Week 13 (Auburn vs. Samford) - Wednesday Updates

RunInRed

via the SEC Teleconference ...

Malzahn: "We've had a solid week of practice so far. It's our final home game for our seniors. They're excited."

Malzahn on not repeating as SEC champs. "If you look at history, it's extremely challenging. ... Down the stretch, we didn't get it done."

@wareagleextra

Malzahn on offense in 13v14: "probably more similarities than differences. We have thrown the ball more this team" Believes balance achieved

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn on injured Carl Lawson: "He's working hard, things are coming along very good. He's committed to being back on the field."

@AUBlog

Gus Malzahn was asked about his last high school job, Springdale High, losing a whole lot of games on SEC teleconference.

@bmarcello

THE. MASTER. OF. COACH. SPEAK. I can do this: "we had a solid week of practice. We are not giving up. Injuries are coming along. We are balanced. We are excited about our last home game. We are taking it one game at a time. We are looking to improve in areas that we recognize need improvement." How's my aim?

THE. MASTER. OF. COACH. SPEAK. I can do this: "we had a solid week of practice. We are not giving up. Injuries are coming along. We are balanced. We are excited about our last home game. We are taking it one game at a time. We are looking to improve in areas that we recognize need improvement." How's my aim?

Well done, sir!

Guest jojo1515

Gus??

We haven't ever had a bad week of practice during the season. Also this week everybody is saying we had carry over from the a&m game....last week everybody was saying we're having a great week of practice and we have a strong group of seniors we don't have any carry over from the last game. You can't let one bad game beat you twice and so on and so forth

You forgot a few "best ____ in all of college football's" and a few "no doubt's" but other than that I'd say it is spot on!

All of a sudden the season turns a little bit more sour and people are getting on the coach speak. People didn't seem to have an issue with it when we were in the top 4.

All of a sudden the season turns a little bit more sour and people are getting on the coach speak. People didn't seem to have an issue with it when we were in the top 4.

I've always noticed it, as I'm sure others have too.

There's just not a whole lot to comment on this week for anyone.

I've always noticed it, as I'm sure others have too.

There's just not a whole lot to comment on this week for anyone.

^^This

That's because when the team is playing well (read: winning), the comments have creditability. Based on the teams performance over the last month or so, the statements LACK creditability.

Bingo!! That part is disapointing...

Plus, when we were in the top four that was like 3-4 games ago so the coaches speak wasn't, as it is now, 3-4 weeks older and, you guessed it, the exact same as it was when were in the too four. I would just like to hear, "I chewed the boys out. Said I was not happy with the apathy, complacency, the quit, and the peewee football penalties and fundamentals. I told them they chose big boy football so it was time to cowboy up." As opposed to, "just hit play from the SEC teleconference from one month ago". Rant over. I'm sorry. WDE to another good week of practice and getting better in places we need to improve...and oh yeah to making progress in our injury recovery.

People need to stop complaining about gus. He has been like that since he got here. He isn't changing. Everyone gets so negative since we didn't meet out expectations. Still a winning season with a chance to beat Alabama next week. Remember there hasn't been a repeat sec champ in 16 years. And will now be 17 since we didn't do it this year. Odds not in our favor. Quit complaining. Gus is the right man for the job

I would just like to hear, "I chewed the boys out. Said I was not happy with the apathy, complacency, the quit, and the peewee football penalties and fundamentals. I told them they chose big boy football so it was time to cowboy up."

If you want that, then find yourself a way into the locker room. I'm no genius, but I've figured out that's not Gus's style. I trust that the position coaches are giving those guys all they can handle. Wasn't that the issue some were crying about with Harbison??

If you wander over to the baseball discussion you'll see that making public statements about the shortcomings of your team is not the Auburn way.

That's because when the team is playing well (read: winning), the comments have creditability. Based on the teams performance over the last month or so, the statements LACK creditability.

If he's just saying the same things regardless of circumstance, how does that give the statements credibility if he just says the same thing in the opposite circumstance?

Answer: He's just BSing/coach speaking with the media ALL the time. About wins and losses its the same thing, so to put any real emphasis on what he says is a waste of time.

Corey Grant is also the 1A starting RB.

Jeremy Johnson is being worked in to the game plan each week.

Nick Marshall is an NFL QB.

Patrick Miller didn't lose his starting job to injury.

I could go on...I'm not hating on what Gus says. I'm more commenting on how people really want to hang on his words and then complain about it. Only after losses though. He's open and honest when we're winning apparently... :dunno: :-\

Archived