Alternate Unis

PatBoCamRob

I like it. That Alternate Uniform really isn't that bad. I'm 54 and I do remember those orange jersey we would wear from time to time. I also remember those orange facemasks we had from 1977 through 1983.

It looks like us older fans, who remember the "good old days" of orange jerseys and orange facemasks are the more open-minded. Young stick-in-the-muds.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just say no to this particular flavor of alternates. Reminiscent of Halloween candy corn.

Accessing chronological up time value.........................

Error. Value not found

I want to see UnderArmor's uniform concepts for AU, not some blogger "obsessed with alternate uniforms." They went off the deep end with Maryland's, but so what -- what's the harm in seeing what they come up with? Class of '79.

I'm 30, and there is no chance I'd want to see those jerseys in Jordan-Hare. I could maybe get on board with it if we were to wear these as an alternative away jersey, but even then, it would only be as a change of pace kind of thing.

I'm not completely shut off to the idea, but as someone above stated, I think it would be a good idea to let the good folks at UA put together a concept. They've been itching to do so for a while now, and all we would have to do is say no. I think the fact that we've nixed the idea to this point is a big enough hint that we're not looking for Maryland 2.0. Something that livens things up a bit and gets the boys excited, whilst paying homage to tradition in some way is worth looking into.

29, thrice divorced, and living in a van down by the river.

The only thing I think I'd like to see is maybe a new helmet design for 1 game...The A with the eagle flying through it. Keep it white w/ the orange and blue stripes. Just change out the interlocking AU with the A with the eagle.

Oh...and maybe an orange facemask <<<<<But not really.

Not for changing the uni's at all. The only ones I have seen that did look remotely good however, are the solid blue ones Under Armour showed a concept of a couple of years ago.

And all blue alternate for maybe one game a year would be killer. Other than that, I love our classic unis.

We have to remember--the kids working their asses off to make us proud are all 18-22. Little things like a special jersey can pump them up. Why not..?

I'm not against an alternate jersey once a year. I love our uni's but if it helps with recruiting then why not. The uni would have to be alot flashier than those orange and blue ones to grab any recruits attention I think.

Class of 64...I still don't understand why they ruined our great helmets with those big cages over the front? And who came up with the idea of doing away with those great looking high top black leather shoes? :)

44 and born a Tiger. I don't like this alternate uni for us. I do like some of the others -- especially Miss State, which is a huge improvement over their current one.

Agreed. Some of those ( State, OM, Florida, Kentucky) looked really good. I'd absolutely be open to us wearing some kind of alternate, just not that...and not all blue.

If someone can come up with something that is tasteful and not orange, I would be open to the idea of one game a year with alternate uniforms. It would have to be really good though. 48 years old here

42 and class of 94. Guess I have always been a fan of an alternative uni. I really haven't seen one that I could love yet but hey always open to the idea. I think if they did it, I would like to see the current players on the team decide the schemes. Much better for the guys that shed the blood, sweat and hopefully only happy tears in them to choose what they look like. Instead of us old " out of touch " fans deciding what's acceptable. Plus would be awesome for future recruits to know they could possibly choose the unis for one game in their career.

Class of 88 so I'm an old guy, while I love our classic unis they aren't classic to my Dad, and today branding is an important part in attracting young players and flashy new unis can be a small piece of the puzzle. I see nothing wrong with the team picking out alternate uniform to spice it up every once in a while.

Ok I am 52 and a traditionalist. I like our uniforms but with that said how about once a year trying some old throwback uniforms that are designed to honor classic teams. I am referring to some of the very early teams. Perhaps this could be done every year at homecoming...

Ok I am 52 and a traditionalist. I like our uniforms but with that said how about once a year trying some old throwback uniforms that are designed to honor classic teams. I am referring to some of the very early teams. Perhaps this could be done every year at homecoming...

That is something I can definitely go for. There was a discussion last year about wearing uniforms honoring the 1913 team. Would kinda like to have seen that come about.

That is something I can definitely go for. There was a discussion last year about wearing uniforms honoring the 1913 team. Would kinda like to have seen that come about.

That idea is great. Did it ever get to the administration or just here on the board. Cause I'd send an email of support to auburn for that idea

That idea is great. Did it ever get to the administration or just here on the board. Cause I'd send an email of support to auburn for that idea

I don't know if it ever got to the admin or not. I don't recall hearing anything from anyone at Auburn about it, just a discussion on this board.

I know its been mentioned. But I would love to see the retro jerseys from yhe years of coach Jordan and coach heisman. I feel strongly that it would be a really cool tribute to the tradition of the auburn tigers.

Archived