Coates a game time decision

RunInRed

Ray will take the Duke role, and Bray will take the Sammie role. they are more than capable.

I tend to agree with this although, I don't think Bray has the "straight line" speed Sammie does. We'll find out in a few hours though.

Melvin may be one of the best receivers we have. I think he is overlooked because he spends a lot of time blocking for others. The thing to remember is when his number is called he has answered in the past, like the 50 yard TD at the BCS game last year. Quan also is another that has stepped up his game this year. RL has the speed and ability, just needs to make the catches. Marcus is probably is the most under used receiver we have. He always makes the most of his chances. I think one reason Sammie and Duke are thought to be so much better than the rest was due to NM being more comfortable with them for some reason. I actually think Davis is probably the best route runner on the team. Next year with JJ our passing game will change from just over the top passing to a more strategic passing game. WDE

Any chance we see some Tony Stevens tonight? I remember all the guys talking about him in the Spring (maybe Fall) of 2013 but he just never showed up during the season. AU has some pretty good receivers and even without Coates and/or Duke, I think there are still some solid options.

Melvin may be one of the best receivers we have. I think he is overlooked because he spends a lot of time blocking for others. The thing to remember is when his number is called he has answered in the past, like the 50 yard TD at the BCS game last year. Quan also is another that has stepped up his game this year. RL has the speed and ability, just needs to make the catches. Marcus is probably is the most under used receiver we have. He always makes the most of his chances. I think one reason Sammie and Duke are thought to be so much better than the rest was due to NM being more comfortable with them for some reason. I actually think Davis is probably the best route runner on the team. Next year with JJ our passing game will change from just over the top passing to a more strategic passing game. WDE

Agree...For pretty good reasons, Duke was Nick's first choice...and Sammie too when he was in the game. Nick will just need to do a better job of checking the field for secondary receivers and spread the ball around on downs when everyone knew Duke or Sammie was going to get the ball. Might not have the 70 yarders, but the passing game should be OK and keep Wisky from stacking the line of scrimmage.

Guest jojo1515

On a positive note, if Sammie doesn't play, who the heck is Wisky going to focus on? I bet they don't have a clue....at the same time I bet we know how to take advantage of them not having a clue. They will focus on the run almost completely and we will hopefully burn them bad for it. Our backup receivers will consider leaving for the draft early in a year two as well I have a feeling

I can actually see Corey Grant finally having his day on the ground, and maybe even Roc. I think there is too much speed in AU's backfield for Wisky to be able to take away the edge.

Not cutting NM in anyway, but his passing games seems to favor the deep ball and SC and DW are guys that can and will fight for jump balls. I have seen the under route receivers open a lot this year and NM throw into coverage to Sammie or Duke. I am just saying that we have capable back ups

I think people are forgetting Bray...made some nice catches late in the year....might be a big game for him.

We are still the better team and should win with the players we have. Ricardo, Quan, Melvin, etc. will be able to pick up the slack if he can't go.

What you said!

^This is no excuse if we lose, though. We have Bray, Davis, Louis, Walker, and Stevens. Not saying that they're all great receivers, but we have plenty of receivers.

Ray ? Seems everyone is forgetting him. All I recall seeing him do is make big catches, and then go sit on the bench.

Smoke screen, late info keeps Wisky guessing about what to do with SC out of the game and now that he is back in, they forget and plan to double him but he will not be targeted much. He will be used to draw coverage away from the actual play and open up the end runs and such.

AU took out a policy on his legs for this game and will probably not risk much injury to him and having to pay off on the insurance.

Archived