"Post" Birth Abortion Gaining Ground

Weegle777

Texan4Auburn....nice to see a post with some substance this late. It beats the children playing (LOL).

I'll second this emotion... Great points.

One thing in video, this guy is trying to get her to commit to a answer that she admits she doesn't know the answer to. He wants some type of medical excuse, and she says I can't answer that as I am not a doctor and do not know what medical emergency would demand that action.

Mean what if there is some incurable, there is no vaccination, highly contagious disease, that results in painful deaths. So the newborn would physically suffer and letting it live actually endangers the rest of the world population. What do people really think is going to happen?

Can anyone here actually say that at no time in the future of the world there will ever be a medical reason that a infants life should be ended within minutes after its birth?

The one thing I always find fascinating about this argument with abortion is that those that are against abortion and fight for the child while in the womb, are the same people that will turn on many of these children once they are out of the womb. You know, the ones that start having to depend on tax payers money to sustain their survival in medical care and nutrition. Many are the same people that do not want their tax money going to birth control for others either.

So what is the answer outside of responsibility? Which while a great concept, responsibility is not going to get it done in today's society. I don't see that changing either.

So what is the answer for this group of people, you don't want money going to birth-control, you don't want the life of a child ended in the womb at any point, then you don't want the child living off the tax payers money (which the child has no choice or say in that matter)?

Should the ability to have a child be regulated, and having a child without a license is illegal and worthy of fines or jail?

All men are snipped upon the ability to produce sperm? Then upon entering a marriage and reaching a particular financial stability the family is approved for a number of children. The snipping is reversed, and the family are allowed to have their child. The male is then re-snipped after impregnating his wife? Children outside of marriage come with fines and potential jail time as would black market sperm. The later snipping of course being paid for by the family, as that would be part of the financial evaluation. Course success rate after is very low. Maybe you donate a couple of cups pre-snip just in case that you get back. Then who knows maybe approved singles can purchase from this bank also.

I mean people don't like providing birth control, and they don't like abortions, and they don't like people with children that can't afford them. So what is the answer? Regulation of sex?

Course one thing they could do is make the ability for older couples to adopt infants easier. Marriages are occurring later in life, people are interested in being single parents at later ages, etc. I have family members that started trying to adopt in their late 30's and adoption within the United States was very difficult for them in regards to infants, as it is for all those that wish to adopt in their late 30's and beyond. They went outside the United States (which is a common thing) to adopt newborns due to this.

Mean I just find it absolutely fascinating the turn of the tide once the child is out of the womb. Probably cause once out of the womb they stop becoming a worthy life with great potential and become a burden on the taxpayer.

I find it fascinating how the idea that those of us that oppose abortion abandon the children once they are born. It's really amazing how the idea of being opposed to dependency on government welfare programs is being against the children. It's the other way around. The ones that promote the idea of not taking responsibility for your actions are doing more harm to children than anyone. It is insidious.

Now before I get any further, this is not directed at you but rather the leadership of the democrat party and organizations like the NAACP which has sold out their own people for political and financial gain. I find that for the most part people will rise or sink to the level of expectations of them. It starts with the teachers union which, like the NAACP, has sold out the ones they claim to be for, the children, for political and financial gain. You can't fire a bad teacher anymore and the good teachers get fed up and leave for other opportunities. I recently saw where in LA they spent over 3 million dollars over the course of a decade to fire 7 teachers.The educations system is horrendous and we are doing nobody any favors by insisting that all people should go to college. Most aren't prepared for that and even college spends more time worrying about their funding from government and donations from wealthy friends and alumni than they do in educating the children.

Back to the original point, people will rise or sink to you level of expectation of them. Rewarding bad behavior just encourages it more. If people know they are going to be bailed out of making bad decisions, they have no incentive to make good ones. We didn't get here overnight and it won't be solved overnight. This has been brewing ever since the days of FDR. It kicked into high gear with LBJ and his war on poverty. We had welfare reform passed back the 90's and then along comes Barry and undoes it. Stop encouraging single parenthood. Birth control is not hard to get nor is it expensive. I don't propose to throw people out in the streets but we have to start working our way back and wean them off of the government teat. Just giving up on them and saying they can't or won't react responsibly is a cop out in my estimation. You wouldn't tell your own children that so why do it in the rest of the population. If this country keeps going down this path then we are doomed,

Texan4Auburn is correct. Both sides are wrong. I fully believe that:

1) Abortion except in extreme circumstances is wrong.

2) We do need to do more, more proactive adoptions, more support for the families.

You cant have just one side, you need both.

And I totally believe that abortion is wrong.

There are now many clinics offered by pro-life organizations for women in situations of unplanned/distress type pregnancies. The clinics are usually named something to the effect of "Her Choice". They provide pre-natal care, post-natal care to include diapers and formula, counseling, and adoption guidance. All are free of charge. These clinics are all funded by donations and the doctors normally volunteer their services. There are people in the pro-life movement that truly try to help further the protection of life on a practical level. There are options outside of killing the most defenseless humans in the world.

There are now many clinics offered by pro-life organizations for women in situations of unplanned/distress type pregnancies. The clinics are usually named something to the effect of "Her Choice". They provide pre-natal care, post-natal care to include diapers and formula, counseling, and adoption guidance. All are free of charge. These clinics are all funded by donations and the doctors normally volunteer their services. There are people in the pro-life movement that truly try to help further the protection of life on a practical level. There are options outside of killing the most defenseless humans in the world.

Well, i have supported that with my wallet myself.

We need a total effort.

1) Contraceptives that are affordable and available. Condoms, pill, education, IUD, etc. Yes i support the ACA on this AND support Hobby Lobby's choice.

2) We need Adoption & Other Choices services like described above. Can we add that to ACA? Bet that will set the world on fire.

3) Abortion should be as rare as possible. There are SO MANY COUPLES waiting to adopt that they are going to China, Guatemala, etc. That is so sad when we abort about 1.3M babies a year.

Well, i have supported that with my wallet myself.

We need a total effort.

1) Contraceptives that are affordable and available. Condoms, pill, education, IUD, etc. Yes i support the ACA on this AND support Hobby Lobby's choice.

2) We need Adoption & Other Choices services like described above. Can we add that to ACA? Bet that will set the world on fire.

3) Abortion should be as rare as possible. There are SO MANY COUPLES waiting to adopt that they are going to China, Guatemala, etc. That is so sad when we abort about 1.3M babies a year.

Well stated.

I am pro-Life that means I am against the death Penalty, Abortions, those who claim to be Pro-Life but bomb abortion clinics and kill people. The ranting's of a few aberrant Pro-Choicer's about killing kids up to 5 years of age does not reflect the Pro-Choice view anymore than a Pro-lifer bombing a clinic and killing people. I am also Pro-Choice. I believe a man and a woman have the choice to have sex or not to. I believe that a man and a woman can use contraceptives and or the rhythm method to prevent themselves from becoming pregnant. The reason I am against abortion is simple I was a biology major and I know that live begins at conception so when you abort a fetus/unborn child use your term of choice you are killing a living entity.

Somebody who is Pro-Choice will now ask me about rape or incest should we allow abortion for that. I can see their point in those situations the women did not have a choice at that point I can say that personally I would not want the child aborted as I still believe that you are killing an innocent, but I can understand the viewpoint of the person who has to carry an unwanted child. I don't know what is the right answer for that I am not omnipotent and all knowing I don't have an answer but if that is the only exception to allowing abortion it would still be a whole lot better than what we currently have.

Now for all the other pro-lifers like myself if we ever do get our way and end abortion we must continue to help those who are pregnant and would have had an abortion but now are no longer able. We must increase the number of facilities where we provide pre-natal care and counseling to women and families. If there are financial strains in having these children we must find a way to help them, Adoption, monetary support, training on child rearing, etc.

We have to be both Pro-Life and Pro-Quality of Life.

I am pro-Life that means I am against the death Penalty, Abortions, those who claim to be Pro-Life but bomb abortion clinics and kill people. The ranting's of a few aberrant Pro-Choicer's about killing kids up to 5 years of age does not reflect the Pro-Choice view anymore than a Pro-lifer bombing a clinic and killing people. I am also Pro-Choice. I believe a man and a woman have the choice to have sex or not to. I believe that a man and a woman can use contraceptives and or the rhythm method to prevent themselves from becoming pregnant. The reason I am against abortion is simple I was a biology major and I know that live begins at conception so when you abort a fetus/unborn child use your term of choice you are killing a living entity.

Somebody who is Pro-Choice will now ask me about rape or incest should we allow abortion for that. I can see their point in those situations the women did not have a choice at that point I can say that personally I would not want the child aborted as I still believe that you are killing an innocent, but I can understand the viewpoint of the person who has to carry an unwanted child. I don't know what is the right answer for that I am not omnipotent and all knowing I don't have an answer but if that is the only exception to allowing abortion it would still be a whole lot better than what we currently have.

Now for all the other pro-lifers like myself if we ever do get our way and end abortion we must continue to help those who are pregnant and would have had an abortion but now are no longer able. We must increase the number of facilities where we provide pre-natal care and counseling to women and families. If there are financial strains in having these children we must find a way to help them, Adoption, monetary support, training on child rearing, etc.

***We have to be both Pro-Life and Pro-Quality of Life.***

Yes, we need a comprehensive policy, not more rhetoric from the opposing sides.

ADD: maybe we need to "Educate" more as well. There are other options to vaginal intercourse that could easily contribute to declining the unwanted pregnancies. Maybe we need to have a frank discussion about that in the US. Sorry if I offended anyone. Hope we are all grownup enough to admit the obvious tho.

Great post AuburnNTexas. I would not be opposed to allowing those that become pregnant to be compensated by adoptive parents for carrying a child for those parents. Anything to stop the killing.

Archived