I'm Taking Cowbells With Me!

AUenginerd

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hope all AU fans will ring them only when MSU is on offense and don't get our team penalized. Be smart with them guys and gals and maybe the league office will decide how unfair these are to the rest of the SEC and ban them for good.

The visiting team can't be penalized for crowd noise at all. If the stadium security didn't stop our people from ringing them, even if it's the detriment of the home team, the penalty would still be against the home team.

To my knowledge the SEC has never penalized MSU on the field for ringing their cowbells. They are fined every year but I have never heard of them being penalized on the field.

I seem to remember an Auburn - Mississippi State game back in the Tuberville era where they were penalized for cowbells on the opening kickoff or the kickoff after halftime.

MSU AD, Scott Stricklin, weighs in ...

@cg993 they say imitation is best form of flattery. Not concerned

@stricklinMSU

Pretty cool how organic this all started on this board ... :big:

So they believe that it is cool to do something that is blatantly against the rules and it is worthy of imitation. Cool

So let me get this straight: Auburn sees an Eagle fly over head and wins they game and that becomes a tradition, MSU is playing Ole Miss and a cow walks on the field and they beat Ole Miss and the Cow becomes their tradition and the tradition migrates to the cow bell instead of bringing a cow to the games.

Sigh

Dawg Walk: Oh your welcome we are very flattered

What are the State fans saying about it? Are they trying to stop AU fans from bringing them?

They are PO'd. I live in MS and have a lot of bulldog friends. My phone is ringing off the hook asking me who the h*** we think we are. I can see this being turned around on us and used as motivation. This may be the first case of a fan base giving the opposing team bulletin board material.

What are the State fans saying about it? Are they trying to stop AU fans from bringing them?

They are PO'd. I live in MS and have a lot of bulldog friends. My phone is ringing off the hook asking me who the h*** we think we are. I can see this being turned around on us and used as motivation. This may be the first case of a fan base giving the opposing team bulletin board material.

If they are pissed well good. As for it being a motivating factor for the players and the team, I doubt it. If they need that to get them fired up to play Auburn then they have bigger issues than cowbells. This is strictly between the fans. I could turn around and ask them the same question. Who the hell do they think they are that they are entitled to bring those things in and use them during a game. They know it's against the rules to use them while play is on but they do it anyway and probably would yell foul if the referee actually called a penalty on MSU because of it. So screw them.

AU fans should ring them loud and clear especially during portions of the game where you are not "allowed" to ring them. It will be assumed that it is MSU ppl doing it due to it being in their stadium and they will be penalized LOLOL. And ringing them during MSU's possessions also. In the very least it will annoy the MSU fans around you.

Funny as crap if with all this and all the attention NO ONE (AU FANS) show up with a single dang cowbell.

Funny as crap if with all this and all the attention NO ONE (AU FANS) show up with a single dang cowbell.

It would be funny, I agree. It would also be way better than actually showing up with them for a lot of other reasons.

I can tell you from attending games at MSU that sitting among cowbell ringing fans is a headache, it doesn't matter what team they're yelling for. Plus, the rules there now are that when the center is over the ball the ringing has to stop and they tell people "JUST YELL" and from what heard on TV last weekend, they were doing a pretty good job of it. I kind of doubt there'll be enough Auburn cowbell ringers there to cause any problem for the State offense, I mean they live with it all the time after all. As for the Auburn fans sitting near me, I hope they don't bring bells. I hate the darn things no matter what color they are.

I really hope I don't see some of you guys looking like this on Saturday...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA **GASP** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

I really hope I don't see some of you guys looking like this on Saturday...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA **GASP** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

Now that's funny LOL!

Archived