Obama Executive Order

Proud Tiger

Radicals? Obeying the law is radical thinking? I wish we could ignore a couple of other laws while we are at it, hey Obama rescind the tax laws, and if you think America has had open borders read a little about Ellis Island. We need checks to see who is coming in and for what reason. If I were the Republicans I would say fine with this law and add that none of these exceptions to the law can ever vote. Im certain the Dems would suddenly not be in favor even though its about the poor families being seperated.

What do you know about Ellis Island?

Why do you always keep us in deep suspense with your queries ? :laugh:/>

He claims he knows what will enlighten us.

Radicals? Obeying the law is radical thinking? I wish we could ignore a couple of other laws while we are at it, hey Obama rescind the tax laws, and if you think America has had open borders read a little about Ellis Island. We need checks to see who is coming in and for what reason. If I were the Republicans I would say fine with this law and add that none of these exceptions to the law can ever vote. Im certain the Dems would suddenly not be in favor even though its about the poor families being seperated.

I make no claims whatsoever other than the history is what it is. I didn't write it but I did read it. Evidently, you prefer the comfort of your delusions. I do understand progressive push back on the truth however, After all the truth, the law, proper process and the Constitution are only relevant in your world when it is expedient in moving your agenda forward and that's not often. Mastering situational ethics certainly has its political advantages but it taints the accomplishments. if you wish to argue that just look at Obamacare. Re-writing the rules in the middle of the night, paying a shill who was pimped as an independent expert and lying about what the bill even was and what it would do has turned off the American people.That's why almost 60% of them hate that law.

When did your ancestors first come to America?

1789 and they didn't get, nor did they expect, any welfare.

Were they undocumented?

You think you're setting a clever trap dont you? At that time there were no immigration laws. Again, you people prefer to simply ignore the law by building strawmen that are silly and irrelevant.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make no claims whatsoever other than the history is what it is. I didn't write it but I did read it. Evidently, you prefer the comfort of your delusions. I do understand progressive push back on the truth however, After all the truth, the law, proper process and the Constitution are only relevant in your world when it is expedient in moving your agenda forward and that's not often. Mastering situational ethics certainly has its political advantages but it taints the accomplishments. if you wish to argue that just look at Obamacare. Re-writing the rules in the middle of the night, paying a shill who was pimped as an independent expert and lying about what the bill even was and what it would do has turned off the American people.That's why almost 60% of them hate that law.

Were they undocumented?

You think you're setting a clever trap dont you? At that time there were no immigration laws. Again, you people prefer to simply ignore the law by building strawmen that are silly and irrelevant.

I agree we need immigration laws and processes in place. But also think placing folks in the broad category of criminal for doing exactly what our ancestors did for similar reasons injects a level of venom that isn't helpful.

Were they undocumented?

I agree we need immigration laws and processes in place. But also think placing folks in the broad category of criminal for doing exactly what our ancestors did for similar reasons injects a level of venom that isn't helpful.

Another straw man. My ancestors did not come here to escape poverty and get a broad range of free social services handed to them....welfare, food stamps, free health care and free educations.The people putting the bums rush on our country not only come here expecting to receive these benefits but they also are expecting to have a voice in governance and be able to affect public policy. To add insult to injury, American taxpayers are being forced to pay for all of it while being completely ignored by their president and the vast majority of them are against the way he has handled it.

Were they undocumented?

Ok but the fact remains that these people not only broke our immigration laws, they expect to be rewarded for that. One major difference is people came here not just for the opportunity for work and economic reasons. They came here to be Americans. The ones that come here illegally have no desire to be an American. They don't wish to assimilate into our society.

We have immigration laws in place. The problem is that people are breaking them and our government facilitates that practice. Each time we have a "problem" it is because incentive has been given. The President's eo facilitates such a breach in an unprecedented manner of those laws which effectively nullifies them. Part of his oath of office is to uphold and defend our laws, not negate them.

Were they undocumented?

Exactly. The first phoney talking point of conservative rhetoric regarding immigration.

The second is securing the boarder. Why didn't a former governor of Texas secure the border immediately following 9/11 if conservatives are genuinely concerned with border security.

The third is, Democrats are importing a voter base. Really,,,,, so they can build on there absolute grip on politics in Texas and Arizona? Do any of the "ultra conservatives" think about this stuff or, do they just go along with anything the sounds good.

Were they undocumented?

Ok but the fact remains that these people not only broke our immigration laws, they expect to be rewarded for that. One major difference is people came here not just for the opportunity for work and economic reasons. They came here to be Americans. The ones that come here illegally have no desire to be an American. They don't wish to assimilate into our society.

Spot on.They obviously do not care about our borders, our language or our culture. Around the country there are enclaves of these people carrying on as if they were completely at home in their native lands but taking full advantage of the free social services being made available to them

Spot on.They obviously do not care about our borders, our language or our culture. Around the country there are enclaves of these people carrying on as if they were completely at home in their native lands but taking full advantage of the free social services being made available to them

How dare they!

http://www.sanfranciscochinatown.com/

Chinatown-in-San-Francisco-California.jpg

Exactly. The first phoney talking point of conservative rhetoric regarding immigration.

The second is securing the boarder. Why didn't a former governor of Texas secure the border immediately following 9/11 if conservatives are genuinely concerned with border security.

The third is, Democrats are importing a voter base. Really,,,,, so they can build on there absolute grip on politics in Texas and Arizona? Do any of the "ultra conservatives" think about this stuff or, do they just go along with anything the sounds good.

1) were our ancestors given social services when they came to America ? http://www.cis.org/immigrant-welfare-use-2011

2) the Dems defunded the 2006 Fence Act which passed under the Bush administration. It would have greatly secured the border.

3) would you, as one dependent on social services, vote for those politicians who would remove such ? I don't think so. Hence, illegal immigrants given amnesty would most likely be an expansion of the Democratic voter base.

Were they undocumented?

Wow, if you're anything, at least you're consistent. The political strategy of importing an electorate is a generational strategy aimed at national politics not border state politics. The vast majority of these people are illiterate in their native language. Progressives, obviously, recognize the political expediency of having an electorate that is easily manipulated. It seems to me they would prefer to have permanent control of a 3rd world country than to compete in the arena of ideas and settle for temporary control of an ascendant super power.The cost of having these people here is mind-boggling for the sane among us and the fact that taxpayers are being forced to pay the tab while being completely ignored by their president is utterly inexcusable. Your naivete never surprises me anymore.

"Wow, if you're anything, at least you're consistent. The political strategy of importing an electorate is a generational strategy aimed at national politics not border state politics. The vast majority of these people are illiterate in their native language. Progressives, obviously, recognize the political expediency of having an electorate that is easily manipulated. It seems to me they would prefer to have permanent control of a 3rd world country than to compete in the arena of ideas and settle for temporary control of an ascendant super power.The cost of having these people here is mind-boggling for the sane among us and the fact that taxpayers are being forced to pay the tab while being completely ignored by their president is utterly inexcusable. Your naivete never surprises me anymore."

Fair enough. Your ability to be disingenuous and void of any human decency never ceases to amaze me. Now explain again how Texas and Arizona politics are dominated by Democrats. After all, they have a huge electorate that is "easily manipulated".

"Wow, if you're anything, at least you're consistent. The political strategy of importing an electorate is a generational strategy aimed at national politics not border state politics. The vast majority of these people are illiterate in their native language. Progressives, obviously, recognize the political expediency of having an electorate that is easily manipulated. It seems to me they would prefer to have permanent control of a 3rd world country than to compete in the arena of ideas and settle for temporary control of an ascendant super power.The cost of having these people here is mind-boggling for the sane among us and the fact that taxpayers are being forced to pay the tab while being completely ignored by their president is utterly inexcusable. Your naivete never surprises me anymore."

Fair enough. Your ability to be disingenuous and void of any human decency never ceases to amaze me. Now explain again how Texas and Arizona politics are dominated by Democrats. After all, they have a huge electorate that is "easily manipulated".

So now we're going for the touchy feely emotional play? So, let me get this straight, you're a conservative who supports committing to the $2 trillion dollars it is going to cost to support these people? itchy, at some point, sanity must prevail over emotion and but your logic is strictly an appeal to human decency. Are you getting your instruction from the Bible too? If so, i would politely ask that you show me the scripture that obliges any govt to adopt the poor from other countries at the expense of taxpayers who are already over burdened and at a tipping point carrying a $17 trillion dollar national debt. Our 3rd world status is certainly not far behind this awful policy. Conservative, my ass. :sad2:

1) were our ancestors given social services when they came to America ? http://www.cis.org/i...elfare-use-2011

2) the Dems defunded the 2006 Fence Act which passed under the Bush administration. It would have greatly secured the border.

3) would you, as one dependent on social services, vote for those politicians who would remove such ? I don't think so. Hence, illegal immigrants given amnesty would most likely be an expansion of the Democratic voter base.

1) What services are you referring to? Public education?

2) Not exactly accurate. The billed was passed without enough funding to complete the project. Two attempts to pass legislation funding completion died in committee.

3) Again, if your theory is correct, why aren't Texas and Arizona overwhelmingly Democrat?

Ichy you have failed to understand how this works. The democrat party depends on a permanent underclass for their base of voters. There is a reason why Obama made this about the lower level central american illegals. They have distributed these illegals all around the country, to every state. This was only the first round of this. There are some 7 million more that are out there waiting for this and he will probably do it for them within the next year, depending on what kind of pushback he gets out of this. If you think Bush was conservative, you are sadly mistaken. He brought us the medicare drug program and as you democrats are so fond of pointing out, he grew the deficit and increased spending. He was conservative in some areas but wasn't at full blown conservative. He was for the amnesty bill in 2007 but the conservatives in Congress bucked him and kept it from passing. He had different motivations for it but he wanted it to happen. There has already been talk of getting them to citizenship soon and how these back taxes and fines will be unfair.

"There has already been talk of getting them to citizenship soon and how these back taxes and fines will be unfair. "

That was nothing but an expedient talking point anyway. Unless, of course, you believe this president can be trusted. The problem is, his demonstrated propensity to lie with reckless abandon when it benefits his agenda is too well documented for me to fall for that BS. There will be no back taxes and fines and these people will get drivers licenses and social security cards and be eligible to vote right away,

Ichy you have failed to understand how this works. The democrat party depends on a permanent underclass for their base of voters. There is a reason why Obama made this about the lower level central american illegals. They have distributed these illegals all around the country, to every state. This was only the first round of this. There are some 7 million more that are out there waiting for this and he will probably do it for them within the next year, depending on what kind of pushback he gets out of this. If you think Bush was conservative, you are sadly mistaken. He brought us the medicare drug program and as you democrats are so fond of pointing out, he grew the deficit and increased spending. He was conservative in some areas but wasn't at full blown conservative. He was for the amnesty bill in 2007 but the conservatives in Congress bucked him and kept it from passing. He had different motivations for it but he wanted it to happen. There has already been talk of getting them to citizenship soon and how these back taxes and fines will be unfair.

Do you really believe this? Any of it?

Democrats thrive on a permanent underclass? Please, examples? Mississippi? Texas? Alabama? Arizona? Are these Democratic strongholds? They certainly have a permanent underclass. Can you explain the the paradox?

Bush wasn't a conservative? Funny half the "conservatives" I know still have a "W the President" sticker on the back of their cars. Do the "real" conservatives have McCain/Palin stickers? Romney stickers? NObama stickers? Do "real" conservatives even have a party?

Democrats thrive on a permanent underclass? Please, examples? Mississippi? Texas? Alabama? Arizona? Are these Democratic strongholds? They certainly have a permanent underclass. Can you explain the the paradox?

Bush wasn't a conservative? Funny half the "conservatives" I know still have a "W the President" sticker on the back of their cars. Do the "real" conservatives have McCain/Palin stickers? Romney stickers? NObama stickers? Do "real" conservatives even have a party?

The King of strawmen. Heavily populated urban areas, nitwit, is where the overwhelming majority of the permanent underclass reside. Most of the illegal chiiiildren were immediately sent to urban areas in NY Massachusetts Illinois and California,

The King of strawmen. Heavily populated urban areas, nitwit, is where the overwhelming majority of the permanent underclass reside.

Okay, please explain how Democrats and their manufactured underclass are going to dominate national politics when they cannot dominate politics at the state level?

Itchy, we voted for Bush, McCain and Romney because they were better opitions that Algore, John Kerry (who served in Vietnam) and Obama. They were not conservative like Reagan. Bush was closer but he did give us Medicare part D, which was a major expansion of entitlements. It's called taking the lesser of two evils. It's not hard to figure out for someone that is actually interested in learning the truth.

The King of strawmen. Heavily populated urban areas, nitwit, is where the overwhelming majority of the permanent underclass reside.

Okay, please explain how Democrats and their manufactured underclass are going to dominate national politics when they cannot dominate politics at the state level?

Because they are expanding the numbers of these people in this country. That's what this is all about, increasing the numbers. They are getting us to the point of having more people in the wagon than are pulling the wagon.

Political winds change with the times. Obama is attempting to accelerate the change. It doesn't amaze me that you simply refuse to accept this obvious reality and prefer to defend a president "you didn't vote for" :-\

1) were our ancestors given social services when they came to America ? http://www.cis.org/i...elfare-use-2011

1) What services are you referring to? Public education?

2) Not exactly accurate. The billed was passed without enough funding to complete the project. Two attempts to pass legislation funding completion died in committee.

3) Again, if you theory is correct, why aren't Texas and Arizona overwhelmingly Democrat?

1) Numerous social services. Illegal immigrant parents of a child born in the USA are the recipients of many social services in support of their child. These services will expand grossly. A migrant worker base must have social services to match their living standards found elsewhere.

2) Soooooo, you're surprised that the majority party didn't provide funding for a bill they didn't support ? Even the bill had to be passed by a voice vote to have support.

3) To carry forward your argument then you are stating a) that illegal immigrants have been given amnesty in TX and AZ and are now voting; to use your logic then why are CA and NM overwhelmingly Democrat ? The second half of your argument is a non sequitur.

snopes is a go to site used quite extensively by liberals in their efforts to discredit statements by conservatives so I'll leave this right here since the cost of social services to illegal aliens has been called into question. Call me crazy but, $70 Billion a year seems like a lot to me but that was 17 years ago, reckon its gone up significantly since then?

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

The cost of illegal immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University].

The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE.

Read more at http://www.snopes.co...hJcKSkFBTZfg.99

Amnesty in 1986 helped to move California from a red state to a blue state. No republican has won that state since Reagan. So far Texas has not moved that way but it's not as red as it once was.

Amnesty in 1986 helped to move California from a red state to a blue state. No republican has won that state since Reagan. So far Texas has not moved that way but it's not as red as it once was.

Hmmm. Arnold is a Democrat?

Archived