New GOP House Leadership

RunInRed

All I'm saying is shouldn't the House of REPRESENTATIVES look something, anything, like the American people? Crazy thought, I know ...

- 1 woman out of 21 leadership spots

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

And let's not forget the majority in the House of Representative should reflect a majority of the American people:

http://www.politifac...rity-2012-popu/

It should reflect what the voters want, not what some liberal or conservative thinks it should represent. This argument is tiring and very divisive, which speaks to the true nature of ideologs.

Each member of the house was approved of by a majority of the citizens of the district they represent. That is how the system was set up and how it should be. I don't care about what someone else thinks it "should be"

I was actually more surprised by the lack of women than African Americans. 1/21 ... that's less than 5%. Pathetic.

Why if there were more qualified candidates? Do you think racial quotas should take precedence over qualifications? Lastly, are you saying that the white men were appointed over better qualified black candidates for those jobs?

Again, I was more surprised by lack of women. Take the race issue out of it. Do you think the GOP leadership team which is comprised of <5% of women, reflects the constituencies the party is suppose to represent?

Just out of curiosity Red, what percentage of Admin at AUFAMILY are female? African American?

1/3 minority owned. And there's quite a few female Mods as well.

I was actually more surprised by the lack of women than African Americans. 1/21 ... that's less than 5%. Pathetic.

Why if there were more qualified candidates? Do you think racial quotas should take precedence over qualifications? Lastly, are you saying that the white men were appointed over better qualified black candidates for those jobs?

Again, I was more surprised by lack of women. Take the race issue out of it. Do you think the GOP leadership team which is comprised of <5% of women, reflects the constituencies the party is suppose to represent?

Just out of curiosity Red, what percentage of Admin at AUFAMILY are female? African American?

Props on the diverse model! :bow:

I think the dearth of female or minority candidates is the whole point.

All I'm saying is shouldn't the House of REPRESENTATIVES look something, anything, like the American people? Crazy thought, I know ...

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

Unreal....so tired of this dogma.

"Dogma"? :dunno:

What's pathetic is the fact that once again another liberal is screaming divisive taunts from atop the mountain. Sickening. This has less to do with demographics and more to do with the same old policies of both parties for years, not gender or race.

"screaming divisive taunts"? :rolleyes:

That's good. I'll have to borrow that next time Cooltiger starts describing liberals. ;D

Now, the new House GOP membership is still 87% white men. That's down from 89% in the last Congress. Some of that is geographical...Republicans are heavily represented from rural districts which are predominantly white rather than urban areas that are more diverse. Nothing wrong with people electing folks they can relate to and vice versa (the minority districts certainly do). Hopefully that will continue to diversify. But there are also other trends I would imagine play into it. I'd bet more conservative women are stay at home mothers. That's going to factor in to how many conservative women are willing to run for office and have those kinds of demands put on their time with family. But that doesn't mean that the white man they voted for doesn't represent their views and interests. You can't just look at demographic boxes and declare that it actually means anything regarding whether other views are being heard or faithfully represented by whoever is elected.

Lets not forget the effect of gerrymandering districts to minimize the number of blacks and minorities.

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

And let's not forget the majority in the House of Representative should reflect a majority of the American people:

It should reflect what the voters want, not what some liberal or conservative thinks it should represent. This argument is tiring and very divisive, which speaks to the true nature of ideologs.

How is it tiring and divisive? The fact the majority party in the House of Representatives didn't receive a majority vote is worth discussion IMO.

Each member of the house was approved of by a majority of the citizens of the district they represent. That is how the system was set up and how it should be. I don't care about what someone else thinks it "should be"

Gerrymandering is most definitely part of the current system, but that certainly doesn't mean it's a good thing. Look what it's brought us.

Props on the diverse model! :bow:

Many successful businesses recognize diversity as a strength. They don't promote it just because they are told to.

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

How is it tiring and divisive? The fact the majority party in the House of Representatives didn't receive a majority vote is worth discussion IMO.

LOL!!!! So typical. Are you Obama now? The majority party got the majority vote........if Dems don't like it they should have turned out. Same goes for the other side when they don't turn out.

Liberals do not want true equality. They want a majority of minorities.

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

LOL!!!! So typical. Are you Obama now? The majority party got the majority vote........if Dems don't like it they should have turned out. Same goes for the other side when they don't turn out.

Parsing the popular vote is so lefty/prog its pathetic. Its not hard to understand that the majority of the urban areas where the heavier populations reside are predominantly democrat. Commenting on the overall popular vote is commensurate to a football team saying we got more yards and more 1st downs than you did so, we win. In other words, its a losers game and a weak attempt to justify having it their way.

I'll let Jim Clyburn take this one. Here is a quote from him about Senator Tim Scott:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-undercover-senator-sen-tim-scott-goes-anecdote-shopping-in-south-carolina/2014/05/06/98e534b0-cbb9-11e3-93eb-6c0037dde2ad_story.html

“If you call progress electing a person with the pigmentation that he has, who votes against the interest and aspirations of 95 percent of the black people in South Carolina, then I guess that’s progress,” says Rep. James E. Clyburn, a black congressman who serves in the state’s Democratic leadership.

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

Do you want to argue the facts?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/11/09/house-democrats-got-more-votes-than-house-republicans-yet-boehner-says-hes-got-a-mandate/

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

Parsing the popular vote is so lefty/prog its pathetic. Its not hard to understand that the majority of the urban areas where the heavier populations reside are predominantly democrat. Commenting on the overall popular vote is commensurate to a football team saying we got more yards and more 1st downs than you did so, we win. In other words, its a losers game and a weak attempt to justify having it their way.

No parsing. Just the facts.

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

And the fact IS the republicans are picking up 9 senate seats once Landrieu takes her beating and the democrats took the worst beating that I can ever remember. There are more republicans in Congress now since the 40s..I'll take "losses" like that...you can have the popular vote.

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

:dunno: Care to explain that?

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

And the fact IS the republicans are picking up 9 senate seats once Landrieu takes her beating and the democrats took the worst beating that I can ever remember. There are more republicans in Congress now since the 40s..I'll take "losses" like that...you can have the popular vote.

So, political power trumps democracy? So you guys really are Nazis?

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

I'd say democracy made it possible for the GOP to retake the Senate, not political power. Actually, the lies and poor leadership of Democrats made it possible. Now, you calling people Nazis is quite comical. Typical, but comical none the less.

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

I'd say democracy made it possible for the GOP to retake the Senate, not political power. Actually, the lies and poor leadership of Democrats made it possible. Now, you calling people Nazis is quite comical. Typical, but comical none the less.

This is not a partisan question.

I am referring to (legal) political practices that allow for a given party - ANY given party - to win an election regardless of how the majority of people vote.

Are you for that quirk in the system, or against it?

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

I am referring to (legal) political practices that allow for a given party - ANY given party - to win an election regardless of how the majority of people vote.

Actually, I am in favor of the electoral college if that's what you mean. The reason is simple....much in the way the Senate is made up. It keeps large, metropolitan states from running over the smaller, more rural states. It's something Democrats should support given their espousing of anything that involves a lack of "equality".

- 0 African Americans

- 0 Hispanics

Really?

Actually, I am in favor of the electoral college if that's what you mean. The reason is simple....much in the way the Senate is made up. It keeps large, metropolitan states from running over the smaller, more rural states. It's something Democrats should support given their espousing of anything that involves a lack of "equality".

I mean exactly what I said. Are you for rule of majority or against it?

Archived