Jeremy Johnson

RunInRed

Anybody that types out sigh on a message board clearly thinks too much of themselves and should be laughed at, I'm not going to say anything else about it but when he does show he can run don't be mad at the I told you so

who are you even talking to?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody that types out sigh on a message board clearly thinks too much of themselves and should be laughed at, I'm not going to say anything else about it but when he does show he can run don't be mad at the I told you so

Gus is hampering him by not allowing him to run the read options...or adopting the offense to him not running... The read option is a dead play(somewhat) without the option of the QB to run, causing the stops on 3rd and short... Either change the play calling , or adopt....

But JJ was fabulous....

Bump!

^^I think you guys are arguing about two different things...

Or arguing just to argue.

Surely no Auburn fan has to explain to another how average talent rises and relative talent diminishes as athletes progress to higher echelons of competition.

Exactly so that being the case there can't be any logic of saying yeah he could run but now he can't.....it's the SEC

Yeah, ummm, nobody said that. All that was said is just because he ran well in HS is no guarantee he will in the SEC. No one has said he can't or won't.

Here's an idea, don't get mad, but when it comes to posting think more and post less. You are like a machine gun of posting nonsense and half sense.

Surely no Auburn fan has to explain to another how average talent rises and relative talent diminishes as athletes progress to higher echelons of competition.

Exactly so that being the case there can't be any logic of saying yeah he could run but now he can't.....it's the SEC

Yeah, ummm, nobody said that. All that was said is just because he ran well in HS is no guarantee he will in the SEC. No one has said he can't or won't.

Here's an idea, don't get mad, but when it comes to posting think more and post less. You are like a machine gun of posting nonsense and half sense.

Now that's some good stuff right there

machine gun

speaking of...

BwTo-HMCEAAGNYK.jpg

booya

I guarantee you, somebody this season will buy a ticket that they would not have otherwise... because T-SHIRT GATLING BAZOOKA.

Booya, indeed.

I tried my best to ignore you but you have one more insult b4 I have you crying to a mod....now try me....

I tried my best to ignore you but you have one more insult b4 I have you crying to a mod....now try me....

Kisses bicep

IMHO I think Gus might not have let JJ run for a couple of reasons and neither of them are b/c he isn't capable of running the read option very well. The first reason would be that there was no reason to do so bc he was passing the ball well and Gus wanted to give our RBs a chance to show what they have in live game. The second is that Jeremy might be just as, if not more so, effective at running the read option and by letting JJ run the read option, it would be opening up a big can of worms in the form of a QB controversy. If Jeremy showed that he can run the read option as well as Nick but as an inside runner with the RB going wide, AND he obviously has the edge in passing, many would question why he isnt the starter. Just my thoughts

IMHO I think Gus might not have let JJ run for a couple of reasons and neither of them are b/c he isn't capable of running the read option very well. The first reason would be that there was no reason to do so bc he was passing the ball well and Gus wanted to give our RBs a chance to show what they have in live game. The second is that Jeremy might be just as, if not more so, effective at running the read option and by letting JJ run the read option, it would be opening up a big can of worms in the form of a QB controversy. If Jeremy showed that he can run the read option as well as Nick but as an inside runner with the RB going wide, AND he obviously has the edge in passing, many would question why he isnt the starter. Just my thoughts

If JJ were as good or better at running the read option than NM, then he would already be our starter. It is no secret that JJ is already a more proficient passer than NM. But NM is a better quarterback for THIS offense, and thus our starter, precisely because he is so masterful at running the read option. And that is by no means a slight towards JJ. JJ probably can and will run the read option at some point, and will probably do so well. But Nick is just on a different level. He is a quick as a whip and elusive as a damn squirrel when he's running the ball and picking through defenders. I'm sure JJ will run the ball just fine, but NM's skill set as a runner is the kinda special we probably won't see again for quite some time.

If JJ were as good or better at running the read option than NM, then he would already be our starter. It is no secret that JJ is already a more proficient passer than NM. But NM is a better quarterback for THIS offense, and thus our starter, precisely because he is so masterful at running the read option. And that is by no means a slight towards JJ. JJ probably can and will run the read option at some point, and will probably do so well. But Nick is just on a different level. He is a quick as a whip and elusive as a damn squirrel when he's running the ball and picking through defenders. I'm sure JJ will run the ball just fine, but NM's skill set as a runner is the kinda special we probably won't see again for quite some time.

yep and Nick's ability to make plays when it breaks down goes a long way. JJ just needs more reps, Nick's instincts really go a long way. Excited to see Nick keep improving as a passer. I really think he has a shot of putting up big numbers.

Archived