2015 4* WR Ryan Davis commits to AU!

McLoofus

Are we still feeling pretty good about Ryan? I saw on a Florida board yesterday that he was trending up for them and they had him listed at 65%. What are our feelings on him?

He's trending AU not UF. That can change but right now the UF guys are being homers.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we still feeling pretty good about Ryan? I saw on a Florida board yesterday that he was trending up for them and they had him listed at 65%. What are our feelings on him?

He's trending AU not UF. That can change but right now the UF guys are being homers.

Sounds good to me. I was wondering why in the world he, or anyone for that matter, would want to be a part of that stellar class they're building :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Can we get back to the original topic Ryan Davis.

Who? ;D

I wanted to get mad at you but I couldn't I was laughing so hard.

Glad you laughed. The next two weeks are going to be tension filled on the recruiting boards. A little laughter and tension breaking humor will need to be a part of it or we'll drive ourselves and each other crazy.

*fist bump*

He isn't a take for Bama which is why he cancelled his visit I do believe. They are going hard after Cager and the Arky decommit (can't remember his name). But they'll sign one of those two. Which means we have a great shot at him if we are competing against UF. Who's their QB?...

I guess he had to decommit from ARKY before visiting T-Town.

Maybe their coach will finally start hating on someone else besides Gus.

And to think he complained about Urban and SEC recruiting tactics back at Whiskey.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW Mike Farrell just said on Jox that he got info that Ryan is now a AU lean.

He is behind Godwin & Ray Ray in the slot spot but still thought it was worth sharing.

He is behind Godwin & Ray Ray in the slot spot but still thought it was worth sharing.

Take or :dunno: ?

Take or :dunno: ?

Behind the other 2 means not a take til after the other 2 in front of him decide.

With McGriff gone, would accept all 3 of Godwin, Slayton, and Davis if they wanted to come?

Don't know about Davis in that scenario. If we already have 2 WRs then RD would fall into best available regardless of position. There are some on staff that like Javarius Davis better as a best available prospect.

1 outside WR and 2 slot WR.

Definitely possible but not the plan as of right now. The staff knew for a while they were not taking McGriff. Him decommitting yesterday changes nothing but opening a spot for the best available regardless of position. The plan is still 2 WRs.

We tend to forget Jason Smith, who will certainly be a slot receiver by the time fall camp gets here. I don't think we need three more, unless as ellitor said the third guy is the best available player regardless of position.

We tend to forget Jason Smith, who will certainly be a slot receiver by the time fall camp gets here. I don't think we need three more, unless as ellitor said the third guy is the best available player regardless of position.

sounds like a draft.

wish it was that easy. :)

When we get to the point where we might be "turning away" a kid like Ryan Davis then our recruiting is looking solid. The ole saying "big dogs walk late" may still be true ... But the problem sometimes is ... Do you know if you are one of the big dogs ...

1 outside WR and 2 slot WR.

Definitely possible but not the plan as of right now. The staff knew for a while they were not taking McGriff. Him decommitting yesterday changes nothing but opening a spot for the best available regardless of position. The plan is still 2 WRs.

E,

Even though the staff knew, wouldn't they have adjusted the number of slots open and number of players per position they talk about to protect McGriff until he decommited?

I admire our coaching staff for having the guts to wait for the big dogs instead of settling for easier gets early. I like Ryan Davis, and would be very happy to have him as a part of the class.

Watched his film. He reminds me of our own Jason Smith. Ryan played QB in HS. Most likely the best athlete on his team. He is a very talented runner.

Archived