It's not over till it's over!

Johndunc

NSD is still 5 weeks away, CWM is just fixing to start 'cruting. If he puts together the staff I expect him to, we will be OK on defense. He will get a flip or 2, just wait and be patient there are a lot of real good players out there just waiting to see what he does and I believe he knows who they are.

WDE---- AND ALWAYS BELIEVE --

The dead period isn't over until January 14th, That only leaves 17 days of full recruiting until the next Quiet period on February 1st. Not much time but I feel confident we will make some noise.

Malzahn has finished pretty freaking well for both his NSD efforts so far.

Obviously we'd like a few more top players currently committed than we have, but I'll hold off judging the class until then. Especially with the coaching changes floating around, I think we've got a good shot at a few surprises

Is anyone outside of the Florida recruits and John Burt (I think) even on the board anymore for us?

Nope. We don't recruit anybody. The board is empty. :rolleyes::no:

Is anyone outside of the Florida recruits and John Burt (I think) even on the board anymore for us?

You want the sun-pumped, "I trust Gus and Will...", "CRG has a plan" version, or the realistic truth?

You want the sun-pumped, "I trust Gus and Will...", "CRG has a plan" version, or the realistic truth?

Give it a rest please. It's getting old.

One Double Sunshine, comin' up! :jossun: :jossun:

Are you the new recruting forum polluter this season?

I know a lot of people were upset that we didn't get any commitments at the all star games, but it turns out this might have been a really big recruiting event for us. Llts of positive news circulating.

Are you the new recruting forum polluter this season?

LoL

This is about to get real good Auburn Fast!

Maybe not Auburn fast for a few days. The dead period goes through January 14. Don't expect a lot of activity until then.

One Double Sunshine, comin' up! :jossun: :jossun:

No need for sunshine pumping, single or double. Everyone knows we are lagging behind in recruiting at the moment, but to keep being so negative in EVERY thread you post is just too much. Hopefully at the end of the recruiting period we all will have lots to feel good about.

What is the reason for the dead period? The whole idea of NSD seems antiquated, and in need of a serious overhaul. We finally got the play-off system in place that was way long overdue, then why not address NSD? Why not have 3 or 4 days throughout the year where players can sign a letter of intent?

What is the reason for the dead period? The whole idea of NSD seems antiquated, and in need of a serious overhaul. We finally got the play-off system in place that was way long overdue, then why not address NSD? Why not have 3 or 4 days throughout the year where players can sign a letter of intent?

There are plenty of days when they can. This is just the first one.

Since the Chiz era Auburn has been in the top 10 in the Nation almost every year. We always seem to have 1-3 NSD surprises that push us into the top tier. The players we have gotten were players other top teams also wanted badly so realistically we have done very well recruiting. The problem seems to be in Player development on the D side of the ball. While we have had some players develop and help the team we have not had enough. poor tackling and missed assignments have hurt us a lot more than weak recruiting.

Hopefully we will pull in a few late players and again have another stellar recruiting class. The reason for the pessimism by some is because we compare ourselves to Bama which usually is in the top 3 if not number 1 every year. That will stay that way until we start putting D Players in the NFL on a regular bases hopefully Coach Boom and Coach T-Rob can do that.

Since the Chiz era Auburn has been in the top 10 in the Nation almost every year. We always seem to have 1-3 NSD surprises that push us into the top tier. The players we have gotten were players other top teams also wanted badly so realistically we have done very well recruiting. The problem seems to be in Player development on the D side of the ball. While we have had some players develop and help the team we have not had enough. poor tackling and missed assignments have hurt us a lot more than weak recruiting.

Hopefully we will pull in a few late players and again have another stellar recruiting class. The reason for the pessimism by some is because we compare ourselves to Bama which usually is in the top 3 if not number 1 every year. That will stay that way until we start putting D Players in the NFL on a regular bases hopefully Coach Boom and Coach T-Rob can do that.

Top 10 in the nation sounds good until you realize it's also 6th in the SEC. Anywhere else and top-ten would be great.

Mikey with the exception of Bama there is very little gap between 6 best class in the SEC and the ones above us were not separated by much as an example last year we we were number 9 in Rivals we were 7 points behind Florida and about 50 behind Georgia with some of our top players being Juco so no bonus points The next 2 were less than 220 points behind. That is basically equal. Bama and LSU were the 2 exceptions. 2013 same type of numbers but less SEC teams ahead of us Mississippi, LSU Florida and Bama Again all but Bama close to us in points. Mikey I will concede that the O side helped us but I still say recruiting has not been our big issue development and Defensive game calling have been bigger issues.

So far this year it looks like we have done a decent job of addressing your LB issues but I think we need at least one more pure LB not hybrid and we still need D-Line and one CB. Next few weeks will determine if we address our needs but bad defenses were not because of star power. An awful lot of teams with worse classes then us have put together very good D's during the same time frame.

Top 10 in the nation sounds good until you realize it's also 6th in the SEC. Anywhere else and top-ten would be great.

Well those rankings are a bit subjective and when you are there, you have the players to compete and win with the proper coaching.

Archived