Four changes Will Muschamp will bring to auburn Defense

cooltigger21

I don't expect CWM perform a miracle game 1. However i do expect to see a much better fundamental defense. Solid tackling, communication and guys being in the right position to make plays. That alone should make us a better defense.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't expect CWM perform a miracle game 1. However i do expect to see a much better fundamental defense. Solid tackling, communication and guys being in the right position to make plays. That alone should make us a better defense.

Be hard to be worse.

I'm looking for a steady progression. If we look more like the 2008 defense by the end of the season, I would call that a success.

I'm looking for a steady progression. If we look more like the 2008 defense by the end of the season, I would call that a success.

Agree.

Agree.

For $1.8 M I'm looking for a miracle....we could have gotten steady improvement for half that money....and besides, CWM is not likely going to be here long enough for us to witness "steady improvement" with him as the DC.

If we could just have a top 30 or 40 D next year, I think that would be huge. Of course, I would love top 10 right out of the gate!

Agree.

For $1.8 M I'm looking for a miracle....we could have gotten steady improvement for half that money....and besides, CWM is not likely going to be here long enough for us to witness "steady improvement" with him as the DC.

Seems like you really wanted Ellis to stay

Agree.

Nope...but would have been satisfied with Venables or Odom or probably another possibility...I was half joking about the miracle...but for quite a few years going back to CWM last stint here and we have DCs stay two years, set up their scheme which never has time to get settled...and then they are gone and we start over.

I'm happy we got CWM but I figure with a few changes in the coaching staff on the DB side, things would get better whoever Gus brought in. JMO

Saban's job just got extremely more difficult in many ways:

1. We will start winning more in state recruiting battles with him.

2. We will start bringing in classes that will seriously challenge Saban's recruiting classes.

3. We will start winning those games that our defense let slip away from us.

4. BOOM was the explosion that shook Bryant-Denny stadium and the statue of old Bear Bryant!

Yes Nick, your job just became a living nightmare, and will only get worse!

Agree.

Nope...but would have been satisfied with Venables or Odom or probably another possibility...I was half joking about the miracle...but for quite a few years going back to CWM last stint here and we have DCs stay two years, set up their scheme which never has time to get settled...and then they are gone and we start over.

I'm happy we got CWM but I figure with a few changes in the coaching staff on the DB side, things would get better whoever Gus brought in. JMO

Well we'll never know. I think that T-Rob, assuming he comes, would likely be a candidate to take over whenever WM gets his next HC job. That would keep everything flowing relatively smoothly.

Agree.

Well we'll never know. I think that T-Rob, assuming he comes, would likely be a candidate to take over whenever WM gets his next HC job. That would keep everything flowing relatively smoothly.

I hear that and maybe that could be a good solution but considering his age and experience I have a hard time imagining him matching wits with Spurrier or Sumlin...just hope it does not come to that anytime soon.

I think his energy is what is most needed right now.Get after the players and expect them to play hard every play.Just that will go a long way to improve the D.

Tray Matthews will be the man. He's a heck of a player. Someone muschamp will lean on next year.

Need A really good pass rush though

I think his energy is what is most needed right now.Get after the players and expect them to play hard every play.Just that will go a long way to improve the D.

Tray Matthews will be the man. He's a heck of a player. Someone muschamp will lean on next year.

Carl Lawson will be a big part of that but we need another one to step up too.

I honestly think we will have 3-4 years of BOOM! Maybe more, but definitely not less. By the way, who is Coach cheese?

Carl Lawson will be a big part of that but we need another one to step up too.

I'm really hoping that our guys are really excited and they all really step up their game. Through these bowl practices, they better believe they're on interview status. If Muschamp sees these guys slacking, or not doing what he thinks is going to be beneficial.. (arguments).. they will be gone. Muschamp is just that kind of guy. You will get down with the program, or get out. I can't wait to see him whip these guys into shape, and I fully believe most of them will go all in for him, because, like I said he's just that kind of guy. Lol.

I am sure we will see variations depending on teams we play but we will be a 4-3 basic defense. Folks need to notice even teams like uat are going away from 3-4 defenses because of spread and HUNH teams. uat probably played as much in the 4-3 as they did in the 3-4 this year and you will see that trend continue across the CF landscape. JMO. WDE

I honestly think we will have 3-4 years of BOOM! Maybe more, but definitely not less. By the way, who is Coach cheese?

OK...let's see..I'm going on 74 so if he stays at least 4 years I probably won't care if he leaves after that. :)

Agree.

I hear that and maybe that could be a good solution but considering his age and experience I have a hard time imagining him matching wits with Spurrier or Sumlin...just hope it does not come to that anytime soon.

He is on the same track as WM right now as far as how his career has gone. Worked with Tubby and Will, two of the better defensive minds out there. Give him there years here and I think he'd be ready.

If we could just have a top 30 or 40 D next year, I think that would be huge. Of course, I would love top 10 right out of the gate!

I believe Muschamp said he expects top 20 D next year at his presser.

The best move in our defense this coming year will be getting the DC out of that darn booth and down on the field coaching and motivating. You can't do that in a booth!!!!! WDE CWM!!

The beauty of it is that Coach Boom doesn't have to accomplish miracles his first year. All he has to do is give Gus an above average defense to go with that offense and it will make a huge difference. So with a 60 ranking being average let's say we have a top 40 defense. Muschamp can do that and better.

Archived