Obama Executive Order

Proud Tiger

The take away from this is...scope matters. The founders never intended THAT much power accruing to the Executive Branch. Holidays and Parks no big deal but, granting legal status for 5 million illegal aliens, whether temporary or not, far exceeds the enumerated powers of the president.

Lincoln says hi.

Indeed and guess what? Lincoln is BHO hero and idol.

Mine too.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The take away from this is...scope matters. The founders never intended THAT much power accruing to the Executive Branch. Holidays and Parks no big deal but, granting legal status for 5 million illegal aliens, whether temporary or not, far exceeds the enumerated powers of the president.

Lincoln says hi.

Indeed and guess what? Lincoln is BHO hero and idol.

Mine too.

Good deal, then you share with with him. Lawlessness is the common thread between them but barry will have a hard time out doing his hero.

Good deal, then you share with with him. Lawlessness is the common thread between them but barry will have a hard time out doing his hero.

Might I suggest a book?

200px-Team_of_Rivals_cover.jpg

Of course you're too consumed with radicalism to get much out of it.

Might I suggest a book?

He may need an audiobook.

Might I suggest a book?

Ive read plenty about Lincoln. Opinions are like elbows everyone has a couple. Even 10 lawyers, all democrats intimately connected with Obama think his EO on immigration was legal. The vast majority, however, do not. Same with Lincoln. He usurped Congressional power of suspending habeas corpus, imposed marshall law, arrested and incarcerated 20K people w/o a warrant. I realize a lot of you people worship at the altar of unfettered power and that's great but, the power of the Executive Branch is not unlimited and over reaching it is not lawful. The thing is the power is there, just not the statutory authorization and Lincoln is who BHO has modeled his presidency after. It has worked out pretty well for barry but, it'll hurt the party and the next democrat presidential nominee will be severely hurt by it.

Heres a primer, if you will, of the many unlawful things Lincoln did and it is unbelievable. As I have already stated, barry will have a hard time out doing his hero.

http://www.thenewame...-of-our-country

And Lincoln made an EO, you might remember it. it was called the Emancipation Proclamation. It was in all the papers...and freed/made citizens out of about 4M people.

And Lincoln made an EO, you might remember it. it was called the Emancipation Proclamation. It was in all the papers...and freed/made citizens out of about 4M people.

Yeah, Ive heard of that and the funny thing is, it didn't even free the slaves of the border states, only the southern states where the union had no control

5. The Emancipation Proclamation didn’t actually free all of the slaves.

Since Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation as a military measure, it didn’t apply to border slave states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri, all of which had remained loyal to the Union. Lincoln also exempted selected areas of the Confederacy that had already come under Union control in hopes of gaining the loyalty of whites in those states. In practice, then, the Emancipation Proclamation didn’t immediately free a single slave, as the only places it applied were places where the federal government had no control—the Southern states currently fighting against the Union.

http://www.history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation

Yeah, Ive heard of that and the funny thing is, it didn't even free the slaves of the border states, only the southern states where the union had no control

Since Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation as a military measure, it didn’t apply to border slave states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri, all of which had remained loyal to the Union. Lincoln also exempted selected areas of the Confederacy that had already come under Union control in hopes of gaining the loyalty of whites in those states. In practice, then, the Emancipation Proclamation didn’t immediately free a single slave, as the only places it applied were places where the federal government had no control—the Southern states currently fighting against the Union.

http://www.history.c...nd-emancipation

So your theory is that black folks are still slaves, even the border states? Really?

It didnt free all slaves IMMEDIATELY? Well it seems to have done the trick when it did kick in.

So your theory is that black folks are still slaves, even the border states? Really?

It didnt free all slaves IMMEDIATELY? Well it seems to have done the trick when it did kick in.

Is the thread about me or the unlawful acts of Abraham Lincoln. Can you read or not?

Is the thread about me or the unlawful acts of Abraham Lincoln. Can you read or not?

No, its about you thinking that some of the greatest works of our greatest president were unlawful because of your prejudices.

Might I suggest a book?

Ive read plenty about Lincoln. Opinions are like elbows everyone has a couple. Even 10 lawyers, all democrats intimately connected with Obama think his EO on immigration was legal. The vast majority, however, do not. Same with Lincoln. He usurped Congressional power of suspending habeas corpus, imposed marshall law, arrested and incarcerated 20K people w/o a warrant. I realize a lot of you people worship at the altar of unfettered power and that's great but, the power of the Executive Branch is not unlimited and over reaching it is not lawful. The thing is the power is there, just not the statutory authorization and Lincoln is who BHO has modeled his presidency after. It has worked out pretty well for barry but, it'll hurt the party and the next democrat presidential nominee will be severely hurt by it.

Heres a primer, if you will, of the many unlawful things Lincoln did and it is unbelievable. As I have already stated, barry will have a hard time out doing his hero.

http://www.thenewame...-of-our-country

It's more than just a book about him, that's why I recommended it.

No, its about you thinking that some of the greatest works of our greatest president were unlawful because of your prejudices.

Well DK Lincoln did a lot of things. He suspended a lot of laws and in reality did he have the authority to declare the slaves free? I'm not debating the moral issue of slavery but whether or not he actually had the authority to do that. We are a nation of laws and we have a separation of powers and regardless of the motive, a president cannot intrude upon the authority of the congress nor can the congress intrude upon the powers of the president. We've actually become a nation ruled by judicial decision. Whatever the 9 justices on the supreme court decide is the final determining factor in practically all things. That is not what the founders had in mind.

The folks that decry Lincoln really tip their hand, don't they?

When all is said and done, the Republicans will eventually support some sort of program to allow the people at issue to become citizens.

Meanwhile, they just can't keep from shooting themselves in the foot over it, thanks largely to their ultra-conservative wing.

We "ultra-conservatives" will be happy to deal with the ones that are already here AFTER we get control of our borders. We have learned through past experience that trying to do everything at one time always leads to the amnesty but no security. Securing the border is the last thing the establishment republicans and the democrats want to see happen. One wants the cheap labor and the other wants the permanent underclass for voters.

Yep, I agree. On substance i have no problem with legislation that allows families to remain together instead of being deported and an attendant pathway to citizenship provision. I do however, have a very big problem with a President who subverts the Constitution because of his impatience and usurps powers that by law are granted to Congress. By the numbers, the open border problem must be remedied first, then the rest can be worked through. I honestly believe that most conservatives are getting behind that idea but the democrats will never go along with that.

Thanks for making my point.

Admit it Tipper, you're just a hardass who favors ripping apart families and embrace latent racist ambitions. :Sing: Open the border,dude. Lets party!

:laugh::bow: You know, you hear this exclamation from the left while at the same time they entice parents to dump their children onto the backs of drug mules to come across the desert into this country. Who's really ripping families apart ?

What was that definition of "hyperbole" again? :rolleyes:

Radicals? Obeying the law is radical thinking? I wish we could ignore a couple of other laws while we are at it, hey Obama rescind the tax laws, and if you think America has had open borders read a little about Ellis Island. We need checks to see who is coming in and for what reason. If I were the Republicans I would say fine with this law and add that none of these exceptions to the law can ever vote. Im certain the Dems would suddenly not be in favor even though its about the poor families being seperated.

Admit it Tipper, you're just a hardass who favors ripping apart families and embrace latent racist ambitions. :Sing: Open the border,dude. Lets party!

:laugh::bow: You know, you hear this exclamation from the left while at the same time they entice parents to dump their children onto the backs of drug mules to come across the desert into this country. Who's really ripping families apart ?

What was that definition of "hyperbole" again? :rolleyes:

Don't be dopey homer, or do you really think an 8 year old can use a map and compass to navigate the desert ?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/23/how-mexico-s-cartels-are-behind-the-border-kid-crisis.html

http://www.newsmax.com/US/border-immigration-cartels-drugs/2014/06/23/id/578693/

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/19/Judge-DHS-complicit-in-conspiracy-with-cartels-to-smuggle-illegal-alien-children-into-US

Hyperbole is a specific form of exaggeration that I've found rarely used properly on this site. All hyperbole is exaggeration, not all exaggeration is hyperbole. It's proper use has escaped you, Did you skip high school English again that day ?

Radicals? Obeying the law is radical thinking? I wish we could ignore a couple of other laws while we are at it, hey Obama rescind the tax laws, and if you think America has had open borders read a little about Ellis Island. We need checks to see who is coming in and for what reason. If I were the Republicans I would say fine with this law and add that none of these exceptions to the law can ever vote. Im certain the Dems would suddenly not be in favor even though its about the poor families being seperated.

What do you know about Ellis Island?

Why do you always keep us in deep suspense with your queries ? :laugh:

Why do you always keep us in deep suspense with your queries ? :laugh:/>

He claims he knows what will enlighten us.

5. The Emancipation Proclamation didn't actually free all of the slaves.

Since Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation as a military measure, it didn't apply to border slave states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri, all of which had remained loyal to the Union. Lincoln also exempted selected areas of the Confederacy that had already come under Union control in hopes of gaining the loyalty of whites in those states. In practice, then, the Emancipation Proclamation didn't immediately free a single slave, as the only places it applied were places where the federal government had no control—the Southern states currently fighting against the Union.

The folks that decry Lincoln really tip their hand, don't they?

Not even close. You're showing your own prejudices. We can honestly look at history or we bury our heads in the mythology. What I find interesting is that liberal/progressives are so emotionally invested in how white men stole America from the native Americans but refuse to admit that some of our " most revered leaders" dont necessarily live up to the mythological reputations they hold in our history.

I make no claims whatsoever other than the history is what it is. I didn't write it but I did read it. Evidently, you prefer the comfort of your delusions. I do understand progressive push back on the truth however, After all the truth, the law, proper process and the Constitution are only relevant in your world when it is expedient in moving your agenda forward and that's not often. Mastering situational ethics certainly has its political advantages but it taints the accomplishments. if you wish to argue that just look at Obamacare. Re-writing the rules in the middle of the night, paying a shill who was pimped as an independent expert and lying about what the bill even was and what it would do has turned off the American people.That's why almost 60% of them hate that law.

I make no claims whatsoever other than the history is what it is. I didn't write it but I did read it. Evidently, you prefer the comfort of your delusions. I do understand progressive push back on the truth however, After all the truth, the law, proper process and the Constitution are only relevant in your world when it is expedient in moving your agenda forward and that's not often. Mastering situational ethics certainly has its political advantages but it taints the accomplishments. if you wish to argue that just look at Obamacare. Re-writing the rules in the middle of the night, paying a shill who was pimped as an independent expert and lying about what the bill even was and what it would do has turned off the American people.That's why almost 60% of them hate that law.

When did your ancestors first come to America?

1789 and they didn't get, nor did they expect, any welfare.

1789 and they didn't get, nor did they expect, any welfare.

Were they undocumented?

Archived