Ellis Johnson

Ed_

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not seen any fire on the sidelines from our team in the last 3 games. You look on the sidelines of the other teams and the players are all high fiving/ jumping around and having fun but not our guys. Even the turds are showing more emotion on the sidelines.

Officially time for Boom. Bring it.

his vaunted defense just blew a big lead against SC right?

He ain't comin to Auburn

He probably isn't and I'm not advocating for it, but as for the blown lead, it happens to everyone at some point or another.

It's funny how Jeremy Pruitt can come into Georgia in his 1st year and Ellis has been here 2yrs and we have people saying it's not coaching? Really? Which defense looked better and more of in control? It's not AU!

He ain't comin to Auburn

he can still coach a d. Twice at UF they lost a game despite giving up less than 120 yards. No other team in football during his tenure has lost 1 when giving up that few. Florida has basically been a reverse Auburn with one good unit and one that struggles mightily.

A guy that makes sense to me is Houston's D-coordinator Davis Gibbs. Yes, the same David Gibbs who's 2005 D ranked 6th in the NCAA in scoring and first in the SEC in sacks here at AU. Houston is currently ranked 9th in the NCAA in scoring D. He also built a top 10 defense at Minnesota. I wouldn't think it would cost an arm and a leg to get him to leave Houston so it just seems logical to at least give him a look.

He ain't comin to Auburn

There may be plenty of reasons why he isn't/shouldn't come. This isn't one

A guy that makes sense to me is Houston's D-coordinator Davis Gibbs. Yes, the same David Gibbs who's 2005 D ranked 6th in the NCAA in scoring and first in the SEC in sacks here at AU. Houston is currently ranked 9th in the NCAA in scoring D. He also built a top 10 defense at Minnesota. I wouldn't think it would cost an arm and a leg to get him to leave Houston so it just seems logical to at least give him a look.

I like how you think. He's good and knows Auburn.

So does Will but would he return to Auburn as DC? Rumor has it Will may be a possible move to the Carolina Gamecocks.

Worst angles I've seen us take l year and Mincy is playing like his girlfriend dumped him

This is an area that has surprised me. We seemed to be doing much better on fundamentals last year and early this year in comparison to the Chizik years but we are currently as bad if not worse than any of the poor fundamentals I saw under Chizik.

I thought it was interesting he listed Auburn as his hometown in his bio on the Houston website. He was born in Mount Airy, NC. Did he grow up in Auburn? A guy from Andy Griffith's neck of the woods can't be too bad! :-)

So does Will but would he return to Auburn as DC? Rumor has it Will may be a possible move to the Carolina Gamecocks.

That's the rumor. A couple of years under Spurrier as DC and then a shot at HC when the HBC retires.

I thought it was interesting he listed Auburn as his hometown in his bio on the Houston website. He was born in Mount Airy, NC. Did he grow up in Auburn? A guy from Andy Griffith's neck of the woods can't be too bad! :-)

He went to high school in Auburn. I think his dad was AU OC(?) at the time.

Yes but Gibbs would be way cheaper to sign and wouldn't come with all the baggage. His "no name defense" in 2005 ranked just as good or better than either of the defenses Muschamp put on the field. Also Gibbs was able to put up those #s the year after we lost Rogers, Rosegreen, Dansby, Thomas ect.

I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info!

I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info!

Info on former AU DC under CTT David Gibbs

Spot on. I had great expectations for the defense this year due to the fundamental improvements last year. We are now as bad or worse than 2012.

I found this on a southern miss board for those that don't think the game has passed EJ by.....

"As to why we shouldn't have hired Father Time. When he was in the interview he cracked out (and we heard he did this) a blueprint of what he would do as head football coach. First off, this document looked like it was from 1985. Done on a typewriter. One of the bullet points under discipline was, No Walkmen. Are you serious? This old fart couldn't even take the time to update his manifesto. If this wasn't some kind of hint as to how lazy he really is, I don't know what would be.

Other bullets:

No loud music in the locker room

No cursing

No swimming on game days (I had this one in Little League baseball)

Welcome to the past"

If EJ does leave after this year, he will be getting paid by two schools to NOT coach.

Archived