Seems to me

ronau57

uat has an easy schedule but I still see some losses in their record. One thing I am confident in is that saben will not beat Gus. As I have said before go back and look at the past. 2009 we dressed 60 something scholarship players for the uat game and had them beat. It was Chizik's decision to go into prevent for most of the 4th quarter and let uat come back and win it with a minute plus left, and we still drove the field and almost won it. In 2010 we went ahead 28 to 27 with 10 minutes left and again Chizik went into prevent and didn't let Gus do his job. In 2011 Gus wasn't even involved in calling the offense by the uat game. Last year uat had one of the best teams of saben's run and we beat them. This year we will be better on both sides of the ball and uat will be worse. You cannot replace leaders like CJ Mosley or AJ. There is no way Gus loses to them this year. You can talk all you want about talent and they do get good players but not any better than AU does. The difference in the top ten recruiting classes is about who the media determines who is first best or second best player at each position and a lot of that is garbage. Get one of the top players in the country and coach them up and they will be winners. We can win them all this year. Could we struggle on the road at some point ? Yes. But it will more likely be Ole Miss or UGA that runs offense that can stay with us that could beat us. saben is about defense and his defense cannot stop Gus. Nuff said !!! WDE Bring on the Pigs.

By the time the Iron Bowl comes around Bama will be a legit team. Nobody will be rookies by then.

Alabama has proven for the last 6 or so years that they can lose however many starters and it doesn't make an impact. If Auburn had won 10+ games a year since 2008 all the Auburn fans here, if in Alabama's situation today, would be claiming "guys, we are too deep. We are stacked with talent. Sure, who wouldn't want to return starters, but at Auburn it isn't a cause for concern."

When Alabama, under Nick Saban, has a season where losing half their starters from the previous season, doesn't contend for a title then we can talk. Especially when it happens frequently. Until then you have to assume they will just reload / restock their talent each and every year. I recall back in 2011 when AJ took over QB duties and we all felt he was untested and they win a freaking national championship. While I am happy they need a new QB this year, it hasn't proven disastrous in the past for them.

Kifin wasn't there last year so you can't really think they will be as good. Im sure he will find a way to lose at least 2 games, just because he is a coach!

Archived