I'm Taking Cowbells With Me!

AUenginerd

Well I'll be their new club level they opened up so doubt there are going to be many Auburn folks around me. If I started ringing a bell I'm sure I would get some choice words.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give em bell you War Dam& Eagles!

Be gracious Auburn fans and ring bell according to rules! Stop a second before MSU snap. It is all good fun! (Quote at will and emphasize last sentence.)

Let our defense know you are there! Yell louder than the bell. Word to our players, get fired up at noise when we are on defense.

miss-state-cowbell.gif

Oh my, I am rethinking this cowbell thing...is that what we want to look like? lol

Well, Maybe you should try..

.. if you can pull off the look in white

(And not the one waving his udder)

MAYBE Auburn is just applying the "when in Rome" rule where the cowbells are concerned. How honored they must feel that we "dress appropriately" when we enter their stadium. :jossun: I don't imagine there is anything in their stadium by-laws that says that MSU fans are the ONLY ONES who can ring them. Completely different from rolling trees or picnicking in the Grove. You can't claim an advantage and call it a tradition. If it levels the playing field and takes a little fun out of their game (and it must, hence all the press and negative vibe about it), then keep calm and clang on! I'm guessing they would prefer this instead?

monkey-playing-cymbals.jpg

If they took my cowbell as I was entering the stadium I would get the Athletic Department and the President of the school with my lawyer on the horn and require everyone to give them up. If one person can enter all can enter that is discrimination, just saying if they want a major lawsuit on their hands so be it.

I am going to the game and I would prefer not to hear them period. They are annoying and should not be allowed. I hope that we do what we did against LSU and the bells will take care of themselves. I think Mr. Slive will wish he had never allowed these to be used in the stadium.

That is the whole point. The SEC should never have allowed that exemption to be put in place. They have abused it to no end and it's time to just take the toys away from the spoiled little brats.

What happens if DWS Security tries to confiscate the Auburn cowbells?

I say let them confiscate it, and use your cell phone to record them doing so. Then use your cell phone to also record them allowing MSU fans to take theirs into the stadium. It would go viral I'm sure. If it were done right, I'm sure it would end up on ESPN or the SEC Network, and the SEC would have to do something - if only allow opposing teams from here on out to have cowbells as well. Otherwise, everyone can say the SEC is intentionally giving a team an unfair advantage - which really they are.

I say let them confiscate it, and use your cell phone to record them doing so. Then use your cell phone to also record them allowing MSU fans to take theirs into the stadium. It would go viral I'm sure. If it were done right, I'm sure it would end up on ESPN or the SEC Network, and the SEC would have to do something - if only allow opposing teams from here on out to have cowbells as well. Otherwise, everyone can say the SEC is intentionally giving a team an unfair advantage - which really they are.

To be fair, the SEC office isn't giving the team the right to bring the cowbells in. The other 13 SEC schools voted for MSU to keep the cowbells as long as they "ring responsibly". So realistically, at any point the schools could vote to take that away from MSU as well.

^This

To be fair, the SEC office isn't giving the team the right to bring the cowbells in. The other 13 SEC schools voted for MSU to keep the cowbells as long as they "ring responsibly". So realistically, at any point the schools could vote to take that away from MSU as well.

But I doubt the other schools will vote against it in the future. It seems only AU fans have an issue with them and I'm sure that's only because we play them tomorrow. In other words, I don't think any team gives a rats rearend about them clanking those damn things unless your team has to play in their stadium. :dunno:

Dangit, I wish it would create a new page already. Every time I click on this thread it's stuck on page 18 and I'm greeted with the fat guy ringing his bell!!

Dangit, I wish it would create a new page already. Every time I click on this thread it's stuck on page 18 and I'm greeted with the fat guy ringing his bell!!

Ah, finally....

But I doubt the other schools will vote against it in the future. It seems only AU fans have an issue with them and I'm sure that's only because we play them tomorrow. In other words, I don't think any team gives a rats rearend about them clanking those damn things unless your team has to play in their stadium. :dunno:/>

4 teams from the conference have to go there every year. I think a lot of people around the league are tired of that. We are just the first ones with the cajones to speak up and do something about it. If the league would enforce the rule and penalize MSU when their fans deliberately ring them while the other team is on offense, it would stop. They won't do it. With the extra attention it has gotten, it may cause them to do it finally or maybe even cause their people to do it only when they are allowed to. I wouldn't bet on it though.

In other words, I don't think any team gives a rats rearend about them clanking those damn things unless your team has to play in their stadium. :dunno:/>

That's the whole problem. It's an unfair advantage for them, at their house, due to not following the rule that allowed them to be there in the first place. It doesn't benefit them on away games as no other stadiums/schools allow artificial noise makers. If the SEC won't enforce that, then turnaround is fair play.

I'm sure Gus and Jay Jacobs have reminded the SEC what the rules are on the cowbells. I think this is evident by the AD at Mississippi reminding everyone to "ring responsibly," as I'm sure the SEC office contacted him. If a few Auburn fans bring cowbells and try to ring them at the game here's what's going to happen.

1. We are going to look stupid.

2. We could potentially get flagged and then look really stupid.

3. We aren't going to create enough noise to distract MSU.

Let the people with influence handle the BS cowbells they ring. Don't bring one and look like an idiot...please.

I'm sure Gus and Jay Jacobs have reminded the SEC what the rules are on the cowbells. I think this is evident by the AD at Mississippi reminding everyone to "ring responsibly," as I'm sure the SEC office contacted him. If a few Auburn fans bring cowbells and try to ring them at the game here's what's going to happen.

1. We are going to look stupid.

2. We could potentially get flagged and then look really stupid.

3. We aren't going to create enough noise to distract MSU.

Let the people with influence handle the BS cowbells they ring. Don't bring one and look like an idiot...please.

take them but do it at the appropriate times. If we had not got this going and the attention it brought, nothing would have been done.

But I doubt the other schools will vote against it in the future. It seems only AU fans have an issue with them and I'm sure that's only because we play them tomorrow. In other words, I don't think any team gives a rats rearend about them clanking those damn things unless your team has to play in their stadium. :dunno:/>

4 teams from the conference have to go there every year. I think a lot of people around the league are tired of that. We are just the first ones with the cajones to speak up and do something about it. If the league would enforce the rule and penalize MSU when their fans deliberately ring them while the other team is on offense, it would stop. They won't do it. With the extra attention it has gotten, it may cause them to do it finally or maybe even cause their people to do it only when they are allowed to. I wouldn't bet on it though.

The problem is there is no clause in the rule for penalizing the team on the field. The only penalty is a fine at the end of the season for each game in which an offense occurred. Until the SEC penalizes the offending team on the field with an Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty every time they ring unresponsibly, it will continue. The fans in the stands couldn't care less about a $5000 fine to the university.

So how you guys doin' with those cowbells you bought? Or did you toss them in the dumpsters on the way out of the cracker box Davis Wade Stadium, home of the nations top ranked team these days. I tell you what I'll do to help you out. If you still have your cowbells in working order, I'll buy them off you for half what you paid for them...huh...how's that ? I'm gonna paint them bad boys with a shiny coat of maroon and put on some nice MSU Bulldog stickers and sell them for nice money outside of that same David Wade stadium at their next home game. A man gotta make some cash you know. Hey you guys shouldn't feel too bad. You had Cam Newton a few years ago that you were able to lure away from Dan Mullen. Then Dan Mullen plucked Dak right out from under Les Miles nose. The times they are a changin'. It's become obvious that having the 80 or 100 thousand seat stadium and drawing all the 4 and 5 star recruits doesn't guarantee you to have the best team. The staff at MSU is beating people with 3 star recruits, many from small rural school that probably used things like logs or sandbags in their weight training. All the SEC schools can now afford the best facilities, your advantages there are gone now. The big swing factors now are getting those blessed few special players that have the gifts of "never quit attitude", "relentless devotion to training and practicing as you play", "smart enough to keep your nose clean...no dope, no signing for $", and those are the easy, teachable aspects. The biggest swing factors are getting those rare players .that are big enough and smart enough to both know how to make pinpoint passes, recognize defenses, and just flat run over people. It seems there's been 3 of those in recent years: Tebow, Cam, and now Dak. Hmm...what do all 3 of those players have in common? I suspect the next big, strong, smart, multi-threat quarterback out there somewhere is looking at one university in particular...oh, and it ain't Auburn. It's been fun....GET REAL

So how you guys doin' with those cowbells you bought? Or did you toss them in the dumpsters on the way out of the cracker box Davis Wade Stadium, home of the nations top ranked team these days. I tell you what I'll do to help you out. If you still have your cowbells in working order, I'll buy them off you for half what you paid for them...huh...how's that ? I'm gonna paint them bad boys with a shiny coat of maroon and put on some nice MSU Bulldog stickers and sell them for nice money outside of that same David Wade stadium at their next home game. A man gotta make some cash you know. Hey you guys shouldn't feel too bad. You had Cam Newton a few years ago that you were able to lure away from Dan Mullen. Then Dan Mullen plucked Dak right out from under Les Miles nose. The times they are a changin'. It's become obvious that having the 80 or 100 thousand seat stadium and drawing all the 4 and 5 star recruits doesn't guarantee you to have the best team. The staff at MSU is beating people with 3 star recruits, many from small rural school that probably used things like logs or sandbags in their weight training. All the SEC schools can now afford the best facilities, your advantages there are gone now. The big swing factors now are getting those blessed few special players that have the gifts of "never quit attitude", "relentless devotion to training and practicing as you play", "smart enough to keep your nose clean...no dope, no signing for $", and those are the easy, teachable aspects. The biggest swing factors are getting those rare players .that are big enough and smart enough to both know how to make pinpoint passes, recognize defenses, and just flat run over people. It seems there's been 3 of those in recent years: Tebow, Cam, and now Dak. Hmm...what do all 3 of those players have in common? I suspect the next big, strong, smart, multi-threat quarterback out there somewhere is looking at one university in particular...oh, and it ain't Auburn. It's been fun....GET REAL

Your team won. Congratulations. Now try being more than a one hit wonder.

Honestly both players stat wise matched up very closely. Dak wasn't head and shoulders better than Marshall. It was all the things around the game that made you guys better.

Dak is a good player though. Very capable as a runner. Nothing against him, just saying he didn't do that much better than Marshall. Your overall gameplan went better than ours and your team came out more polished than ours. You guys did more with turn overs than we did.

Congratulations. The team that you pull for won last week. How nice for you. Too bad though about America's perception of MSU after y'all had to follow Ole Miss on College Football Gameday. They will be talking about the Ole Miss visit with awe and respect for ages, while I still haven't heard anything about MSU except for those bells. Enjoy #1 while it lasts. The MSU football team earned it.

Act like you've been here before....oh wait you never have! Good luck to MSU and all the great things success brings. Probably find out your program isn't as squeaky clean as you think it is with all this winning.

Yeah, Dan almost bought Cam....wonder how much Dak cost?

Archived