Still Chance for SEC Championship?

Weegle777

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that would throw it into a three way tie. Our schedule against the east would be the deciding factor I think. Anything is possible at this point.

I believe it would be a 4 way tie because at the end of the season 4 teams would be 10-2 (6-2). We win out, losing to A&M and MSU 10-2 (6-2). Bama beats MSU, losing to AU and Ole miss 10-2 (6-2), Ole Miss beats MSU, losing to AU and LSU 10-2 (6-2), and of course MSU losing to Bama and Ole Miss would be 10-2 (6-2).

UGA losing to UF, who bama has played, doesn't help. I think we have to hope UGA wins out other than losing to us and that Florida loses to USCe next week.

MSU would have the head to head tie breaker on us regardless of what happens no? No way we can make title game I guess.

In a tie like that head to head goes out the window, as far as I know the only way head to head comes into would be in a 2 way tie, or a 3 way tie Where 2 of the teams beat the 3rd one and then the head to head between those two. In that scenario 4 teams would have 2 losses, we would've beaten the two teams that beat them. It'd cause chaos either way because all the losses would be inside the west

MSU would have the head to head tie breaker on us regardless of what happens no? No way we can make title game I guess.

In a tie like that head to head goes out the window, as far as I know the only way head to head comes into would be in a 2 way tie, or a 3 way tie Where 2 of the teams beat the 3rd one and then the head to head between those two. In that scenario 4 teams would have 2 losses, we would've beaten the two teams that beat them. It'd cause chaos either way because all the losses would be inside the west

Ah, I also see that MSU plays Vandy so technically they have a chance to lose 3 conference games. Yes I know the odds. Ha! :)

Msu would have it over us, bama over msu, and us over bama

don't forget Ole Miss, they would be 10-2 as well if they beat Arky and MSU. MSU over us, Bama over MSU, AU over Bama and Ole Miss.

If we win out and Miss State loses to Ole Miss and Bama, there would be a 4-way tie.

The tiebreaker in that situation is head-to-head among all 4 teams

Bama would be 1-2, with losses to Ole Miss and us.

Miss State would be 1-2, with losses to Bama and Ole Miss.

Ole Miss would be 2-1 with a loss to Auburn.

Auburn would be 2-1 with a loss to Miss State.

We win, since we beat Ole Miss head-to-head.

Bammer might beat MSU but I doubt OM can pull it off with Treadwell out. We might be able to out score UGA and Bammer but that is what it would take. 45 - 42, 48 - 45 or something like that. They will both pass our defense silly.

We won't beat bama this time.(can't believe I'm saying this). Bama does not lose when they are this close to playing for a championship, plus they are still steaming from last year. By the way, amari cooper will win the heisman playing against our d. And Todd gurley will have a career day against our d, so no we don't stand a chance.

Ah, I also see that MSU plays Vandy so technically they have a chance to lose 3 conference games. Yes I know the odds. Ha! :)

So you're saying there's a chance?!?! With Vandy this year its a 0.000000000001 % chance but ya never know

If we win out and Miss State loses to Ole Miss and Bama, there would be a 4-way tie.

The tiebreaker in that situation is head-to-head among all 4 teams

Bama would be 1-2, with losses to Ole Miss and us.

Miss State would be 1-2, with losses to Bama and Ole Miss.

Ole Miss would be 2-1 with a loss to Auburn.

Auburn would be 2-1 with a loss to Miss State.

We win, since we beat Ole Miss head-to-head.

Thanks Britt, I read somewhere that in a multi team tie that it would go cross divisional (I didn't know they would calculate it like that), but if thats the case I'm all for it.

We won't beat bama this time.(can't believe I'm saying this). Bama does not lose when they are this close to playing for a championship, plus they are still steaming from last year. By the way, amari cooper will win the heisman playing against our d. And Todd gurley will have a career day against our d, so no we don't stand a chance.

They are steaming mad because they were playing for a championship and...lost. So they do in fact lose when playing for a title. Not predicting an AU win but it can and has happened.

Bama does not lose when they are this close to playing for a championship...so no we don't stand a chance.

Did you feel this way with last year's Iron Bowl?

;)

...And now you guys are saying I have to pull for UA against Clanga? :(

Bama does not lose when they are this close to playing for a championship...so no we don't stand a chance.

;)

...And now you guys are saying I have to pull for UA against Clanga? :(

If you want Auburn with a chance at going to the SEC championship you do, lol. I really could care less if no SEC teams get in the playoffs at this point, I much rather AU win the SEC title and get a good bowl (maybe playoff if chaos happens in front), than watch MSU or Bama win a national championship.

;)/>

...And now you guys are saying I have to pull for UA against Clanga? :(/>

No, I actually predicted we would beat bama last year. I usually don't concede victory to the turds, but we can't beat aTm, how in the hell are we gonna beat bama? Really? Unless we field a halfway decent defense, which I don't expect as long as cej is coordinator. I won't be holding my breath this year for one

;)/>

No, I actually predicted we would beat bama last year. I usually don't concede victory to the turds, but we can't beat aTm, how in the hell are we gonna beat bama? Really? Unless we field a halfway decent defense, which I don't expect as long as cej is coordinator. I won't be holding my breath this year for one

Why did you predict we would win when you said, "Bama does not lose when they are this close to playing for a championship"?

;)/>

Why did you predict we would win when you said, "Bama does not lose when they are this close to playing for a championship"?

Because we were playing at home. When they play at home, they are a different team. See final score of when they played aTm if ur still unsure.

Archived