alive to use as bargaining tools?

The Taliban ruled Afghanistan until we invaded the country and overthrew them.

Therefore you think that legitimizes the Taliban. But you did say rule didn't you.

Were they terrorists when they were fighting the Russians?

And we signed a peace treaty in Paris with the Vietnamese...and we stopped fighting them and, more importantly, they stopped fighting us.... some people don't even try on here with half-assed responses.

and we actually signed a peace treaty with the North Vietnamese and they stopped fighting us when we left. Kind of a big difference, huh. Al Qaeda doesn't/hasn't/won't stop fighting us; just read any of their websites. They pretty clearly are at war with us.

If it wasn't for half-assed responses, you'd never post.

http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-taliban-and-al-qaeda/

Were they terrorists when they were fighting the Russians?

I've already answered that in a previous statement.

As I said in this thread http://www.aufamily....-we-know-now/ Afghanistan just got a lot more dangerous for our soldiers. Thank you Mr. Commander in Chief.

So, instead of killing our soldiers, they will attempt to capture them? If captured, instead of chopping their heads off, they will keep them alive to use as bargaining tools?

sigh

If it wasn't for half-assed responses, you'd never post.

http://www.differenc...n-and-al-qaeda/

sigh

Archived