So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

What Ellis is trying to do is not working. That is clear. If Gus does not move on Muschamp while the opportunity is there this crappy defense is going to continue for another season and the best opportunity to fix it will be lost.

Fire Roof!

Fire Van Gorder!

Fire Johnson!

At some point, one has to acknowledge that when you run through this many DCs who've been successful elsewhere that it's not necessarily about the DC.

Yes we appear to have deficiencies in both talent and scheme, but it sure looks like it may be getting worse rather than better. Yes we have gone through several without improvement. To me, that is all the more reason to go back to the last guy we had who put a really good defense on the field if he is willing to come. If nothing else we would have someone on the sidelines to get in guys faces and try to fire them up. Of couse, it doesn't matter what any of us think. Gus will make the decision and we all should support the decision. From everything he has said so far he is sticking with Ellis.

That would be Tommy Tuberville and he's head coach at Cincinnati. He's not leaving a head coaching position to be a defensive coordinator.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Muschamp is coming to AU either, but not necessarily because we wouldn't want him. It's that the buyout on CEJ's contract would be almost $2 million. He has a three-year contract that rolled over last year at $800k per year. I just don't know that we can afford to be paying another coach not to coach here and pony up the dollars it would take to get Muschamp. And that's assuming Gus feels a DC change is what's needed anyway.

I don't think Muschamp is coming to AU either, but not necessarily because we wouldn't want him. It's that the buyout on CEJ's contract would be almost $2 million. He has a three-year contract that rolled over last year at $800k per year. I just don't know that we can afford to be paying another coach not to coach here and pony up the dollars it would take to get Muschamp. And that's assuming Gus feels a DC change is what's needed anyway.

I suspect you're right. He might make a change at one or two position coaches. It would seem to me better to have one man coaching all the secondary instead of splitting them up between two. I don't know why they allowed that buyout to go in there.. It 's not like somebody was going to come beating down our door trying to take him away from us. If he doesn't turn it around next year, they'll have to fire him and we'll still owe him over 1.5 million. SMH

If Malzahn doesn't win a (some) championships, Jacobs is getting dumped. It's bad when we may not even be able to hire the best product available because of the hole he put us in.

I know there's at least a minor thought (benefit of the doubt here) in that post somewhere, but damned if i can find it...

If Malzahn doesn't win a (some) championships, Jacobs is getting dumped. It's bad when we may not even be able to hire the best product available because of the hole he put us in.

I know there's at least a minor thought (benefit of the doubt here) in that post somewhere, but damned if i can find it...

??Is he saying Jacobs hired Ellis or that Malzahn wasn't the best product?? Honey when is the moon over?

??Is he saying Jacobs hired Ellis or that Malzahn wasn't the best product?? Honey when is the moon over?

I didn't phrase that the way I wanted to, the financial hole that Jacobs put us in might force us to be unable to hire the best product possible at DC, and if Malzahn doesn't win a few championships, he's gonna be getting his walking papers.

I didn't phrase that the way I wanted to, the financial hole that Jacobs put us in might force us to be unable to hire the best product possible at DC, and if Malzahn doesn't win a few championships, he's gonna be getting his walking papers.

Lol so Malzahn has to win championships to stay at Auburn? You know this how?

This as simple as can possibly be, Jacobs will get fired unless Malzahn wins championships. Can you understand that?

This as simple as can possibly be, Jacobs will get fired unless Malzahn wins championships. Can you understand that?

Surely you can see why he misunderstood that sentence even after you clarified--just based on how you worded it.

Surely you can see why he misunderstood that sentence even after you clarified--just based on how you worded it.

The previous two iterations mentioned Jacobs in trouble, either he didn't read those or he just didn't care

The previous two iterations mentioned Jacobs in trouble, either he didn't read those or he just didn't care

Alright so let me get this straight, Malzahn doesn't win championships (he already has one under his belt as our HC mind you) Jacobs gets the boot because...? You know this how? Can I also ask why you've basically called for every single coach's head on Auburn's staff this past week?

Wow. A certain poser,uh I mean poster, has taken this thread into new levels of dumb...

Wow. A certain poser,uh I mean poster, has taken this thread into new levels of dumb...

Can you unlock some of the old Jacobs threads and let them run a while now?

Are you referring to me?

No Sir. Not in any way.

Are you referring to me?

No Sir. Not in any way.

But I can see why you asked, Clayton.

:big:

Alright so let me get this straight, Malzahn doesn't win championships (he already has one under his belt as our HC mind you) Jacobs gets the boot because...? You know this how? Can I also ask why you've basically called for every single coach's head on Auburn's staff this past week?

If you call Ellis Johnson every single coach on the staff then I guess I have

And I'm talking about National Championships, the ones that count at the end of the season, under Jacobs, we've won one championship, lost one, missed one as an undefeated team, and have been in a financial hole for a few years now.... that's pretty nice for a top 15 program right?

And I'm talking about National Championships, the ones that count at the end of the season, under Jacobs, we've won one championship, lost one, missed one as an undefeated team, and have been in a financial hole for a few years now.... that's pretty nice for a top 15 program right?

Lol, guess SEC championships aren't good enough for you then huh?

You have to be the most clueless poster I've seen here in a long time if you actually believe that. Do yourself and us a favor....post less...wait, scratch that....just don't post at all.

You have to be the most clueless poster I've seen here in a long time if you actually believe that. Do yourself and us a favor....post less...wait, scratch that....just don't post at all.

I guess it's really that hard to just not come in the thread huh?

How many years have you been following Auburn football? No Auburn athletic director has ever had a football team play for two national championships except Jacobs. Only one other AD in the modern era has been here when we won a national title. Not the first time AU athletics has run a negative financial.

How many years have you been following Auburn football? No Auburn athletic director has ever had a football team play for two national championships except Jacobs. Only one other AD in the modern era has been here when we won a national title. Not the first time AU athletics has run a negative financial.

How many other ADs have had a period of time where Auburn was this good recruiting? I'll answer that, none. Jacobs can't coach the teams to be consistent, but he has to make sure the guys are in place to keep that going. Just cause Auburn is/has never been consistent doesn't mean he gets some slack for that

I don't know who the defensive coordinator is at Samford, but I was impressed. He didn't have the athletes to compete with AU, but his defensive strategy frustrated our offense. Hmmmm.

I don't know who the defensive coordinator is at Samford, but I was impressed. He didn't have the athletes to compete with AU, but his defensive strategy frustrated our offense. Hmmmm.

And they tackle well also

Archived