Mackenro Alexander Transferring

Maverick.AU

Those who say we're different because we "help them find somewhere to land" have got to take the blinders off. Every school does this and every school helps the guys find a new spot, to a certain degree. Y'all can't vilify ua for doing it, then somehow sugar coat our doing it. Pull your heads out of the sand.

But does that factually apply in this case? Was it AU or the kid who wanted the transfer? Odd thing is at UA you have guys on medical schollys or IR but transfer and are all of a sudden healthy again...has AU done that before?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who say we're different because we "help them find somewhere to land" have got to take the blinders off. Every school does this and every school helps the guys find a new spot, to a certain degree. Y'all can't vilify ua for doing it, then somehow sugar coat our doing it. Pull your heads out of the sand.

Exactly

x2

But does that factually apply in this case? Was it AU or the kid who wanted the transfer? Odd thing is at UA you have guys on medical schollys or IR but transfer and are all of a sudden healthy again...has AU done that before?

There's no way for any of us to know if MA was nudged out the door or if it was completely of his own volition.

And yes ua leads the way in shady medical issues. Just another form of processing.

You're actually comparing Gus to Nicky? You must be out of your mind.

You're actually comparing Gus to Nicky? You must be out of your mind.

You grow tiresome...

He should've went with his brother...I'm sure he would've found some substantial time at Clemson...kinda alarming he didn't find substantial time the past two years here.

Wtf

x2

If memory serves right he wasn't a top tier recruit, he just got that hyped up status we seem to give one or two guys every class

If memory serves right he wasn't a top tier recruit, he just got that hyped up status we seem to give one or two guys every class

It was the Bane facemask.

He should've went with his brother...I'm sure he would've found some substantial time at Clemson...kinda alarming he didn't find substantial time the past two years here.

Wtf

wat

your logic doesn't make any sense...not every player makes the field that we recruit...so does that mean they should all transfer? Or go to another school before they pick us

That statement is rediculous...and "alarming"...come on.

Wtf

wat

your logic doesn't make any sense...not every player makes the field that we recruit...so does that mean they should all transfer? Or go to another school before they pick us

I wouldn't usually reply to a comment as dumb as this, but why not. The Alexander brothers wanted to be a package deal, almost everyone in the recruiting section expected that if we (or anyone) got one, that we'd get the other. Obviously they didn't, one got extensive playing time and may be a starter at Clemson, the other got nearly no real time in an average at best secondary grouping. I don't know which brother made the final decision to break up but Mackenro made the wrong one. Obviously this doesn't spread to every recruit.

Wtf

wat

I wouldn't usually reply to a comment as dumb as this, but why not. The Alexander brothers wanted to be a package deal, almost everyone in the recruiting section expected that if we (or anyone) got one, that we'd get the other. Obviously they didn't, one got extensive playing time and may be a starter at Clemson, the other got nearly no real time in an average at best secondary grouping. I don't know which brother made the final decision to break up but Mackenro made the wrong one. Obviously this doesn't spread to every recruit.

Again, you don't make any sense. You come on here spew crap and don't expect to be shut down? First of all they not a package deal in the end. We wanted the cb big time but they didn't go to the same school for whatever reason.

This kid doesn't deserve you busting his decision because he couldn't get on the field. He worked hard in practice and the coaches didn't see him as a starter or full-time backup. He had opportunities to go elsewhere and chose Auburn. Please think before you type, you do this all the freaking time and I normally don't respond to your rediculous garbage but your logic is just off the wall. Every kid is not going to make the field, best of luck to them. Again, Please think before you type

Wtf

wat

They were a package deal in the beginning, but not near the end of their recruitment. Mackenro didn't "make the wrong decision" by coming to Auburn. He played in 8 games in 2013, that's pretty substantial don't you think?

Wtf

wat

They were a package deal in the beginning, but not near the end of their recruitment. Mackenro didn't "make the wrong decision" by coming to Auburn. He played in 8 games in 2013, that's pretty substantial don't you think?

I'm jumping in here so yes, I agree.

and yes I remember, the talk was package deal but they obviously didnt see that way in the end.

I don't mind him not seeing the field, that happens. Just not a fan of people being critical of a young man's decision to go to Auburn Over Clemson. Both good schools but he had a shot and is choosing another route.

Wtf

wat

yeah whatever

Z20Izo.gif

Perhaps my memory isn't the best, but I thought the feeling during the recruitment process was that his brother was the bigger catch of the two and if we got Mackenro to commit it might be enough to pull his brother in, too.

Perhaps my memory isn't the best, but I thought the feeling during the recruitment process was that his brother was the bigger catch of the two and if we got Mackenro to commit it might be enough to pull his brother in, too.

yeah that's what it was

Did not read the thread....... Boom is just doing his job. Finding ways to cull the herd and get better players in to take the place of those that are culled.

wde

Did not read the thread....... Boom is just doing his job. Finding ways to cull the herd and get better players in to take the place of those that are culled.

wde

Correctomundo

wde

Never forget: Coach Hothead cannot do anything unless Gus approves it first. Alexander did not play at all this year and that was Gus's call.

wde

Never forget: Coach Hothead cannot do anything unless Gus approves it first. Alexander did not play at all this year and that was Gus's call.

Gus (to his credit) realized that having a suck out loud defense severely compromised his "offensive genius"/"next great HC" reputation. Therefore; he hired a good to very good DC and assistants (he let one straggler stay, but that straggler has the AD in his corner). Gus wants to win. He needs Coach Hothead to help him win. Gus will go along with what Coach Hothead wants to do with the D and he should. Never forget that defense does win championships. It did this past season. It did when we won in 2010 and it failed us in 2013.

wde

wde

So Boom told him to pack his bags?

Archived