*OFFICIAL JESSE PALMER IS A HORRIBLE COMMENTATOR THREAD*

Barnacle

Seemed to me that they were using our penetration against us by trapping us and allowing our guys to run themselves out of the play.

exactly. we adjusted very well but i dont see why it too so long to do it.

Did anyone catch the comment in the first half when Jesse was discussing how 5 different coaches clocked Corey Grant at such a great 40 time? Jesse said: "you people at home can believe what you want but I have allot of trouble believing this".

Really Jesse? So all five Auburn coaches are not telling the truth? Really?

Did anyone catch the comment in the first half when Jesse was discussing how 5 different coaches clocked Corey Grant at such a great 40 time? Jesse said: "you people at home can believe what you want but I have allot of trouble believing this".

Stop being so hypersensitive. He said 5 different coaches all clocked him at sub 4.2 speed, and offered that as evidence that it wasn't just one guy fudging the numbers. That's insane fast, and until it's confirmed with laser timing, I'm skeptical. It's well known that human timed speeds tend to be lower than laser timed. He's not accusing anyone of lying.

Stop being so hypersensitive. He said 5 different coaches all clocked him at sub 4.2 speed, and offered that as evidence that it wasn't just one guy fudging the numbers. That's insane fast, and until it's confirmed with laser timing, I'm skeptical. It's well known that human timed speeds tend to be lower than laser timed. He's not accusing anyone of lying.

I don't think AU-24 is being hypersensitive at all. I interpreted it the same way ...as did probably 90% of the fans watching the game. Jesse Palmer is a pretty boy Douchebag that has at times gone out of his way to find a negative point of Auburn. He's a TOOL. .and as a somewhat knowledgeable football guy, I take nothing he says as enlightening at all. It's one thing to be a homer, but what Jesse does is in a class by itself.

What do you expect? He's from Canada, they don't even know how long a football field is supposed to be.

Yes we do! Our really, really good Canadian beverages led to those different rules coming about. (Or abooot). :cheers:

Glad there's an "official" Jesse Palmer is a horrible commentator thread, there are hundreds of unofficial ones floating around the internet. Justin Bieber, now this.

fwiw, over the years I've noticed media skepticism, perhaps valid, re sub 4.2 times clocked for Bo, Grant (and I think I remember for Alexander Wright). I've never EVER heard Dion Sanders sub 4.2 time questioned though although it used to be a talked about a lot and is still occasionally mentioned by talking heads. That goes for a variety of Miami players in the 1980s too. Maybe we don't fit a pre-conceived program mold?

I don't think AU-24 is being hypersensitive at all. I interpreted it the same way ...as did probably 90% of the fans watching the game. Jesse Palmer is a pretty boy Douchebag that has at times gone out of his way to find a negative point of Auburn. He's a TOOL. .and as a somewhat knowledgeable football guy, I take nothing he says as enlightening at all. It's one thing to be a homer, but what Jesse does is in a class by itself.

What evidence do you have that 90% of fans took it the same way you and AU-24 did? Yes, Jesse Palmer is sometimes a jerk, and no, he has not yet bought into Auburn as an elite program, but that does not mean that every word out of his mouth is tinged with an anti-Auburn bias. It is well known that hand-timed speeds are generally more favorable to the athlete than laser-timed speeds. Being skeptical of world-beating hand-timed speeds does not imply that those doing the timing are lying.

What evidence do you have that 90% of fans took it the same way you and AU-24 did? Yes, Jesse Palmer is sometimes a jerk, and no, he has not yet bought into Auburn as an elite program, but that does not mean that every word out of his mouth is tinged with an anti-Auburn bias. It is well known that hand-timed speeds are generally more favorable to the athlete than laser-timed speeds. Being skeptical of world-beating hand-timed speeds does not imply that those doing the timing are lying.

Our points:

(1) I believe the 90% was an approximate, to make a point, that you refuse to listen to, in your unending, nerve racking, constant, defense of all things BSPN, including Jesse! Can you at least please try to understand how you "come across" to the majority of us?

(2) What evidence do you have that all five stop-watches and coaches holding them were dead wrong? No one is arguing that a hand-held device, is more accurate or the same as a laser timed. The point is: "5 different coaches, 5 different hand held devices" all coming-up sub 4.2. Do you feel there is even a slight chance he may have run a sub 4.2?

The overall point then becomes: With the entire nation watching and listening to Jesse (including High School recruits); the 40 time is stated by Jesse in a way that it just can't be true. Really Jesse, prove it then! Can Jesse and you at least say something like: Wow, that Auburn guy is really fast, he may have possibly run a sub 4.2 forty, however it wasn't laser timed, but it was timed by five different coaches sub 4.2.

It is/was presented in a bias way, that in no way could be true. That is our point.

(1) I believe the 90% was an approximate, to make a point, that you refuse to listen to, in your unending, nerve racking, constant, defense of all things BSPN, including Jesse! Can you at least please try to understand how you "come across" to the majority of us?

Based on what, exactly? Judging from the posters on this board, I'd put the percentage at closer to 50/50, and that's among rabid Auburn fans. Can you at least please try to understand that you come across as a hypersensitive, whining conspiracy theorist to the other half of us?

(2) What evidence do you have that all five stop-watches and coaches holding them were dead wrong? No one is arguing that a hand-held device, is more accurate or the same as a laser timed. The point is: "5 different coaches, 5 different hand held devices" all coming-up sub 4.2. Do you feel there is even a slight chance he may have run a sub 4.2?

How about the fact that almost every 40 time clocked at the NFL Combine is slower than those reported by their schools/coaches. Being skeptical of a hand-timed speed is not equivalent to accusing the one(s) doing the timing of lying. Yes, there is a chance he actually runs a sub-4.2 40, but until he does it at the Combine, as much as I would love it to be true, I am skeptical. That doesn't mean he's not one of the fastest players in college football.

The overall point then becomes: With the entire nation watching and listening to Jesse (including High School recruits); the 40 time is stated by Jesse in a way that it just can't be true.

I heard this live, and I just didn't interpret it that way. I heard him say that it was actually 5 different coaches as though to reinforce the fact that it wasn't just one outlier manipulating the time. He's right to be skeptical. There have been other fast players with recorded sub-4.2 times that didn't run that fast at the Combine. Perhaps he could have worded it more delicately, but I don't think he intended anything negative by it, hence my initial response to you about being hypersensitive.

Screw Luginbill and Palmer - I want to see AU-24 and WarEagle84 fight it out! Last word wins =)

Screw Luginbill and Palmer - I want to see AU-24 and WarEagle84 fight it out! Last word wins =)

Now that is a good one! :)

]]

I caught it, got a whiff of Jesse, and I completely agree with the OP. I disagree with "all commentators are like that, blah, blah" because it's just not true. They may "all" be ODIOUS, or they may all be "fair and balanced" , but not in the same way. When you insult the veracity of five people who have superior experience over your own, not only do you look foolish, but you appear completely biased. There are incompetent talking heads, and there are BIASED incompetent talking heads. Saturday's not Jesse's first dig at Auburn. I would love to see Jesse try to overtake the dust left behind by Corey Grant...even the particle closest to him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How he got this game, I'll never know. War Eagle anyway.

Because it's an Auburn game. For some sick twisted reason, he loves calling Auburn games. :dunno:

Jesse is an idiot....exclaimed with some derision in his voice that AU looked to be conceding the game when Gus did not call time out late in the game....said something to the effect that you never know what can happen.

True perhaps but perhaps he also failed to notice that we were 3 touchdowns behind with less than 50 seconds to play and one time out. A pointless sneer IMO....but that's Jesse.

I tell you Danny Kannell is the absolute worst out there but damn if jesse Palmer isn't doing his part in claiming the worst broadcaster/analyst on tv. The thing those two come up with just boggles the mind. If you didn't actually see them play you would never know either of them had ever stepped on a football field in their lives. They are totally football stupid for two people that actually played the game.

The other night, Kannell while broadcasting a game was responding to a flag thrown. The penalty was for an ineligible downfield. Before the announcement he says, not sure what this flag could be for, then when its announced, he said: "Well, we certainly don't see that one called very often". HUH? What a complete idiot. Ineligible downfield happens all the time in football. What is that guy thinking? Totally clueless.

I dislike most "color" commentators because they feel they have to fill up the dead time. The game is enough. Especially a big game. Say something when you have something to add, and shut the heck up if you don't. People tuned in to WATCH football. The pageantry can't be seen if we're looking at a pretty face and cannot be heard if he is spouting nonsense constantly.

I dislike most "color" commentators because they feel they have to fill up the dead time. The game is enough. Especially a big game. Say something when you have something to add, and shut the heck up if you don't. People tuned in to WATCH football. The pageantry can't be seen if we're looking at a pretty face and cannot be heard if he is spouting nonsense constantly.

^^^^^^ This !!! I get sooooooooooooo tired of listening to Jesse Palmer just rattling on and on and on. The guy doesn't know when to shut up and let us just watch the game. Unfortunately he seems to call all our games on SECN.

Yeah. The moron commented way early how Williams didn't seem to be affected by his knee. Then a little further along, on a missed pass, Williams was feeling the affects of the knee. Then, still in the first qtr, after a nice catch, Palmer states that nothing is wrong with Williams knee.

Its as if he can't remember the first lie he told so he continues to tell more.

Him and Danny Kannel are fighting each other to be the absolute worst on tv. For two players that played major division 1 football, they know very little about the game. As pointed out above, palmer just changes his story every time to fit what happened on one particular play. If the pass is incomplete, we see Williams still struggling with knee issues, never mind the fact that he had to stretch as far as he could to even get a hand on it. Palmer and Kannel are totally clueless when it comes to the game.

Archived