Did anyone hear Herbstreit on ESPN....

Eagle Eye

I am watching the Bowl Selection Show on ESPN .... and they were talking about the Auburn/VT game, and he said Auburn really needs to pull together, and fast, because they are playing the hottest team in the country. Va. Tech has one 8 in a row.... (As if Auburn hasn't won 12 in a row) He also talked about the unity that Va. Tech has. ( As if Auburn doesn't)... I lost all respect for Herbstreit... He doen't have a clue what he is talking about.

He acted like he had never chosen AU over ou last night. He went with us over ou after the bama game. How could this weekends games have changed his mind? I'll bet they all got some pressure from execs to support the projected bcs 1-2 if at all possible.

I don't mind his voting that way, but to say stuff that implies that we have no unity, or that 12-0 isn't good enough. Does he not consider players that walk out of the tunnel in groups of 4 at the SEC champ game when most people would expect them to be doing wild dances before the game, unity. Or would it be them locking arms and singing a song about being hard fighting soldiers that would not be considered unity. Or what about when they pray for the injured players regardless of which team's player.. I don't understand... I guess we have no unity at all. Atleast to Herbstreit.

What really gets me about that punka**bi**h is that a month ago he said, "I want to see what they do against uga, before I move them up..." Then it was, I want to see what they do against bammer before I move them up... Then it was, "Auburn is #2!". Then when it was obvious that uo and usc were going undefeated he pipes up and says that we didn't beat ut convincingly enough???? [if I were speaking this statement, this would be where I would insert every curse word in the English language....2 or 3 times] Now we hear this crap??? I guess now that he's not ranking us #2 anymore, it would make him look better if we laid an egg in the SB. What a *^*&%*% $%$#% $%$# %*^ %$#%, $#@#^& *%$&^$^#%, ^*&^%^&*&*^!@#$!!

I will be writing a letter to both him and corso to tell them how they screwed us over, and that they should be ashamed of themselves for pulling that kind of crap. I'm also going to write a letter to Trev Alberts thanking him for his continued support. He was dead on about us last season, and has been in our corner since early September.

I'm pretty PO'd about this situation right now, but after I get all of this off my chest a few times, I'll be PUMPED about the SB.

WDE

Again, it's television, it's entertainment, they're supposed to stir things up. I admire Trev for sticking with us when the rest of them, including Corso, switched sides. Of course, again, it's still an entertainment program and he did get a rise out of them.

WAR EAGLE!

What gets me is Corso keeps saying I got to see all the teams play and he based his opinion on this. It just so happens he saw us cream a Georgia team and hold off a challenge in a championship game even though we had more turn overs and a bad series of kicks. The score of the SEC game could have been by 7 more but like Tubs said today he isn't into gaining votes from running the score up. I guess we should have sent Corso and Kirk to the UCLA game to let him see if his opinion would have changed against USC. Them guys mad me mad as :angryfire: along with wanting to :puke: .

Hey..... Corso stated a month ago that if Auburn went the rest of the way, they HAD to be in!

Let's just go out and BEAT THE **** OUT OF VA. TECH!

I agree with Kirk. I said yesterday and today before his comments that VT was the hottest team in the nation. Yea Auburn has a longer winning streak and is kicking ass & taking names, but VT is pretty hott. They lost a couple games early and have won ever since. That speaks volumes. It's exactly like when Auburn last year lost 2 and won 5 in a row. At that time, Auburn was the hottest team in the nation going to LSU.

Hottest Team in the nation does not equal longest winning streak.

TWO THINGS:

1 - Herbstreit apparently didn't see Tuberville on the ABC annoucement b/c if he had he would not have made those comments about "Tuberville better pull his team together". Had he listened to Tub's comments he would have seen a man who only voiced disappointment for his team, not in the system. Kirk's statement implied that all AU players/fans were sitting on campus crying in their beer. Ticks me off!

2 - Herbstreit's comments about us losing our chances in the second half of hte UT game. What in the world?!?!? I wanted to scream at the TV..."DID YOU SEE USC STINK IT UP FOR FOUR QUARTERS YESTERDAY?" and they weren't playing the #15 team in the nation! I thought we lost our Orange Bowl chances during the first quarter of the Alabama game. That would have made much more sense...at least they weren't a conference division champ.

I think this will be very similar to our last three games. Va. Tech has a been very good at the line of scrimage. UT showed them how to attack us. They also have good RBs and a pretty good QB. I again think we will prevail but this is a very much improved team than the one USC faced in August.

Nobody will have played the level of competition that we have played over what will be the last four games. 9-2, 6-5, 9-2, and 10-2. I am proud of this team regardless of what the polls say. I hope this is the beginning of a special era for the Tigers. Maybe next year another West Division Team can win the SEC and maybe more.

Corso made me so angry tonight. I am not sure if those idiots think before they talk. Corso stated that since Auburn did not handily beat Tennessee he had to drop them to number three. Ok, I understand that. However, USC barely squeeked by UCLA and did not play a good game. Why doesn't he drop them also? It makes no sense.

This whole thing is a sham. I feel absolutely terrible for Auburn's football team, especially the seniors who have worked so hard. College football is nothing but politics.

Guys, I have completely changed my tune. I just knew that if we went through this schedule undefeated, eventually the country would have to take notice and put us in the OB. Bottom line is, we didn't blow it in the Bama game or the UT game or anywhere else. Forget Corso, Turdstreet and the rest of em'. We could have beaten Bama and UT both by 42-7 and we were NEVER going to get in, PERIOD.

The voters who gave USC and OU the #1 & #2 rankings were not going to move either of those two out unless they lost. Why would they not want their preseason picks to come true? They didn't drop USC when they needed a horrific call to go in their favor to beat Va. Tech. They didn't drop em' when a 4-7 Stanford team RIPPED em' a new one for one half and they sure didn't drop em' when they held on for dear life to beat a 6-5, unranked UCLA. And don't get me started on OU's run to the OB. It was USC and OU from the start and there's no way these a-holes were going to let Auburn fight from 17th or 18th and jump either one.

First, a hearty WDE to you gents and ladies.

I am finding tremendous comfort in knowing what our team accomplished this year...and the manner in which they accomplished it. They have been a class act all the way around and my hope is that this will continue and eventually develop into the core of our program.

Hard work and pride on their part and on those who will replace them will pay off in the end.

We didn't get the orange bowl this year. I'm as frustrated as the next season holding fan out there...but we need to press on and prove oursevles worthy. Apparently some people still haven't gotten the message that this is a program worthy of respect. That tells me it will just take more time.

Let Corso and Street and the other jokers who aren't in the trenches stink it up on TV...Auburn is busy pounding out win after win after win...eventually the world will wake up to the Auburn Tigers.

Guys, I have completely changed my tune.  I just knew that if we went through this schedule undefeated, eventually the country would have to take notice and put us in the OB.  Bottom line is, we didn't blow it in the Bama game or the UT game or anywhere else.  Forget Corso, Turdstreet and the rest of em'.  We could have beaten Bama and UT both by 42-7 and we were NEVER going to get in, PERIOD.

The voters who gave USC and OU the #1 & #2 rankings were not going to move either of those two out unless they lost.  Why would they not want their preseason picks to come true?  They didn't drop USC when they needed a horrific call to go in their favor to beat Va. Tech.  They didn't drop em' when a 4-7 Stanford team RIPPED em' a new one for one half and they sure didn't drop em' when they held on for dear life to beat a 6-5, unranked UCLA.  And don't get me started on OU's run to the OB.  It was USC and OU from the start and there's no way these a-holes were going to let Auburn fight from 17th or 18th and jump either one.

129445[/snapback]

Well we did move to second in one of the polls after we beat UGA. I think that we might have jumped OU if we had blown out Bama and UT. I don't think they were gonna move USC at all just because of what happened last year, which sucks.

Corso made me so angry tonight. I am not sure if those idiots think before they talk. Corso stated that since Auburn did not handily beat Tennessee he had to drop them to number three. Ok, I understand that. However, USC barely squeeked by UCLA and did not play a good game. Why doesn't he drop them also? It makes no sense.

This whole thing is a sham. I feel absolutely terrible for Auburn's football team, especially the seniors who have worked so hard. College football is nothing but politics.

129442[/snapback]

He says that he has to drop Auburn because of the 2ND HALF against Tenn, but when asked about USC and their game against UCLA he says that you have to look at it as a rivalry game and take the SEASON AS A WHOLE. Total BS

Archived